Search results

1. grooveman

Innards of the New Parts Express Lepai LP-2020TI Amp

Would a heat sink be needed using this 24V 5A adapter?
  2. grooveman

Crosley cruiser alternative

I just purchased one based on your YouTube video review. Got mine off of Amazon for $63.70 using a discount code. I've only had mine a few days, but as far as new "suitcase" record players go, it's probably the best built and sounding one out there. The Audio Technica arm and 3600L moving...
  3. grooveman

I Hate Beatles Records...

Not a top loader UK?
  4. grooveman

I Hate Beatles Records...

I'm pretty much done with acquiring Beatles vinyl. I own the remastered box sets, US and UK mono/stereo originals, re-issues, several import and MoFi pressings. I really can't see investing any more money into my Beatles vinyl collection at this point. Unless they re-do the stereo box set in...
  5. grooveman

Pink Floyd LPs Coming June 3rd

Early pre DSOTM Pink Floyd albums aren't easy to find in nice shape. Especially 1st press UK's, which are getting very expensive. Hopefully these and all the other PF LP's will be done properly and sound excellent.
  6. grooveman

Why have more than one TT?

Just curious.....did anyone back in the 70's-80's own or collect multiple turntables? I owned just one table back then. Usually the best I could afford at the time. Selling or trading off the one I would upgrade from. When did the interest in acquiring multiple turntables and audio gear in...
  7. grooveman

First record played in 2016?

"Psychedelic Pill" by Neil Young and Crazy Horse. All five sides of it!
  8. grooveman

What's everybody collecting lately?!

Very true. I'd be happy to find clean UK pressings locally for even $25+ a pop. But that doesn't happen too often, if at all IME. I'm pretty good with US pressings and re-issues on 60's-70's British Rock. But it sure is nice to add a 1st press UK LP to my collection occasionally.
  9. grooveman

What's everybody collecting lately?!

I'm always looking for 1st pressing UK Classic Rock vinyl. I just wish I didn't always have to purchase it online from over seas sellers. The grading can be hit or miss and the shipping is very costly.
  10. grooveman

"Dynaflex" dilemma

Several of my original Bowie albums are Dynaflex pressings. Some sound better than others, but none sound terrible. Haven't really played them in a while since I've bought the new "Five Years 1969-1973" vinyl box set. Might have to do a comparison in the future.
  11. grooveman

Why have more than one TT?

10-15 years ago I owned 10-15 vintage turntables. I'm now down to 3 turntables. One modern and two vintage, used in 3 different systems. Hopefully those other 12 tables are still spinning and bringing musical enjoyment with their new owners. I guess if I really had to, I could get by with just...
  12. grooveman

Rubber Soul- best pressings?

The red vinyl Japan mono's are excellent. I haven't played mine in quite a while. I'll have to give some of them a spin and see how they sound compared to the remasters and UK originals.
  13. grooveman

Rubber Soul- best pressings?

You really can't go wrong with the remastered UK mono. I own both the original UK mono and stereo. But it's really nice to hear a clean playing copy of this great Beatles LP, which the remaster provides, along with excellent sound.
  14. grooveman

(your turntable recommendation)=>Eico HF-81=>Dynaco A-25s

Reviving an old thread here. I actually own a system that consists of the Eico HF-81, Dynaco A25 speakers and a ROK N33H turntable with Ortofon OM30 cartridge and Cambridge Audio 651P phono stage. It's a very musical sounding system that is used in my spare office/bedroom. I really only play it...
  15. grooveman

Pics of my new SME 10A Turntable

Beautiful table! If I ever upgrade from my Clearaudio Permance DC, it will probably be an SME like your's. The 15, 20 and 30 models are way out of my budget, but look and sound amazing!
  16. grooveman

Pricing vinyl for garage sales and other strategies.

Occasionally some record collectors will run a garage sale that is heavily or solely based on selling records. Prices usually average $1 or $2 on most of the records being sold. But having a few boxes of the more "collectible" higher priced records is something I'm seeing more of lately. I...
  17. grooveman

Put a 1/4" thick cork mat on my ROK L-34 - impressed!

I use a GEM Dandy cork and rubber compound mat on my ROK N-33. That original brown thin plastic like mat had to go! Made a big difference and it's staying put.
  18. grooveman

Pricing vinyl for garage sales and other strategies.

I really wish there were better record collections being sold at garage, thrift and estate sales in my area. Most vinyl being sold at these sales I wouldn't pay $1 for, or even lug away for free. I'd gladly pay $5.00 or more for a record in excellent shape at a garage sale that typically brings...
  19. grooveman

Vinyls

I also heard that vinyls are making a comeback! Now that's some breaking news!
  20. grooveman

New Beatles 1+ Blu Ray WOW!

This is an essential purchase for Beatles fans. Considering the age of these promo clips. The newly restored picture and sound is excellent! The new remixes on the CD are very good as well. I'll also be buying the remixed vinyl of 1 when it's released in December.
  21. grooveman

rek-o-kut rondine k33 tt restore?

No problem. Keep in mind you'll probably have to use a DJ type cartridge with that low compliant arm once it's functional. I've used a Stanton 500 on my Empire 980 tonearm, tracking at 3.5 grams with decent results. It's great for playing older 50's-60's vinyl.
  22. grooveman

rek-o-kut rondine k33 tt restore?

On my N33H, I replaced the original REK tonearm. It was missing the headshell anyway.So I went with a new Jelco SA-250 type arm purchased from Esoteric Sounds. I feel it was a worth while upgrade, which allows for using a wider selection of cartridges than with the original arm. Took a little...
  23. grooveman

Anyone using a good cassette deck just for playback?

I recently purchased a Nakamichi BX-300. I've been using it mostly for playing back pre-recorded tapes that I've been picking up cheap. It's a great sounding deck, as is my Tandberg 310MKII, which I use in an other system.
  24. grooveman

NBC News: Old School Cassettes Make Comeback

The decent cassette decks and desirable pre-recorded tapes that once were found at the thrifts I frequent seem to be disappearing. So maybe there is a re-interest in cassettes starting to happen these days.
  25. grooveman

A Sign of the Times?

IMO.......The "sign of the times" is the continued price increases on new vinyl. New vinyl is really starting to get pricey. Well I guess you can always go back to buying CD's........there a real bargain these days!
Back
Top Bottom