Search results

1. C

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

The Moody Blues "This Is The Moody Blues" (1974).
  2. C

Shure M35X vs. AudioTechnica CN5625AL

I now have been a proud user of a Shure M35X for almost six months and I must confess that this is my favorite phono cartridge, it sounds far richer than the M97xe, and the distortion is seldom around.
  3. C

How would the AudioTechnica compare sonically to the M97xe that I have? Since I use a Pyle PLTT3U would the quality be the same anyway?
  4. C

I have a Pyle Professional PLTT3U turntable and I would like either a Shure M35X or an AudioTechnica CN5625AL. I would like to know what has a better sound quality and what would handle older records better. They both seem like really good cartridges. What would be more compatible with a DJ arm?
  5. C

"Switched Off Bach" (1969) would have been a great companion to Switched On Bach (1968) if it was not for Glenn Gould, prefer a more musical keyboardist. Also, Bach was meant to be played on a harpsichord, not piano. Sure I sound a little hypocritical since I love synthesizers but even so, Gould...
  6. C

Shure M92 vs M97 - My Conclusions

Perhaps the Shure M35X would do for my Pyle?
  7. C

VCRs In Europe

We are planning on moving to England and I know there is a significant difference with voltage and hertz there. Our VCRs run at 120 volt and 60 hertz. How can we get these machines to operate at 240 volt and 50 hertz? Is there a transformer we can purchase or do we have hundreds of unwatchable...
  8. C

I am keeping my M97xe for when I get a different turntable, the Pyle just does not like it. Do you think a jico stylus would improve my experience?
  9. C

I tracked my cartridge at around 1.5 grams and was very careful with it. I am not the only one with this problem it seems. The assembly in Mexico of the M97xe's are abysmal. Such a shame to see this happen to a once-revered cartridge. I never heard of a N97LT, can you post a picture of it?
  10. C

Yes. I used it to replace the nearly terminal N94 which had a purple grip. I also think, with the M97xe that I was given bad styluses by Shure due to the fact they keep snapping off every few months. Unlike the M97xe, the M92 has a noticeably thicker cantilever making it more durable.
  11. C

A decent cartridge available on amazon?

I had the Shure M97xe for almost two years and had gone through two styluses because they were faulty, the cantilever always snapped after over 6 months of use because of poor quality control. Compared to the budget M92, the sound was muffled and on some records rather distorted. Mind you, it...
  12. C

If you own a turntable and LP's, how old are you?

I am 20 years old and have almost 1000 L.P.s, about 40 singles (have not been so lucky on those), and a Pyle Professional Turntable with Shure M92 cartridge (had an M97xe but did not like the sound after over a year)...
  13. C

For years I had known the M92 and used it on both the Dual CS-2110 (N92 stylus on a M94 cartridge) and Technics SLBD20. It provided me with smooth and positive results but on the SLBD20 it gave me heavy inner groove distortion. When I received the Pyle Professional PLTT3U, I thought the M92...
  14. C

Garage sale vinyl score

Awesome! Great finds man! I find mostly junk at sales myself, except for a select few albums I bought but they arent picture discs nor special Japanese pressings. You scored big!!!
  15. C

Audiotechnica 78 RPM styluses?

So how does that pair against the Shure N78S? I already have a Shure M97xe cartridge.
  16. C

Audiotechnica 78 RPM styluses?

Does Audiotechnica make styluses for 78 rpm playback? I thought of upgrading to the AT440mla and wonder if I could play 78s with a special stylus, just like the Shure M97xe with the N78 attached.
  17. C

The Fabulous Thunderbirds "Tuff Enuff" (1986)
  18. C

cassette demagnetizers?

I have a Sony deck that was starting to lose volume in the left channel to the point of hair-tearing. I asked my parents for a demagnetizer for chrimbo, I got it and it solved the dilemma! My tapes sound crisper than ever.
  19. C

cassette demagnetizers?

Well, Brian the ones with a chip inside are activated with a spring attached to the part where the head touches the tape. As soon as you press play, the head will hit the plastic switch and the demagnetizer becomes activated. You have nothing to worry about, just follow the instructions and keep...
  20. C

Arthur Fiedler "Pops Stoppers" (1959)
  21. C

Justin Bieber video with turntable.

The Picture doesn't load. What is it?
  22. C

LOL at all this! I wanted someone to ID the turntable. Had no idea the thread would become a Bieber hate thread. However, I am not against it at all. As I mentioned earlier, I do not find a soul in Mr Bieber. I have liked turntables since I was 11 and like them even more now. I love good TTs but...
  23. C

I find a kitsch about Justin Bieber's videos, they are just so cheesy and bland that I just have to watch them. However, this video unlike the others is actually half-decent. The reason that I posted this was the turntable and the cartridge. I believe that is a vintage direct drive (Technics?)...
  24. C

Isao Tomita's Bermuda Triangle

The Burmuda Triangle was the first album I heard of Tomita. At first I was flabbergasted of how strange and avant garde it was. I had no idea that most of the music on the album were original classical works interpreted by synthesizer, I thought it was a genius imagining of a day at an island...
  25. C

Bob James - Hands Down (1982)
Back
Top Bottom