Search results

1. JStrid

Magnapan Unitrac I

Hey Jim, One of the Magnepan arm that is having problems with resonance and feedback is mine (mentioned on here by Divotdog), and thankfully Divotdog is trying to help me out with it. BSUJeep and I were listening to it a little while back, and we were experiencing standing waves during the...
  2. JStrid

Seattle area garage sale worth checking out!

Anyone go and check this out and score a deal or two? Anything interesting there?
  3. JStrid

Seattle area garage sale worth checking out!

Found this on accident--there might be some good stuff here for AK'ers to go get... Good luck! :thmbsp: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/gms/2496392908.html
  4. JStrid

JStrid -

Christine, thank you for such nice feedback, and thank you as well for your patience while I got it all boxed up safe and sound. I hope you enjoy the player!
  5. JStrid

JStrid -

Thanks Dan! You really made this a simple transaction as well. I hope you enjoy the player!
  6. JStrid

Best bass intro's....

I was surprised that it took a couple of pages for someone to mention the O'Jay's classic "For the Love of Money." The bass player at my high school used to play that for fun during basketball games and we all loved it. What a killer riff. As for other tunes, Charles Mingus is one of my all...
  7. JStrid

audio cabinet/recommendations?

I picked up a Cambre Timbre off of Audiogon for just under $200, and it has plenty of space, looks nice, sits solid and does a nice job of keeping everything dampened and stable. It was really easy to assemble as well. You should be able to find the other styles (I can only speak for the...
  8. JStrid

Want 2 upgrade Khorns

I forgot to ask, what are you driving them with? I found that my little SE tube amp did more for the sonics than anything else that I did to them. If you are running SS, I would suggest giving a SE tube setup a try. I have to admit that I am a recent convert, but there is no turning back for...
  9. JStrid

Want 2 upgrade Khorns

I upgraded my '66 K-Horns to the Crites A/4500 x-overs and his CT-125 tweets, and the sound coming from them really changed for the better. Granted, I went from the 40 year old stock x-overs to these, but I felt like it was a great bang for the buck expense. As for the sound, I would...
  10. JStrid

Khorns In Place

Those K-Horns sure look nice! Definitely the crown of that nice Klipsch collection you have going there... My favorite setup with my K-Horns is all analog with a nice little single ended tube amp (the 6GK6 one I got from Urizen in Barter Town recently). Not that I don't love Sansui (I had...
  11. JStrid

I can no longer afford the sound I have become accustomed

Well, I finally got down to reading this thread and I really enjoyed all of the input that everyone had. Very interesting stuff to mull over at the very least, and I am really curious about the room treatment stuff. One of my friends in town has a line on some apparently VERY cheap treatment...
  12. JStrid

AK Klipsch owner's club group started

Sounds like a fun group to be a part of--count me in! Lovin' my 1966 oiled walnut Klipschorns...
  13. JStrid

K Horn disassembly

Congratulations! Those are some fantastic looking K-Horns. Now you'll have to be on the lookout for a nice low watt tube setup. I can't say enough about how nice mine sound with tubes, and the setup even has my wife interested/excited. Fun times are ahead for you!
  14. JStrid

K Horn disassembly

Hey, happy anniversary! There must be something intrinsically romantic about K-Horns--my wife had me go pick mine up on Valentine's Day, and that night we were dancing around the living room. It's always nice to have your significant other onboard, isn't it? :thmbsp:
  15. JStrid

1950's Klipschorns on A-Gon

That's what I thought when I looked at the top assembly--that they were possibly just a two-way unit with a wood horn. That tweeter could definitely be tucked somewhere in there, but I admit that it is hard to see. At that price I know that none of us probably interested in it, but as a piece...
  16. JStrid

Oof, I didn't realize it was just a single. I was just window shopping the ad to see what it looked like, and didn't pay much attention to the real details. Ouch--and I thought the price was steep for a pair of 'em.
  17. JStrid

Anybody have any Signed LP's

I've got a Coltrane album that looks to be signed by McCoy Tyner. I picked it up cheap, was unsure of it's authenticity, but compared the signature to other signed items of his online and it definitely looks legit. Pretty cool, but I wish that I had the opportunity to meet him while he signed...
  18. JStrid

Saw these over on Audiogon and thought they looked pretty cool: http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1270586379 Those look pretty sharp, especially for their age. Does anyone know exactly what M-9 finish actually means? I would like to look closer at the assembly above the...
  19. JStrid

K Horn disassembly

Oops, I didn't see this thread. Congratulations! Hopefully you didn't have too much of a problem getting these back home. When I went to get mine, I just rented a little U-Haul trailer and picked up 3 huge bags of blankets from the place as well. It all worked out well in the end, but man...
  20. JStrid

Khorn question...

Any news on these? Hopefully something good happened and you have been too busy listening to music to write about it... :D
  21. JStrid

La Scala - Should I?

Black dots on the cabs? About those black dots on the La Scala cabs, I have a funny feeling they might be these: http://www.marigoaudio.com/vtstuningdots.htm I haven't seen any in person before, but they seem to be in about the "right" place for them. Surely if you remove them the sound...
  22. JStrid

AU-9500 pics

Hi Ambient, Very cool on the AU-9500! I have one, and it is by far the coolest SS amp I have ever owned. I love the sound, especially paired with my SP-5500's. I have the "Operating Instructions and Service Manual" for it in PDF form that has been scanned very nicely--if you (or anyone else...
  23. JStrid

Why this avitar?

Yeah, Woodring is one of my alltime favs (if not THE fav...). He has done a bunch of stuff with Frisell, including some multimedia show in Seattle with him that I was unable to attend a couple of summers back. I bet it was something to seriously overload the circuits. As a side note, Woodring...
  24. JStrid

Why this avitar?

Mine is Jim Woodring's character, "Frank." There is something completely compelling, addictive and awe-inspiring about how simple yet complex it all is. And to top it off, there are seldom any words involved. If you haven't heard of it before, and are into trippy art and need some creative...
  25. JStrid

JStrid

Thanks to you as well, Ken! We are both loving the new amp and my wife has been going through my record collection pulling all kinds of stuff that she wants to hear next. Thanks for doing such a nice job packing the amp and getting it here quickly and safely. This little Dolly is going to get...
Back
Top Bottom