Search results

1. D

Magnavox CDB 500.......

Is there any way to add a digital out "easily" to a CDB-502? I picked up a new in box one last year for $100 since it was my childhood cd player and I really missed it. It's analog out can probably be improved by my higher end DAC in my system But I wasn't sure if adding digital out on the 502...
  2. D

Thoughts on the C45

I have had a C45 since 2006. I love it still. Very rarely have turned it off and works like the day I bought it. I never plan on changing. Now if I can just find a good Mac amp to mate it with. They are so darn expensive and so large. My rack just doesn't hold the Big Mac monster amps. The C45...
  3. D

Mcintosh Has Been Sold

I too think they could use a little redirection. It seems in the last few years their amps have been overkill. Most people don't need 150 lb amplifier delivering 400 watts per channel and a two box preamp. Its great that these are offered and they are very beautiful looking and sounding, but it...
  4. D

New Forum Member and McIntosh User!

I thought I would give an update since first posting... I did a wild and crazy (and regretting move) I sold my Proceed AMP5 and purchased an MC122 stereo amp thinking I could go two channel. The amp sounds great, a little underpowered if you ask me, but I really miss the 3 channels with center...
  5. D

McIntosh MC122 info

Yeah, so far I have heard nothing but good things it seems especially at the price point of $1000 which doesn't offer many options in the McIntosh amplifier world. I would be intersted in a MC162, but don't see any for sale and I already found a good deal on the MC122, so I agreed to pick it up...
  6. D

McIntosh MC122 info

I was curious if anyone knows what years the MC122 was in production and what the original retail price was? I am about to acquire one to replace my Proceed AMP5. I have only been using two of the channels and finally getting a McIntosh amp to match my McIntosh C45. I am hoping the sound...
  7. D

Who still uses vintage Magnavox CD players?

My favorite cd player growing up was a magnovox. I have no idea what the model number was. It was a dark gray /black. single disc unti from about 1990 or so. i think it had a headphone jack. costs about $90. the drawer mechanisim was large and the laser was mounted on the drawer. anyone...
  8. D

No warranty for new McIntosh product not purchased over the counter??

And regarding the so called dealers.....(which is a fitting name...dealer, much better than representatives!) I have walked into my local dealer several times. Not only do I have better knowledge of what McIntosh current products, pricing and specs are, I hear them flat out lie to customers...
  9. D

No I agree with you Ryan. And i sought out a place that had a demo copy for less dough. But its not like I got 50% off or something. The strength of the products should outweigh their concerns for out of state purchases from authorized dealers is my stance. My only justification in not...
  10. D

MCD201 and Sony SCD-XA5400ES players ?

I have thought about the SCD-XA777ES, but they seem to need a new laser pickup or transport every couple of years and I would rather have something that has a better history. But the $1K price point is very attractive. the CDP-XA7ES sounds like a good unit with longevity, but no sacd :( I...
  11. D

I think I will write to McIntosh service and explain the situation and just state that while I do not foresee a component of this type (no moving parts) to break before warranty, that if it does for some reason, I expect McIntosh to work with me on getting it fixed. I did not buy it from fly...
  12. D

By the way, the dealer i purchased my demo unit from is Flanners in Wisconsin. Unit was immaculate and they said it was only turned on when someone wanted a demo. Offering a full mfr warranty was part of the sale for me, so when it was declined, they felt embarassed and almost betrayed by...
  13. D

McIntosh denied my warranty on my C45. It was purchased over the phone from an authorized dealer. (I had no wish to purchase from my local dealers in Houston who I have dealt with before) They claimed my address was in a different state than the dealer. So sure enough they rejected it. I...
  14. D

MCD201 and Sony SCD-XA5400ES players ?

Anyone curious as if the new Sony ES that seems to be getting highly rated compares to a MCD201? Anyone else use Sony ES sacd players in the past and favor them over Mac gear? I have never owned either and am thinking of taking hte plunge on a used MCD201, but for the same price I could...
  15. D

Thanks guys, and yes I can tell by the signatures here that some people place buying Mac equipment before other things in their lives! I think my income could support a mid level Mac set up (MC402, MCD500, etc, but when I think about how many movies and cds it would buy me, i stay reserved...
  16. D

Just wanted to say hello folks. I have been eyeing this forum here and there for the last few weeks due to my interest in acquiring a C45. My shipment came in, along with a Proceed AMP5, and I have officially gone analog for my home theater. Other componenets: Mirage High Definition...
Back
Top Bottom