Search results

1. Old_Tech

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Classical 103.1 FM Sony ICF-2010
  2. Old_Tech

Sunday night - Hearts of Space on FM 91.5. Denon TU-800 super narrow IF BW select.
  3. Old_Tech

Sunday evening 96.3 Classical from Toronto on my Sony ICF-2010!
  4. Old_Tech

Radio Station Quality

Great scope screen captures. I've never actually seen what it looks like in the modulated waveform but the blowtorch is quite obvious. The loud stations do tend to spray over to adjacent channels which is something I do not like. We have one here at 90.1mhz... It's a high school station that...
  5. Old_Tech

Tuners Sharing Same Outdoor Antenna?

I'm sorry you are right -75 ohms.
  6. Old_Tech

Astonishing Sony XDRF1HD Tuner

In my 2010 Accord the radio always has the "RTS" indicator on the screen and never any RTS to see. It sure sounds like beautiful HD but there is no HD indicator of any kind. Odd...
  7. Old_Tech

Tuners Sharing Same Outdoor Antenna?

Just get yourself a cable switch and keep the connection at 50 ohms.
  8. Old_Tech

Astonishing Sony XDRF1HD Tuner

Can't believe this thread is still kicking. I still have my little Sony on the bedroom dresser and it has worked great since when 2008? Yes I too endure the frustration with there being no HD tuners out there which I think is a load of it but what can you do. It's nuts because we have so many HD...
  9. Old_Tech

Sony ST-J75

I was fortunate to find a ST-J75 for a reasonable price back in 2008. I cannot remember the price but they were still somewhat plentiful. I sent it off to Punker-X for an alignment, recap and audio upgrade. I do think it is one of the best tuners I have here. It has a warm sound different than...
  10. Old_Tech

What FM antenna are you using!?

The station is 100 miles or more away from me.
  11. Old_Tech

What FM antenna are you using!?

I am using a 1/2 wave dipole on the chimney. It does a nice job I'm bringing in about forty stations some far away as Canada.
  12. Old_Tech

Onkyo T9090 Score!

Thank you dr*audio for your help on the 9090ii. It sounds really nice. Ron
  13. Old_Tech

I'm glad yours is holding up. I remember when I got mine you were cheering me on. These are great tuners and hard to find. I think I had the 9090ii online and forgot I had it. Good to hear from you Nick. Ron
  14. Old_Tech

Listening to classical 96.3 out of Canada on the Denon TU-800. This tuner has been in storage for a couple years now out of rotation. All the presets were intact and she sounds beautiful. I don't know why I put it away.
  15. Old_Tech

Onkyo T9090 Score!

Powered her up tonight and the presets were fine after three days being off. It's on the bench now and I'll be opening her up to check for the cap. I'm sure it's in there somewhere next to a memory IC. I set up the Denon TU-800 in her place tonight. It's been offline for over a year, maybe two...
  16. Old_Tech

Onkyo T9090 Score!

Try Digikey - that is where I found mine.
  17. Old_Tech

Onkyo T9090 Score!

I am having the problem with presets as well. I ran the set on Saturday night and had to set the memory again but it has been weeks since I used the tuner. I'll check tonight and see if the presets are correct. If there is a supercap I do not remember seeing it when I did the upgrades on mine...
  18. Old_Tech

Amazing Fisher 111K speakers

111K's We bought these in the Navy for $200 dollars a pair back in 1972. They are very efficient speakers and sound really fine. I remember a bunch of us did a bulk order of ten or so through the Navy Exchange. We had Sansui receivers back then also bought at the exchange. They do not take...
  19. Old_Tech

KEF Speakers - Good, Bad or Ugly?

Tinny sounding...
  20. Old_Tech

Sansui 5000 with 4 ohm speakers

I wouldn't do it. I have a G-7700 that hates four ohms. It will run very hot then into protect mode. I wouldn't try this with a 5000 however 8 ohms - yes, all day long.
  21. Old_Tech

Near-field listening environment

In my main system I am listening 8ft away from speakers that are 6ft apart. I don't think I could sit much closer to the sound as it works perfectly in the room I'm in. I have another system where I am 6ft from speakers that are 4ft apart. I consider both to be near field only because of the...
  22. Old_Tech

Large Advents - New Project

Original and New Advents I have both sets and run them stacked. The surrounds were done a few years ago and to this day these speakers are my treasure. I've never touched the caps as they sound as good as the day I bought them (1978). Probably one of the finest speakers ever made. You did a...
  23. Old_Tech

Grado SR80

I too have the SR-80i phones and can't like them enough. For the money??? :thmbsp: I never really noticed a break in period I always thought they sounded great. But it seems every time I use them I like them more so maybe something is happening. I think I have 40-50 hours on them is all. :music:
  24. Old_Tech

Nakamichi LX-3 transport needs glue, which is best?

I went through this with an LX-5. First symptom was the door would not open easily as the transport was mobile. I ended up using 5 minute epoxy on the standoffs and a ty-wrap to hold the decks of the transport together. The unit ran fine it was just loose in the chassis. Hated that...
  25. Old_Tech

Echoes New Years Eve Ambient Soundscape. WXXI 91.5 PBR. Denon TU-800 :music:
Back
Top Bottom