Search results

1. yddet12

Does bass damage your higher-frequency hearing too?

Does loud bass damage your hearing only at the specific frequencies at which it is played, or does it damage your mid- and high-frequency hearing too? Thanks!
  2. yddet12

tape player repairs in Lehigh Valley, PA?

Does anyone know where I can get a casette tape player repaired in Lehigh Valley, PA (Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton or nearby)? I have a Sony TC-FX44 that won't play tapes. I can turn it on and press the Play button, and the light for the Play button comes on when I press play, but the heads...
  3. yddet12

Identify the notes in these chords?

Can anyone identify the notes in each of these chords? What do the 6, 3, and 4 mean to the right of each chord diagram? Thanks!
  4. yddet12

weird noises coming from tapes/player

I have a Sony TC-FX44 cassette recorder and a bunch of assorted cassette tapes. Whenever I would try to record or play back these tapes, I would hear these bizarre noises from the tape. The VU meter would be pegged all the way into the red. Upon looking at the waveform in Audacity, it seems...
  5. yddet12

Stores to audition headphones in Lehigh Valley, PA

Does anyone know of any stores in or near Lehigh Valley, PA where one can audition headphones like Audio-Technica ATH-AD700, AKG, etc? I can bring an MP3 player if necessary. Thanks!
  6. yddet12

headphones on an airplane?

Does anyone know if we're allowed to bring headphones on an airplane? I was thinking of bringing my MS-1's to listen to music through my Kindle during the flight. Also, does anyone know if going through the TSA's scanning equipment would potentially harm either the drivers in the headphones...
  7. yddet12

Quick question..just had an interesting thought

If one had a sufficiently powerful amplifier, would it be possible to input a 60Hz sine wave to the amp and use the amplifier's output terminals in lieu of a standard electrical outlet to power a gadget? (I guess you'd need 1800W at 8 ohms for a 120V voltage, but just on the principle?) Just...
  8. yddet12

ART USB Dual Pre drivers?

Can anyone help me get my ART USB Dual Pre microphone preamp working under Windows XP Home SP3? When I plug it in, the Found New Hardware wizard starts working and says it found a "USB Audio CODEC", but then "Run a DLL as an App" crashes and the wizard stops. I attempted to find the preamp...
  9. yddet12

value of JBL SE5HS woofer?

Does anyone know how much a 5.5" JBL woofer model SE5HS would be worth? Thanks!
  10. yddet12

vertical black bar on plasma TV?

I got an HP CPTOH-0602 plasma TV with a vertical bar slightly to the left of the center of the screen. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've heard it's a failed circuit board somewhere, but does anyone know any specifics? Also, does anyone know HP's warranty policy for things like this...
  11. yddet12

Lafayette F2001 electrostatic 'phones?

Does anyone know about the sound quality of Lafayette F2001 electrostatic headphones? How do they compare to modern well-regarded electrostatic models? How would they compare to my Alessandro MS-1's? Thanks
  12. yddet12

question about hearing loss

I just got back from a school dance (you know, where the "DJ" is of the mindset that everything sounds better if it is drowned out by a +20dB boost on the bass and midbass) and, considering that I could literally feel the bass vibrations pulse through my body, I am now worried about hearing...
  13. yddet12

Dual 1229 rca cables?

EDIT: I found where to connect the RCA cables, but I can't tell which plug is for left and which is for right. (EDIT: Never mind, I found an owner's manual and it tells which is which). Is the Dual 1229 supposed to come with RCA audio cables already attached? Mine didn't come with any, and I...
  14. yddet12

JVC AL-F30 info?

Any information on the quality of the turntable, or specs? Would it make a good first turntable? What other models is it comparable to? Thanks!
  15. yddet12

problems with Realistic STA111

I have a Realistic STA-111 amplifier (perhaps not completely "vintage"--1983?) that has a few problems. The volume and balance controls are scratchy and make static when I'm turning them up and down. Would DeOxit on each do the trick? (I'm new to this) Thanks!
  16. yddet12

Genesis Physics Model 3?

What is the general consensus on the sound quality of these speakers, and how do they compare to other speakers (especially modern DIY ones, since they are 30 years old)? What would be a good price for a pair with the new original drivers from Human Speakers? Thanks!
  17. yddet12

good audio/diy/thrift stores in NH?

Does anyone know of any good audio stores/thrift stores with good gear/DIY(Parts Express-like) stores in New Hampshire, particularly near the Franconia Notch state park? Thanks!
  18. yddet12

Hales Audio Transcendence Speakers in NJ

Hales Audio Transcendence Speakers on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Hales-Transcendence-5-Speakers-pair-/230597028384 No affilation. Local pickup only, so you'll have to live near Fort Lee, NJ.
  19. yddet12

Identify this tape?

I found a "Smoky Mountain Christmas" cassette tape (the local library was giving away old cassette tapes) and it doesn't mention an artist. A quick google search didn't help either. Can anyone identify this particular one by the attached image? Thanks!
  20. yddet12

Thrift Store Happy Stories

I've heard so many stories of thrift stores throwing out good gear, having uninformed employees, etc. Anyone have any really positive thrift store stories (excluding scores!): thrift store managers who have taken up the hobby, for example?
  21. yddet12

Hacking an audio-video sender

I have a Philips PRT215 audio-video sender. You connect the receiver to a DVD player, VCR, etc, and it wirelessly transmits the signal to a receiver, which you can connect to a TV in another room. The problem is, the signal is not strong enough to successfully send the signal to my second TV...
  22. yddet12

Sound quality of Tritrix vs Grado/Alessandro headphones?

How does the sound quality of Parts Express' TriTrix speakers compare to that of Grado headphones (specifically the SR-80 and MS-1)?
  23. yddet12

hearing protection earmuffs recommendations?

Is there anything else I should look for in hearing protection besides the dB attenuation, and the attenuation at different frequencies throughout the audible spectrum? Also, is 30-35 dB about the limit of attenuation for most earmuffs? Or can you find ones with 40 dB or more of attentuation...
  24. yddet12

Anyone here using Windows Vista or 7?

Can you do me a huge favor? I need the newer version (v6) of Windows' Diskpart utility, the version that can work with removable drives (XP uses an older version, v5). I believe diskpart.exe is located in the i386 folder, but I'm not sure. Can anyone upload the newer (version 6) version of...
  25. yddet12

Acousti-Phase speakers?

Does anyone know about Acousti-Phase speakers? Are they good? Bad? White van? I found a single speaker for free at a yard sale with a foam-rotted woofer. The woofer has a stamped frame and 7501-2333 575535 on it. The speaker has particleboard cabinets with ?vinyl veneer? maybe. There...
Back
Top Bottom