Search results

1. jlc76

Be aware, AQ Dragonfly 1.2 is not compatible with Windows Vista

Will it work with XP? If so you might considering upgrading your OS to that, it's fairly stable but like Vista no longer supported by Microsoft. Anything more than XP and your computer will probably choke on it...unless it's some Linux variant but that's a whole other can of worms.
  2. jlc76

Pics of your listening space

Get a dog, it works for our house. Now if only I could train him to pick up the toys.
  3. jlc76

Need recommendations for integrated tube amp

I love the look of the Scott and Fisher amps/receivers. The Leben tube stuff seems to have taken it's cue from these. The modwright looks nice but is not tube based, it says mosfet on their site. I think I'm leaning going with one of the older Scott or Fisher designs as most of the new stuff...
  4. jlc76

How's the Fisher X100? There's one on my local craigslist but it's $500 which I'm thinking is too high because it's been on there for weeks. http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/4577554690.html
  5. jlc76

Actually my entertainment center is open on 3 sides on the top shelves and open on four sides on the lower and mid shelves, other than an X brace across them. You mentioned using the Oppo for the sub, which I could do but I'm currently using the sub out for my AV receiver and this still...
  6. jlc76

Oddly enough they don't have anything integrated with a phono stage too. I am eyeing their OTL headphone/pre amp but that's for my office system. They do have some really nice amps but I'd need at least 3 pieces of equipment to get what I want if I buy their stuff.
  7. jlc76

Thanks for all the great info, I should have stated I'm not against tube receivers like the Fisher but I'd probably have to forgo the wooden case if I wanted it to fit in my entertainment center shelves, which are just slightly larger than my Oppo 105. I'll definitely start researching the...
  8. jlc76

I'm looking to upgrade my Peachtree Nova to a fully tube integrated amp. I'm very limited on space and am currently using a Cambridge Audio 640P for phono preamp but I'd like to get an integrated with a phono stage. Here's the rundown: Speakers: Klipsch Chorus II (with upgraded Crites tweeter...
  9. jlc76

Klipsch RF-3 or Forte II

That explains why I haven't heard back. The $900 Chorus II's look really nice, they are on the high end but I can see how someone might not want to drop them 30-40% right off the bat. I might wait a bit and see if he drops his price, if not I'm sure some others would show up. I see the Forte...
  10. jlc76

Klipsch RF-3 or Forte II

There's a pair on CL for $400, and some Chorus IIs for $900 which seems high. Gear in Austin tends to be overpriced. I might keep looking a while, I'm sure I'll find some at a good price.
  11. jlc76

Klipsch RF-3 or Forte II

Damn, I just got the ok from the wife to upgrade to some larger speakers in the living room and these are on my list. I'm in Austin too which I gather by your search area is close to you...well close in Texas terms. I'm trying to decide between Chorus II, Forte II, and Quartets. I've owned...
  12. jlc76

Mog shut down April 15. Where will you go?

Exactly, I've already been using Spotify in anticipation of the demise of MOG. My wife really hates it because she knows how to use MOG on her phone (both in the car and on her Bose bluetooth speaker) and on the Squeezebox Touch and really loves the interface better.
  13. jlc76

CFL's affecting tube gear?

I've got 7 Par20 LED bulbs in my kitchen and 5 of those Cree LEDs bulbs in the dining room, both on the same circuit and both have dimmer switches and when they are on I get a very audible buzz in my powered monitors on my PC in the office (clear across the house) but when I remove the USB cable...
  14. jlc76

The Sound Gallery Austin, TX

I live in Oak Hill now and the reason it's become horrible to get around is the roads probably aren't much different from when you lived here. For years the environmentalists fought development of SW Austin and the mantra was "if you don't build it (roads) they won't come", well guess what...
  15. jlc76

The Sound Gallery Austin, TX

I got to visit this store this weekend for a way too brief amount of time (4 year old in tow) and I saw several pieces that caught my eye and could get me in trouble if I brought them home (Klipsch Chorus II speakers, I'm looking in your direction). At any rate, I'll definitely be making more...
  16. jlc76

Unbelievable 10,000+ rock records at a YARD SALE!

My wife has instructions that if something happens to me while I'm still young to either keep them for my kids someday (they are too young now for vinyl) or put them all on consignment with a shop or dealer I trust. She doesn't know the individual values but she knows better than to let them go...
  17. jlc76

Anyone using a Squeezebox with Maverick Audio D1 Plus?

Well, Maverick Audio worked with me for a while and we never could figure it out so they refunded my money. I wish it could have worked out as their product sounded good and did exactly what I wanted for a great price. I've now gone with a Centrance DacMini CX and so far zero problems. Both...
  18. jlc76

I use both MOG and Spotify but I am not using a laptop to stream them, I'm using a Squeezebox Duet. The Squeezebox does not use USB, if it did I wouldn't have a problem because the USB input on the D1 worked without a problem when I plugged my laptop in. I am instead hooking my Squeezebox...
  19. jlc76

Well, if you are just needing a DAC and not a preamp then I'd look elsewhere. There are some really good sounding DACs for under $500. Look at the Schiit Bifrost.
  20. jlc76

I'm sure he would but the D2 lacks the analog input which I need for the phono stage. They should have kept that in, especially considering the vinyl revival.
  21. jlc76

How would I go about reducing the levels? I have the Squeezebox volume down to about 20, but I don't think this is clipping as it never happens during the track, only right at the end or really in between tracks. I know there isn't silence in there because in plays seamlessly on my other...
  22. jlc76

I've used both Audioquest and Monster Cable brand, not the highest end stuff but it obviously works with my Nova. I've never had any of these issues with it. If it weren't for the large size I'd just buy a Nova Pre as I know that company makes quality stuff that works.
  23. jlc76

Yes, tried both coax and optical with my Duet and Touch. All configurations involved have exhibited the problem. Now I'm getting the run around from Ryan at Maverick, he's only answering once per day and I've been communicating through their facebook page since they NEVER answer trouble...
  24. jlc76

Yeah, there's one on there now for $800. I think a lot of people are dumping them now because of the DAC2 coming out, but that's fine with me.
  25. jlc76

Ok, well it looks like from your response and a few others I've gotten elsewhere that there may be some issue with the Squeezebox and D1. Bummer, this isn't a bad sounding unit. Well, I guess I'll pony up the money for the Benchmark.
Back
Top Bottom