Search results

1. steve p

Headphone cable

Is 50’ for headphone extension cable ok? Is it to long? For a little while I’ll have to be listening through headphones. Totally new to headphones. Friend will loan me a pair, not sure what brand yet. thanks
  2. steve p

Dac for node

I just got a new Bluesound Node and am using Qobuz. I’m thinking of getting a dac for it. Can I get a dac for around $200 that would be considered a upgrade to the dac that is in the Node? I’m new to the while streaming thing and dacs. Thanks
  3. steve p

Which vpi

I’m getting ready to buy a new turntable. Was thinking of getting the super prime scout from upscale audio, but I came across a classic 1 online for about the same amount. However it’s a demo unit. Assuming it’s in good condition I’m torn on which one to get. I can’t audition either so thats...
  4. steve p

New cd player

Hey guys I’m thinking about getting one of the Emotiva cd players. I’ve read all the motor noise issues with the erc-3, I sit pretty far away from my gear about 13ft. So I thinking the noise won’t be a issue. But all the stuff I read on it is a few years old when the player was 400$, now it’s...
  5. steve p

Forte iii

Brought forte iii’s home to audition(looking to replace my Cambridge SoundWorks)man I don’t want to bring them back. But I want to try out the Cornwall’s before I make a purchase. Have to wait til they get a pair in, might be a couple weeks. It’s going to be a long couple weeks.
  6. steve p

Dali model 6

I have a guy a work who says he has a pair of Dali model 6 speakers that he is willing to give me. Of course he's been saying this for a few years. I can't find any information on them at all. He says they are from the 80's. Has anyone ever heard of these? Are they any good. I've never heard...
  7. steve p

used Vinyl

So I'm going through a bunch of vinyl I got from a guy at work. I told him I'd see if there is anything it want and then make him a offer. So I have cleaned a few with a vpi 16.5 that looked good, then used a aerostat gun on them and they are still a lot of pops clicks and what sounds like...
  8. steve p

present for myself advice

So I"m thinking it's time to buy a xmas present for myself. Thinking of either upgrading phono preamp or stylus/cartridge. Here's what I have right now. Music Hall mmf-5 with Goldring 1012gx cart, Nad 2pp phono pre, Parasound p5 preamp and Parasound a21 power amp. My budget is 600ish$. Was...
  9. steve p

My speakers came alive with Parasound

So I was able to audition the Parasound A21 power amp and the P5 preamp this weekend. My local hifi shop let me take them home for the weekend. I will be having them order me these this week. I could't believe how much my Cambridge Soundworks t500 speakers opened up. I have never heard them...
  10. steve p

Amp/preamp help

I think I've narrowed down my search to these choices. Either a Adcom gfa555se, emotiva xpa-2, or Nad c275bee. Thinking of pairing one of these with a primaluma prolouge 3 preamp. Anyone know if any of these would match well with the primaluna? I've read that the Emotiva is bright, so was...
  11. steve p

Upgrade help

Ok guys I'm slowly going to be upgrading my system from a 5.1 to strickly 2ch. Right now I have a marantz av receiver, and a nad 2pp phono preamp. I am not happy with the nad. I plan on getting a Jolida jd9 phono preamp, and Accom GFA-565se amp and thier GFP-815 preamp. So question is which do...
  12. steve p

Nad pp2i

Hey everyone is this a good phono pre-amp? I can get it for 150$ new. My limit is about 200$. I have a cambridge audio 640p that has crapped out on me again this is the second time so I'm looking for something different. Any other suggestions if the nad isn't very good? Thanks Steve
  13. steve p

640p trouble

I have a Cambridge Audio 640p preamp I bought in July 08 3 year warranty ran out 2 months ago. It's been cutting out might play fine for 15 sec or almost make a whole side of an album but then a couple pops through the speakers and then no sound. Sent an email off to where I bought hoping they...
  14. steve p

upgrade help

Is it worth upgrading my Music Hall mmf5 turntable to maybe a VPI Classic when I using Cambridge Soundworks T500 speakers, or Marantz 7500 receiver? I have the Cambridge audio pre amp. Should I upgrade speakers or the receiver before tt?
  15. steve p

Bose 901 concertos

Does anyone know what is different between these and regular 901 speaker?
  16. steve p

Cambridge soundworks t500

Any opinions on the Cambridge Soundworks T500 speakers.
  17. steve p

Lp12

Is the sondek lp12 a manual tt and does it play 45's?
  18. steve p

Marantz or music hall

Is the Maratnz 6300 an upgrade from music hall mmf-5?
  19. steve p

record cleaning brush

Is there a difference between the Mobile Fidelity record cleaning brush and the Disc Doctor Miracle record brush? They look pretty much the same. Mobile Fidelity is cheaper. Thanks steve
  20. steve p

new gnr

Anyone buy Chinese Democracy today, if so did you buy cd or vinyl. what did you think of it? I bought it on cd. Good album may go get it on vinyl also.
  21. steve p

linn sondek lp12

I am interested in getting a linn Sondek LP12 what should I expect to pay for one. Thanks
Back
Top Bottom