Search results

1. Synchro-bias

Best solder for silver plated copper

Hello :) Ive seen a few threads about solder, so mine is a little different as i have both and done a comparison. Long story short, some years back i did my celestion SL-6 speakers with no leaded Stannol Solder ( i think) with 4% silver - i think is see why i had issues with the speakers...
  2. Synchro-bias

Technics D212, 5210 and maybe D2 elec caps with greenish stuff on the legs

I was going over changing my diy silver cable, to Mogami 2965, as it has good capacitance. I dont know if it will sound better, but the Mogami seemed to go with with my other Technics turntable. I did consider Van Den Huls Flexicon B4, but not much about it online. With my D212, i was able some...
  3. Synchro-bias

Dumb and Dumber Accident - left channel to earth - bright DBT now

Baily was helping me with my Technics SU-V8X. It was fine, i think close to solving, and then i got the wiring mixed up on testing it, as Baily had me seperate the front end, to get stable readings on the main board - all was good (likely the issue or the transistors on the pre drive...
  4. Synchro-bias

Anyone used Wakamatsu Japan for NOS parts - transistors etc

Hello, My Technics SU-V8X is playing up, and with nearly every test done to remedy the problem. I suspect one of the transistors is playing up, even though with the DMM, they tested fine, a friend said under load they may not be fine. This caused me to search google, yahoo auctions ( have...
  5. Synchro-bias

Technics SU-V8 - only small caps changed new internal wiring done - relay click on off, now no click

Prior to the wiring and small cap upgrade. The amp had low output compared to my other V8, and it also had a few issues, hopefully fixed. The silver V8, i had to use her transistors in the black V8 ( she now has KSA1381E and KSC3503D. D version has lower hFE, the original part higher. though...
  6. Synchro-bias

Technics SU-V8 (also other amplifers using 2SA1124/2SC2632 transistors) replacement

:) Hi I used the 2SC2632 in my black SU-V8. These parts are well gone, and though they appear on sites like yahoo auctions, the shipping is high, and then its not known if they are real or hot, though some looked really like the old parts I decided on advice in my last thread and a search...
  7. Synchro-bias

Technics SU-V8s - static channel drop out - think i found issue

Hi My Black V8 had been working perfectly, sometimes it would start on one channel, fix with the volume. I doubt it would be the connectors as i have them housed in diy plastic covers, so no dust or grime. I thought, maybe the relay cleaned it and I thought i fixed the issue, however after...
  8. Synchro-bias

Technics ST-S7 and ST-6 tuner complete recap - one no sound, one sound one chanel

I recently noticed a few more capacitors with green legs, one actually spewed on to the board, so I thought as a preventative measure i would recap all the elec. During the recap, i grabbed and bent a transistor on the ST-S6, but bent it back in place, its near the output? maybe this is the...
  9. Synchro-bias

2014 Wakefield 120 silicone grease - okay still?

Hey:) I was going through my draw at the entrance as i remembered i put it there a few years ago, going by the manufacture day 401114, i assume it was 2014. I have kept the jar sealed tightly in a ziplock inside the draw. I appears to spread well? still any good, i hate to waste it. It would...
  10. Synchro-bias

Technics SU-V9 high pitch sound both speakers louder phono!

:eek: The V9 is back with a high pitch sound to bleed the earso_O After some months of bliss, she was working a charm. Then one morning after a bit of a break, she fired with a high pitch sound with audio still present, much much louder phono. Upon re fire put a loud sound through speakers...
  11. Synchro-bias

replacement relays for Technics SU-V9 and V8

The Technics SU-V9 , i had help with friends and is working perfectly, like a dream, sometimes there is a bit of trouble with one channel, i suspect, the connector, as moving it back and forth returns to normal. It would be nice to have a spare relay - running out at Mouser discontinued part i...
  12. Synchro-bias

Technics SU-V9 1mv setting only right channel increases in vol, via tone slight hum right

:banana: V9 is working again after rebuild and bias adjustment.:jump: Some little issues that are not too urgent, that dont affect overall amp and enjoyment 1. I dont use via tone much, very rarely, slight hum heard more if nothing attached on all inputs, louder if bass is turned up otherwise...
  13. Synchro-bias

AN6552 replacement - Technics SU-V9

In short, the - 17 rail has had -54v through which as my friend suggested would have fried them. IC101 - Phono - using burr brown there OPA1642 or OPA1612, but have OPA1642 on hand (signal path with straight dc/via tone IC401 operation amplifer - tone control pcb ( i use straight mostly) -...
  14. Synchro-bias

Technics SU-V9 adjusment procedure questions

:eek: Finally what seems like a lifetime ( a bit dramatic but has been a few months) the V9 is complete, and due for a once over again to make sure there is no shorts. All new fresh capacitors -long life high temp FR PWs SU bipolars plus film output for phono. Thyristors have continuity with...
  15. Synchro-bias

Technics SU-V9 - Sanken mica washers - cracked or flaked

Hello, My slow rebuild of my Technics SU-V9 has come back a step today after viewing past photos to work out the PSU wiring. ? is this okay to use still or maybe best to get new Mica washers the ones i used some were not in good shape,so chucked them kept the 4 best for the V9. Maybe my...
  16. Synchro-bias

Technics SL-PS50 no power after front end and cd tray was serviced

I got a cheap $20 Technics SL-PS50, seller said it reads discs but doesnt play. It will not read 90s and beyond cds but will play 80s cds i have, and some cdrs. I decide to take the front off and clean it and check the cd belt - since then dead no power. I will tomorrow check the power into...
  17. Synchro-bias

Technics SU-V9 thermal paste - enough - re concerns of mica washers and thyristor heatsink

Hi I am almost done with the V9. My concerns ave been with the V9 heatsink, grease looks fine, thin layer. The procedure that worried me somewhat. I put grease on the heatsink, and put the mica washers on the heatsink, then greased the sankens, and placed on the heatsink, though I had trouble...
  18. Synchro-bias

Technics SU-V9 direction of Synchro-bias diodes

I took out the diodes and placed them on the table outside and a puff of wind blew them out of order. I am think i have it correct, going by the service manual
  19. Synchro-bias

Technics SU-V4X one channel out/ strange sound fluttery more than popping

Helllo, This V4X i named Mizz Trouble and, has been good since i used my spare V4X main board, was sounding stunning, really nice amp the V4X. Anyway, last i used it it was fine, bit quiet in the left channel and that seemed to fix itself. I had no sound in the left and the right was nice and...
  20. Synchro-bias

Technics ST-S7 tuner - recap - played and stopped

I recapped the power supply and replaced the green legged capacitors, and output opamp with LME49720 ( orginal (6552). I have another S7 tuner and havent changed its opamp but the same capacitors have been changed, though i need to get a few more caps for it tomorrow. ? it was playing fine...
  21. Synchro-bias

Silcon pads - re use

I am concerned after reading that you cant re use Silicon pads. I used re used them after i cleaned my V9 on the Sanken output transistors - i made sure i put them back tighly - amp never gets hot but with the V9 I dont really take it past 2 usually - it gets warm after a long use, but never...
  22. Synchro-bias

Possible recap - or replace one or so - Technics V9

Long story short, My Technics SU-V9 had been working well, dumped it on a box of bicarb , newspaper , vinegar, not sure if relay then i had some issues with it. Somehow i blew the thyristors (maybe earth pin slipped with DMM) I found hidden a dry joint on one cap ( marked green on third...
  23. Synchro-bias

Technics ST-S7 tuners - best caps to use? is AN6552 an opamp output

I have matching ST-S7 tuners in black and silver for my 2 V8 amps. The displays were dim on purchase and i assumed it was due to failing and aging display. I decided to take a look and in both tuners exactly the same capacitors had green on their legs, so maybe the caps in question affected the...
  24. Synchro-bias

Discontinued Mitsubishi CR6AM-4 Thyristor replacement

Since I somehow shorted my CR6AM-4 thyristors. I have been looking for a replacement. There is some variations with the current thyristors ive researched. As for replacement Thyristors - Wrote to Mitsubishi Electric and they forwared me to Renesas. I am waiting their replies Old Mistu part...
  25. Synchro-bias

Technics su-v9 playing up again - recorded the sound this time

Ive adjusted the impendance as per manual settings making sure I had it just right on the reading, knowning there would be some error with meter most likely. It ran perfectly etc , i started it a few times, though the V9 was getting slower to kick in. After an extended time not being used, i...
Back
Top Bottom