Search results

1. ymarko

Gorgeous Pioneer PL-570 sold $3,300 on eBay

Gorgeous TOTL Pioneer PL-570 sold $3,300 + shipping on eBay. Here is the eBay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-PL-570-Direct-Drive-Full-Automatic-Quartz-Turntable-w-Cocobolo-Plinth-/123842532927
  2. ymarko

Help ahh!

I would get ADS and Klipsch. For solid state and for tubes.
  3. ymarko

REDOING ANOTHER SET OF HERESY CABINETS WITH ROSEWOOD VENEER

I like your wood work and I saw few of them. As for this project. How do you remove Poly? Why you don't use conventional oil finish (Tung, Danish)? Or you mean them, when you said Varnish?
  4. ymarko

Ridiculous Prices!!!! Marantz 6300

The funny thing is that the original post (in 2012) ridiculed eBay buyer, who won Marantz 6300 for $565. In 2017 Marantz 6300 price double and now sold above $1,000. Who's laughing now? In next 5 years it will probably double again. Because they don't make more of them, contrary to say...
  5. ymarko

Original owner La Scalas on CL (Central Valley, CA)

Beautiful speakers. Great collectible example from the first owner, who apparently cherish them. I see beaten down La Scalas too often, with scars and nicks all over, and very often in ugly black & grayish color. I love unfinished plywood Klipsch with Goldish / Amber cast. I just not sure...
  6. ymarko

May fav Sansui turntable on Los Angeles CL for $250

Sansui SR-838 is beautiful TOTL turntable. Build as a tank. I love gloss piano finish.
  7. ymarko

Pioneer HPM-900 HAHAHA!

Great speakers. I sold them few years ago (way before the original post) on eBay for higher amount, so I don't understand what is funny. Why don't laugh on JBL L100 or AR-3a, that are more expensive. Another great Pioneer speakers would be gorgeous CS-99A and price would be about the same...
  8. ymarko

Biwiring a Marantz 2252b with Cambridge M80 Speakers

Maybe Tube Audio is not the right forum. Maybe should be moved to Solid State forum or Marantz forum. And I also have the same question - why do you want to bi-wire?
  9. ymarko

Speaker ID and value. Update: ADS L1530

TOTL Pioneer PL-570 worth $1,000-1,500 in today's eBay market. Heck, even PL-530 is about $1,000. If in great condition, of course. I have ADS L1590; they are incredible and gorgeous speakers. Possibly need more power that ST-70, try Yamaha.
  10. ymarko

Pyramid PR2500 Preamp....

Fast forward 6 years. The very same Pyramid PR2500/SEA2500X Professional Home Studio Pre-Amplifier on Amazon now. It's $70. Has 97 reviews, and grade 4.0 out of 5 stars. https://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-PR2500-SEA2500X-Professional-Pre-Amplifier/dp/B0007V43M8
  11. ymarko

New Khorn owner

Paul Klipsch said it well - 5 watts amp is more than enough for his speakers. Above that, end of block neighbors call police for public disturbance. But 5 watts rule stand only if one has good hearing and no plugs. If hearing is bad, a lot of "headroom" would be required. Some needs extra 50...
  12. ymarko

How much did I overpay?

I overpay all the time. I mean I overbid other bidders. Otherwise, I don't get what I want. And, condition is everything. P.S. Saying that I checked your Harman Kardon ST-8 turntable on eBay. Your pictures show incomplete turntable (missing a small plastic cover, that says "Rabco"). Rabco is...
  13. ymarko

Sansui SP-5500 - what’s it worth?

I bet he'll flip them for $1,000-2,000 in few years. People collect TOTL Pioneer and Sansui speakers. Sansui SP-series speakers actually sound pretty good. CS-99A are great speakers, especially with tubes, very efficient. However, sound is not the selling point. There're dozens of great...
  14. ymarko

Sansui SP-5500 - what’s it worth?

I think they worth less after "Cabs have been stripped of lacquer and refinished." They are TOTL Sansui. Therefore, buyer probably would be a Sansui collector, and collectors pay for originality. Indeed, Sansui speakers are lacquered, not simply oiled like other brands. Changing appearance...
  15. ymarko

Cornwall vs chorus 2

Here we go again.
  16. ymarko

Forte III’s to the UK

You have a lot of general consideration on proper packaging. Of course, it's a must. But this is not the prime concern in case of Forte to UK. Prime concern is the size and weight limitation to ship Forte from US to UK. I already said is above, and I want to stress it again. It doesn't...
  17. ymarko

Forte III’s to the UK

Speakers boxed on factory to be delivered differently, not by ordinary shipping. Therefore factory boxes will not withstand shiping. Factory boxes must be enclosed in strong outer boxes with a lot of protection between. Not many people have required experience to package and ship speakers of...
  18. ymarko

JBL Model 4425 Professional Studio Monitor Speakers - $50 (North Hollywood)

Dirt roads are there, at least according to Google Maps. I see CL post was deleted. Speakers probably sold.
  19. ymarko

JBL Model 4425 Professional Studio Monitor Speakers - $50 (North Hollywood)

Exactly my thought (even I'm not sure this particular CL post is from Northern California). So I grabbed 40 acres next to Mt. Shasta and another 40 acres in mountains near Yreka. Dirt cheap actually, like new mid-priced car that will be piece of rusty junk on 15 years. I doubt this CL post...
  20. ymarko

JBL 4311 or Pioneer HPM 100

Probably in 2010 it was going rate $350. Now in 2017 eBay shows great condition JBL 4311 and Pioneer HPM-100 sold around $1,000, some above it. Both are about equal on eBay. I prefer HPM-100. It's much heavier, better built, very cool-looking. Plays wonderful. So I sold JBL 4311 to...
  21. ymarko

Marantz 2215B Receiver Value???

I bet your thrift store doesn't offer Klipsch Forte, or Cornwall. Or Belle. 2215B would be more than adequate for them.
  22. ymarko

How NOT to auction a G-33000

I believe you might be right. Another Sansui G-33000 was posted on eBay today with asking price $15,000. Here is the link (not mine): https://www.ebay.com/itm/SANSUI-G-33000/272921071258?hash=item3f8b5d0e9a:g:EN4AAOSwe51aAzif
  23. ymarko

How NOT to auction a G-33000

This G-33000 just sold on eBay $7,877. Very strange that this eBay listing has no pictures. I'm very surprised people bid without seeing photos and only few words of description. Heck, I'm not even sure that this G-33000 really exists or not. If this sale is legit, congrats to a seller that...
  24. ymarko

ADS L-1290 sold on eBay $1,500

Here is the eBay link https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-ADS-L1290-Floor-Standing-Hi-Fi-Tower-Home-Speakers-/122583830039?hash=item1c8a90ce17:g:m-UAAOSwMvtZXYPF&nma=true&si=aEephZL5ThogVr4Y%2B%2BQI5n5iLQc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 Speakers look in so-so condition, have marks...
  25. ymarko

Pair LaScala in Walnut Creek , CA for $300, looks to be in great condition

Just to be clear. Walnut Creek is not a walnut finish. It's La Scala in Black. Makes all the difference.
Back
Top Bottom