Search results

1. slmsloslider

Randy Shaw

Some time ago, 2009, I bought a 2230 on Ebay, and based on posts here I chose to have the seller send it directly to Rob at IREBUILDMARANTZ. I waited, sent money and the unit came back to me with a list of repairs and a bag of parts. Right out of the box I had intermittent popping that soon led...
  2. slmsloslider

klipsch kg2

Mine are like that except with out the passive and the circle for the hookups is centered on the back.
  3. slmsloslider

klipsch kg2

Well that solves that mystery.The guy on the K forum says the pair he saw in 2001 on ebay had paper sticker on one only!Mine too, maybe the same speakers!!!!!!!!! Well when I get my M2230 from the tech Ill post how these sound, although as Im just getting into this all I will have to compare is...
  4. slmsloslider

klipsch kg2

Ill try to get one up today later.
  5. slmsloslider

klipsch kg2

Well this is a mystery, the paper hand signed label on the back of the cabinet would suggest that the back is original, no modifications.The front and back are the same material with the same black textured finish.The back is one piece with a 3 inch circular inch inset in which the speaker wire...
  6. slmsloslider

klipsch kg2

should i be able to see this? is it on the outside of the cab? all i see is the woofer and tweeter?
  7. slmsloslider

klipsch kg2

ok, I guess i dont know what a passive radiator is, can someone explain it to me? i see nothing on the back.
  8. slmsloslider

klipsch kg2

I just got these at the SA.I searched here for info.Most posts talked of front or rear passive ports, mine have none.They are oak veneer and have 8 inch woofer and 2 inch domed tweeter.Hand written label Kg200 signed by inspector and serial number 6x049 and 6x050.My reciever hasnt come back...
  9. slmsloslider

KLH24 Series 2

Thanks Archie, gonna do it! Any suggestions as to brands sources?
  10. slmsloslider

KLH24 Series 2

Yes RCA jacks, and they say series two on the label at the back.The crossover looks just like the one you posted the link to.
  11. slmsloslider

KLH24 Series 2

Followed a sticky above. Two 2uf 250 volt Daytons twisted together, does this sound right? Resistors look nice and white and clean. So doping is not suggested? Im gonna re veneer these cherry I think. Gee I am going nuts waiting for my Marantz 2230. Speakers should be ready and looking...
  12. slmsloslider

KLH24 Series 2

Ive opened my newly acquired 24s. Im not sure what Im looking at.Metal bar wrapped with a paper roll, one ceramic rectangular thing, and a round tube deal.Are these all capacitors? Do I replace all of them?Any recommendations as to replacements? And I was surprised to find the wire connections...
  13. slmsloslider

Jbl j2050

Well I looked at a pair of ar4x, chewed up cabs one replaced woofer not at all like the other one, passed on these. The guy also had a pair of klh24,cabs not to bad, looked together under the grills hooked up to an old Sony receiver with not to great reception on the tuner. They looked ok...
  14. slmsloslider

Jbl j2050

Willhowl, thanks for the advice.Im using the search.Alot to learn and Im REALLY anxious to hear my growing lp collection, been along time since I had good sound. I fell in love with that model of boat, Cal 20, when I was in college years ago in Southern California.Couldnt find one down here...
  15. slmsloslider

Jbl j2050

I missed these, waited too long after my research,one day, they were gone. Now looking at KLH 24@25 bucks,AR4x@40 bucks.Will these work well with my soon to arrive M2230? If they check out should I buy both ? How does a sub hook up?
  16. slmsloslider

Hello from sw Florida

Howdy Hello from nother South Floridian new to the forum.
  17. slmsloslider

Jbl j2050

Firstly please forgive my ignorance. Ive just bought my first piece of gear, a Marantz 2230. Im working with a budget of pennies. I just need to get up and running.. Ive found a pair of JBL J2050 bookcase speakers at goodwill, 15.00 dollars. Will these give me acceptable sound?. I don't...
  18. slmsloslider

Hello from Florida

Thanks folks, that Pro Ject III has caught my eye. Now what low cost great speakers for the Marnatz 2230
  19. slmsloslider

Hello from Florida

Hello,I bought some old blues records from EBAY and it occurred to me that I haven't got a sound system! So I checked out a few sites and found this one. Then I bought a Marantz 2230 on EBAY and had it shipped to a guy in California for restoration, waiting expectantly for that. I bought...
Back
Top Bottom