Search results

1. wtaylorbasil

Wobble on Speaker Cone?

For sometime I wondered what it was on the track "The Boxer" from the Album "Bridge Over Troubled Water" at 4 min 44 sec the sound is muffled/wobbled/confused or something I cannot describe. Is the audio so complex that the cone is unable to reproduce correctly or some other artifact on the...
  2. wtaylorbasil

Imf tls 80 ii

Hi, I have a pair of TLS 80 Mk 2 and would like to have the original stands for them. Does anyone have a pair or have the design specification of the stands? I would be very happy to receive any information about it. Regards
  3. wtaylorbasil

Samsung TV & Onkyo Receiver HDMI ARC Connection

Netflix, Amazon Video and Youtube are all on the TV. The only connection to the TV from AVR is HDMI Out of (AVR) to HDMI 4 (ARC) on TV - see attached. How do I "look for the audio via HDMI?" Regards
  4. wtaylorbasil

TV and Receiver ARC have been enabled but still no sound on receiver and now ther is no sound on the TV either. The TV speakes has TV speaker, Bluetooth Audio and Audio Out/Optical options to select. I have selected AudioOut/Optical. So I am not getting any further.
  5. wtaylorbasil

My OSD HDMI from Onkyo TX-NR 609 is connected to Samsung UE55JU7000 tv HDMI IN (CRC) on a One Connection Box that has HDMI IN (STB), HDMI IN (DVI), HDMI IN (MHL), HDMI IN (ARC) and Digital Audio Out (Optical). When watching Netflix or Amazon programmes, I have to get the audio via Optical...
  6. wtaylorbasil

MKV ripped DVD Does Not Pause and Resume

I thank all who have responded to my post. I am looking to go the KODI route and see how I get on-it is a steep curve for me and my friend will help me. xxx
  7. wtaylorbasil

At the time of my post the profile settings for various devices were as below. Samsung TV=UE55JU7000-Profile set=Samsung TV/Player (J-series)- This appears to be correct. Panasonic BDT110-Profile set=Panasonic BD player (this can have 5 other settings of various models) Onkyo TX-NR609-Profile...
  8. wtaylorbasil

Pause works but cannot resume after pause. I have to exit and can start play again.
  9. wtaylorbasil

My set up: MKV Ripped DVDs stored on External HD connected to laptop. Laptop, Onkyo AVR and Panasonic Blue Ray player connected to Onkyo via HDMI all connected to TPLink. Onkyo connected to Samsung TV via HDMI, Playing ripped DVDs via Serviio Media Server on DLNA, when paused, it does not resume...
  10. wtaylorbasil

IMF TLS 80 Mk II SuperTweeters

I suspect the STs are not working- of course they cannot be checked by ear as we cannot hear above 20kHz. What will be the best scientific way to test to confirm they are either working or not workig?
  11. wtaylorbasil

Pioneer SA 9100 Amp

After a long unuse it was playing fine yesterday. After 60 minutes a burning smell (dust smell) and the protection light came up. After a few more minutes the protection started to go on/off rapidly. I switched it off. Today I switched it on for a few minutes and it is working. I will not use it...
  12. wtaylorbasil

ct9191

ct9191
  13. wtaylorbasil

Denon AVR-X2200W

When Online Music is selected no OSD is displayed on the TV/Monitor. I expect to see [Online Music]/Firmware/Internet Radio/Media Server. Then I could choose any of the 3 sub-sets. I use Media Server a lot and would like to see the Genre, Tracks etc. Are there any settings that needs to be set...
  14. wtaylorbasil

DLNA Audio Streaming

Thank you for your efforts. I know the fault now. Onkyo took a long time to reply and they have accepted liability to refund or repair the 2009-2012 affected receivers. This may help others: http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/customer-...am-118747.html William
  15. wtaylorbasil

DLNA Audio Streaming

Varies. 30 seconds but sometimes after 1.5 minutes- no set intervals. Thanks
  16. wtaylorbasil

DLNA Audio Streaming

Used wifi analyser. My home wifi @ -60 to - 65 and nearest neighbour peaking at -86 and mostly down to well below -90. So may be I can eliminate neighbourhood interference. What is anyone's openion?
  17. wtaylorbasil

DLNA Audio Streaming

My set-up: Virginmedia Hub connected by Ethernet to TP-Link plugged to house electric. Similar connection from Onkyo Receiver to house electric. Music tracks ( Mp3 and FLAC) reside on Laptop windows 10 OS. Laptop on WiFi connection to Virginmrdia Home network (laptop not wired). Serviio 1.5.2...
  18. wtaylorbasil

IMF owners thread!

IMF owner Thread "The Mark 4 and TLS80 II were on low frame stands, slightly angled back as I remember" At the moment I have a pair of TLS80 Mk IIs. They have angled stands but they are not originals. The stands have casters on them. Will these casters add any colouration to the output...
  19. wtaylorbasil

Track ID Tag Not Changeable

I used EAC to rip my CDs to FLAC files and store in my laptop. By right clicking on the track, I could go to ID Tag and it would give me an option to remove or add cover art. Since a few days ago I am not able to do so because the ID Tag does not show up. What could have changed?
  20. wtaylorbasil

IMF owners thread!

IMF owner thread! wtaylorbasil, if I have access to those tracks I'll add them to my listening repertoire and report back. Thanks. I look forward to it.
  21. wtaylorbasil

IMF owners thread!

IMF owner thread! Hi mccarty350/canuckaudiog, Definitely Cosmic Hippo is a real test for any speakers. It does sound great on my IMF TLS 80 MkIIs. I may have mentioned these tracks elsewhere: "Clay Christiansen - Organ Of The Mormon Tabernacle KLAVIER (2000) track 09", "Johann Sebastian Bach...
  22. wtaylorbasil

Pics of your listening space

I have the Studio 1 from new since 1986 (£429.00). Then I heard the IMF TLS 50 MK2 and became very interested on IMFs for the TL design. So I upgraded to TLS80 MK2 which I now thoroughly enjoy and probably be the last speaker I will buy. So Rogers Studio 1 must leave this home. If anyone is...
  23. wtaylorbasil

Pics of your listening space

Has anyone had the opportunity to compare Rogers LS7 with Rogers Studio 1?
  24. wtaylorbasil

The turntables by pioneer... What do you consider the best?

My motto "whatever I have is the best till I move on to the next" I have the PL71 for about 5 years and I love it-it looks good too.
  25. wtaylorbasil

How to add more inputs to an integrated amp?

Try Beresford. He can design any configuration of Inputs/Outputs. http://www.beresford.me/products/routers.html
Back
Top Bottom