Search results

1. Turner-Table

Sony PPM service

Very good point! It "looks" like the bulb filament is broken, but won't know if that's the only issue until I get a new one...
  2. Turner-Table

Sony PPM service

Found an old service bulletin and removed the bulb - need a 8V 0.3 Amp "fuse" lamp...
  3. Turner-Table

Sony PPM service

Hey Folks, I recently had my PPM meters go out on my Sony amp and I was wondering if anyone has ever had issues or if the bulbs in them can be replaced? Thanks.
  4. Turner-Table

Rarest Monster Receiver???

Yes I had one myself for awhile. Super nice but they'll break a back that's for sure! :)
  5. Turner-Table

Sansui and Pioneer comparison

Much too general of a question IMO. They both, along with every other manufacturer, made some stellar pieces, others average, and still probably others that weren't anything too special...We all have our favorites, but my experience has been that broad-sweeping generalizations about brands are...
  6. Turner-Table

Onkyo M-504 at 4ohms

Yes they are pretty stout little amps - had one of mine bench tested years ago and it did 128 watts into 8-ohms and 181 watts into 4-ohms. They were just never popular or visually appealing to most folks - everybody's gotta have the meters. That whole early matching Integra set with P-303...
  7. Turner-Table

Sony TA-E7B restoration

Mine has a 700xxx serial number and has a Canadian "Certified Home Entertainment Device" label underneath the serial number tag. It is standard 120V.
  8. Turner-Table

Sony TA-E7B restoration

Mine has a 700xxx serial number and has a Canadian "Certified Home Entertainment Device" label underneath the serial number tag. It is standard 120V.
  9. Turner-Table

Sony TA-E7B restoration

Nice preamp! I have one of these too that needs refurb... I am anxious to see how it compares with my TAE-8450 & other preamps... They're just so rare so it's hard to find anybody that has experience with them. I would love to see you get yours squared away and look forward to following your...
  10. Turner-Table

kenwood or pioneer

For me, the tuner is important, but by no means the only thing. I was always more moved by the sonic signature of the amp and most especially by the phono section. I play lots of records but listen to FM only sparingly. If you can't decide, hell just keep 'em all. It's not like they eat...
  11. Turner-Table

How do you find people to work on your gear?

Also, if you really like your gear and want to continue to use it indefinitely, learn all you can about it yourself. One of my pieces had some issues and I took it to a local shop with a very good reputation, but they were unable to do much because it was a rare piece and "different" from what...
  12. Turner-Table

Onkyo integra M-Series Amp Owners; Current and Former

I have an early member of the series - the M505. It's a well built and great sounding piece but unpopular because it is meter-less.
  13. Turner-Table

Onkyo TX-5000 Receiver

Still love the super wide-look of that receiver line!! Just curious, could you provide some details as to the sound or what you don't like about the sound as compared to other receivers you have? I like my TX-7000's sound, but it may be a bit loose/boomy and over-emphasized in the bass region...
  14. Turner-Table

Onkyo TX-5000 Receiver

I have a TX-7000, which is in that same line. Very nice receiver that has a very nice tuner and phono section. Somewhere here on AK, there is a copy of a review article of the TX-5000 that has some interesting info. One thing I remember from the article was the TX-5000's capability to handle...
  15. Turner-Table

Sony TAN-8250 transformer repair

Let us know, too, if you need to replace the large dual filter cap - I can show you what I did when I replaced mine.
  16. Turner-Table

Yeah I don't think there's an internal fuse inside the transformer? Is that what you mean?
  17. Turner-Table

Yes that transformer is used only in the TAN-8250. And actually, in my estimation, the 8250 is considerably more rare than the TAN-8550 (in the US market anyway), even though it uses BJT's. It was actually higher priced and more expensive to manufacture because of its SCR regulated power...
  18. Turner-Table

SONY TA N7B COMPARED TO TA N90ES

My TA-5650 seems to handle 4 ohm loads very well. I know it is no TA-N7 but it's sound has been described as similar by some folks. Of course I realize though that it will always stress it more than 8 ohm loads. Also, I know it is non-Vfet and hard to come by, but the TAN-8250 has the high DF...
  19. Turner-Table

The Onkyo Saga from mid 1970s to early 1990s

I've had nothing but great experiences with the Onkyos I have...TX7000 receiver, M-505 power amp, & P-303 preamp..The M-505 and P-303 are visually rather plain but their design and sound is off the charts.
  20. Turner-Table

Sony STR-V4 find

Nice thread...I've wondered about the STR-V4.... I have an STR-V7 and STR-7800SD. I like both of these units - they both have strengths and weaknesses, although I'm sure they could use an overhaul. The V7 seems to have more bass authority and tightness than the 7800, but leaves something to be...
  21. Turner-Table

Your Favorite Middle-Range Receivers/Int Amps

Pioneer SA-9100, Sony TA-5650, & Mac MA-6100 all are very nice sounding pieces...at least to my aged ears..
  22. Turner-Table

New output transistors for SONY TAN-8250

They're a high-seed switching diode - https://www.digikey.com/en/products/filter/diodes-rectifiers-single/280?s=N4IgTCBcDaIIwGcFzgThAXQL5A Have 'em at Digikey.
  23. Turner-Table

New output transistors for SONY TAN-8250

Looks like he's got "1SS119" as a replacement.
  24. Turner-Table

SA 9100 - Just Purchased with some Issues - Looking to get It Serviced in Louisiana

Good job! That set of SA-9100 & TX-9100 is a great duo! Not only nice looking but great sounding...
Back
Top Bottom