Search results

1. jazzwolf

phono cable suggestions?

I have a Music Hall 5.1 and am thinking of replacing the stock phono cables that came with it. Any Suggestions? I'm playing it through a Marantz PM5004 Integrated Amp
  2. jazzwolf

Marantz CD5004 vs NAD C516BEE

My old Sony CDP-990 is getting ready to bite the dust as the tray door sometimes gets stuck when it's closing and it opens up VERY slowly. I've had it since it first came out, I would say 25 years or close to it. I primarily listen to records but also have a large cd collection. I was pricing cd...
  3. jazzwolf

One Stop Record cleaning fluid?

I have a VPI 16.5 and a Nitty Gritty Record Master. I've used NG, VPI, MoFi and the fluid I've used most is Phoenix w/enzymes. Sometimes I just want to give a record a light cleaning that doesn't involve a rinse. What One Step cleaner do you use?
  4. jazzwolf

Music Hall acrylic platter - GREAT!!!

I just picked up the acrylic platter to replace that terrible felt mat that came with my 5.1 and I can't believe the difference it makes. I actually just wanted it so I would stop dealing with that static dust collector felt mat but I can actually hear the difference in the music. I hear a nice...
  5. jazzwolf

Pro-Ject Speed Box S

I'm thinking of getting this speed box for my Music Hall mmf 5.1 and I'm reading stuff that claims it loses the warmness.. Cable too short etc.. Has anyone here used one of these? Is it worth the money? Easy to install?
  6. jazzwolf

David Bowie: The Man who sold the World

Has there EVER been a decent copy of this recording? I have an original RCA LP and while the music is great the recording sounds muffled and like an old pre-recorded cassette. Pretty bad!
  7. jazzwolf

Music Hall mmf 5.1 - SWEET!!!

I just received a new MH 5.1 and this really sounds awesome!! I'm playing Dean Martin's "This time I'm swingin" on Mobile Fidelity and it sounds fantastic! The cartridge is the Magic 3 which is actually a rebadged Ortofon 520 II and it is really smooth. The only thing I don't care for is the...
  8. jazzwolf

Music Hall Decisions...

I was going to buy a Music Hall mmf 2.2 but after adding on an acrylic platter and a new cartridge (I bought a Red Ed which is supposed to be the MH tracker that comes with it and didn't care for it) the total came up to over 750.00. I was close to 5.1 territory so I started looking at THAT...
  9. jazzwolf

Music Hall Magic 3 cartridge?

Has anyone heard this cartridge? I can't find any information or review on this outside of the fact that it seems to be made by Ortofon. I've been looking at the Music Hall MMF 5.1 and that is the cartridge that comes with it
  10. jazzwolf

Music Hall 2.2, Pro-Ject Carbon or Debut III?

I'm thinking of getting a "New" turntable for another room and I was thinking of one of these models. Any suggestions? Before anyone says vintage let me just say that I have several good vintage turntables. My main turntable is a Technics 1200 MKII that I bought new a few years ago. I just...
  11. jazzwolf

Dual Alignment Jig

Does anyone know where I can purchase one of these? I thought I had my Shure M91ed aligned correctly on my Dual 1249 using the protractor that came with my Shure m97xe until I heard a record skipping a few times and I know that record doesn't skip. I moved the cartridge back on the headshell a...
  12. jazzwolf

New Bohhey Dual 1249

I bought a Dual 1249 from Bill and it brings back so many good memories! This was the very first turntable that I ever bought with my hard earned money back in 1975. I was 18 years old and a messenger then. I REALLY hustled to make that money back then! This turntable sounds wonderful with a...
  13. jazzwolf

Ortofon 2M Red

I was going to buy a replacement Stylus for my AT 120e until I saw the price... Man, that's a steep jump from a year ago!! I saw that the Ortofon cartridge was about 25.00 more and I decided to pull the trigger cause I've always wanted to hear one. I received it today from LPGear and I just...
  14. jazzwolf

Fix my dual website

Is www.fixmydual.com still in business? I've tried going to the page with a few browsers since yesterday and I get a page not available.
  15. jazzwolf

Miles Ahead

I'm very wary of new releases of classic records because to be honest a lot of the ones I've come across have left me wanting. Either the vinyl is noisy or the record just sounds mediocre compared to the original. That being said I just received the 180g RTI pressing of Miles Ahead and it sounds...
  16. jazzwolf

So freaking frustrated with these Beatles reissues!!!

Just received Abbey Road and it sounds like CRAP!! There is more noise in that NEW vinyl than there are in my old copies!! I have a few pressings of this record and my old purple and orange label versions are SUPERIOR to this so called remastered version! Rubber Soul, Revolver and Sgt Pepper...
  17. jazzwolf

Byrds On Sundazed: AWESOME

I had put together some money to get some records on Record Store Day UNTIL I saw the freaking line waiting to get into my local store! Sorry, I don't do crowds. I just can't see myself standing on a line just so I can spend money. I said screw it and went back home and then remembered that I...
  18. jazzwolf

Anyone tried this enzyme cleaner?

Has anyone tried this enzyme cleaner? Just came across this on the Internet while doing a search record cleaning fluids. http://www.vinylcaresolutions.com/id47.html
  19. jazzwolf

Woo Hoo!!! New Turntable!!

I decided to buy a new turntable cause it's been almost 30 years since I bought one. I was leaning towards the Music Hall 5.1 but I kept hedging cause I like to switch cartridges depending on the type of music that I play and I couldn't see myself constantly mounting a cartridge so I pulled the...
  20. jazzwolf

Music Hall MMF 5.1 question

I plan on buying a new Turntable in about 2 weeks. I don't really need one as I have several but it's been over 30 years since I bought anything new. I was originally gonna get a MH 2.2 or Rega RP1 but I haven't heard the Rega and am not impressed by it's looks although I'm sure it's a fine...
  21. jazzwolf

Has anyone heard or own a Rega RP1?

I'm thinking of getting a new Turntable and had narrowed it down to a Rega RP1 and a Music Hall 2.2 but then i saw a video on you tube that showed the Rega platter as being plastic (?!!). It definitely looked cheap and was a turnoff. Unfortunately there are no audio shops anywhere in Wilmington...
  22. jazzwolf

Technics Turntables discontinued?!!

Every once in a while this rumor comes up but it looks like even C-Net is picking this up. Has anyone heard this at all? http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20021105-47.html
  23. jazzwolf

Technics SL-1301 Original cartridge question

I just bought a Technics SL-1301 on the Bay and thankfully the seller followed my packing instructions and it arrived safely. This is really a nice sounding turntable and I'm currently using my Shure V15III with Jico stylus on it. It came with the original Technics Cartridge which is a rebadged...
  24. jazzwolf

Technics SL-1301 Question

Is the Technics SL-1301 subject to the same cueing problems that plague the SL-1300MKII?
  25. jazzwolf

AR XB Wow!!!!

I pulled the trigger on the AR XB and I'm stunned! This little turntable shouldn't sound this good! I just can't stop playing records! It was the most simplest thing to set up. It has an Ortofon OM5E and although I heard it was a basic budget cartridge it sounds perfect on this turntable. I'll...
Back
Top Bottom