Search results

1. hatrack71

OMG! Which Singer's Voice Makes You Want To Put A Nail Into Your Temple?

Most annoying to me is Ani DiFranco. Next... on average.. is any new millenial music. I literally struggle to find music more worthy than a trashcan or recycle bin these days. That's probably why I like electronic instrumental so much. LOL
  2. hatrack71

UPS why bother selling insurance if you never pay?

Exactly! Fake! And maybe they say they handle them better but not in my experience.
  3. hatrack71

UPS why bother selling insurance if you never pay?

UPS is still in business? Worst company ever. I will never use again.. period. Everything about them is not acceptable to me. And.. oh yes.. I've been through their fake claim process a few time times before I told them to stick it. LOL. In my experience they will only pay out if they packed it...
  4. hatrack71

How Would You Feel If You Were Over Charged On Postage By A Lot?

There should be a dollar amount on the actual postage. I wouldn't let it slide. If it isn't media being shipped, it is not legit to mail it that way according to USPS. It probably was packed like shit too if the seller is as dishonest/cheap as he seems. I stopped playing around when it comes to...
  5. hatrack71

Technics 1200 Mk5 has sound when turned off

Turn the phono pre off. Or switch to another input. I've seen this before with certain turntables. Some will cut the signal when the tonearm is in a certain position, some won't.
  6. hatrack71

ALTEC S-15 FOUR CHANEL WESTERN ELECTRIC TUBE AMPLIFIER

That looks big. Love the Peerless iron.
  7. hatrack71

Poll: What Was Your First McIntosh?

Mc240 was my first. Followed by an MX-110Z and another Mc240. That's all I have presently are these 3 pieces.
  8. hatrack71

Help to ID 1950's Console? ... Pic & clues attached

No idea other than the usual spots- eBay, Craigslist and antique/ thrift/ recycling/ secondhand stores. Pilot is less common and they are higher quality than Magnavox and RCA in most instances. Lots of tube guys like Pilot gear.
  9. hatrack71

I love a good mystery. LOL. Glad I could help.
  10. hatrack71

Here's a different two cab Pilot.
  11. hatrack71

Is it a Pilot PT-1036? I've seen the turntable on the right on another Pilot like it that was black.
  12. hatrack71

Mc75 amplifiers, what would you pay?

There you go. Barzilay is the one.
  13. hatrack71

Good grab at $1K. I still think there is a lot of confusion as far as value. These are not very common and are being under-valued even by myself... IMO. Honestly, after a recap and a little more cleanup, I don't see why these wouldn't sell for $2500-3000. Really. I have no trouble recalling many...
  14. hatrack71

Oh, I got ya. If it didn't cost you too much in parts, I'd say an offer between $1200 and $1500 would still be fair but if he is cool with $1k that isn't exactly chump change in these times either...especially if he doesn't care about audio. You pretty much did what any tech would do and verify...
  15. hatrack71

Well, there are quite a few of us here, including myself, who have watched these exact models for years on eBay if that means anything. To me $700 seems bare minimum on just one of them. And since it works, maybe more. But again, if your friend is comfortable selling for less, by all means do...
  16. hatrack71

Big difference between $3K and $700. LOL. Like I said, it shouldn't cost $1500 to make these safe daily drivers. Nowhere near if you get a competent local tech without the renown ($$) behind their name. LOL. Sure it looks official to get the factory authorized repair sticker or say that so and...
  17. hatrack71

$700 in any condition is absolutely stealing those especially since they work. In reality I would pay double that for those. I'm thinking you could make them safe for much less money.
  18. hatrack71

Turntable skips when walking by

Could be you need to try a different turntable like a direct drive with a solid plinth.. non suspended. I have found some idlers really transfer the sound or are poor vibration designs. I had similar issues with a Garrard Lab 80 but have had better luck with idler Duals as to footfalls. The...
  19. hatrack71

JBL L-300 or two pairs of JBL L-112’s

L300s are better. Don't even need to expand on or explain this one. This really isn't even a fair comparison in my opinion.
  20. hatrack71

Which Dual is the best? I've made up my mind!

I have a couple CS-521 decks. These are very nice belt drives. I like the fact these fly way under the radar. It makes them an outstanding value. I dismissed these plastic plinth era Dual belt drives until recently. Glad I decided to give them a chance. I quite like them as well as the CS-1241...
  21. hatrack71

Unusual small speaker thread.

My goodness, those little Sansuis look so cute!
  22. hatrack71

I have all the info on file. It uses a 3" full range Audax front firing driver and a Gefco 5" rear passive radiator. All of this in a deadened cement enclosure dipped in latex. Sound is pretty damn amazing. They are actually my computer speakers on one of my setups. Crucial that they are tilted...
  23. hatrack71

Purple Supergravity Neutrinos. 10 pair in existence. Lineage to Evett and Shaw Elan
  24. hatrack71

Need advice re thinning the herd

I'll admit, I did say the suspended tables earlier if you had to absolutely part with anything. But I go through phases with turntables. In reality, If it were me, I would just find more space somehow and keep them all. There really isn't a bad one in that bunch. And I'm not 100% certain on all...
  25. hatrack71

Need advice re thinning the herd

Well maybe in your neck of the woods SL-1200 is far more plentiful. But yeah, it's fine. I would agree that more SL-1200 were made probably but I do think there were a lot of XAs too. It was a popular unit in it's day so a lot of units sold. I've come across more Duals and AR-XAs than anything...
Back
Top Bottom