Search results

1. musichal

musichal's stories

"You've reached the stage of a condition no longer treatable. Hospice for palliative measures is my suggestion..." I agreed, the idea a done deed within minutes. I didn't notice Christine crying until then, "Now, baby, I ain't dead yet, so don't be borrowing extra trouble from tomorrow -...
  2. musichal

musichal's stories

"I understand you have questions - I do have answers - but first why don't you give me a brief history of your health problems so I can ascertain where you are in your comprehension?" "In a nutshell, my liver has been all but destroyed by Hep C. Took three rounds of three new, different meds...
  3. musichal

No matter what gear you own it will only take you so far.

Good enough for me is good enough for me/
  4. musichal

Am I living in the past ?

Silver 100 Monitor Audio. Bronze 100, MA.
  5. musichal

Is a Kenwood KR-6030 an Upgrade over my Yamaha CR-800?

That Kenwood model is prone to power-switch failures that aren't an easy fix.
  6. musichal

Woah! my system sounds good

Supercool!
  7. musichal

Hello Again – Looking to build a $1500 dedicated music system.

Monitor Audio Bronze 100 are on sale at 4475/pair. Eight-inch woofer, bookshelf model. I like them much better than elac, myself.
  8. musichal

Hilton Valentine has died

+2 for It's My Life, Mr. Valentine. RIP.
  9. musichal

Goodbye, Cruel World!

A taxidermist?
  10. musichal

Goodbye, Cruel World!

Just spent a sunny Saturday afternoon with a young funeral salesman. I was raised in a family in which each self-pays final expenses, passing along the rule, no upgrades. Of course it ain't cheap but we got side-by-side sites with boxes and funeral services, embalming, and other options for...
  11. musichal

What are full range speakers for?

Brilliance band, now known as midrange.
  12. musichal

Are soundbars and Bluetooth speakers killing hifi ?

Us us us us us us us us us ...and them, them, them, them, them, them, them, them and, after all, we're only ordinary men....
  13. musichal

How to Close Up This Speaker?

I'm unclear... are you asking for suggestions of how to reattach the grille cover, or???
  14. musichal

DYI LPDA for FM

You're threading elements directly into boom? Aren't some of them supposed to be insulated from boom? Heck, IDK.
  15. musichal

Apogee Centaur

A store in which I sold audio ordered a pair each of the Centaur Major and Minor in a deal by our distributor who wanted to put the line in our store. So I spent listening time with each, but that quickly became Major only. Long ribbon tweeter not at all etched - actually tended toward...
  16. musichal

Name the brands in your audio system.

Mark Levinson Bryston SVS Rotel Sony ROKU laptop - Lenovo Schiit Audio Technica
  17. musichal

t shaped indoor fm antennas

Three tunings for one dipole? Cool, and it seems to work? What tunings (or lengths) did you choose?
  18. musichal

First Preamp Setup to Integrated.. Possible?

Plug the output of the preamp to the main-in of the int-amo. Balanced inputs are quieter, I believe ,than unbalanced (RCA).
  19. musichal

Asking the right questions

I mean only you can answer the question. Or a bat.
  20. musichal

Tuner Search, Too... Rotel RHT-10

I've been using this tuner - Rotel RHT-10 - for a couple weeks now and it is addictive. It gets high marks from TIC with the caveat that it be upgraded and aligned by someone who knows what he is doing - Mike qualifies for sure. Glad he did it. Sound quality is very good and reception via...
  21. musichal

Nakamchi RE-3

I sold those when new. Three models, the RE-1 was the top, the 3 was the lowest power at 37wpc. Good little receiver. The amp had some balls, as I recall. For a receiver, that is. Pretty good sound quality. Don't recall much about the tuner. So tell us, since you have one and most of us...
  22. musichal

Asking the right questions

Yes, that absolutely will maybe sound better to you. :biggrin:
  23. musichal

Collector? User? Both?

In 1998 my then-wife and I were on an afternoon's drive in the country, when I spotted a line of late-model cars for sale at a country store. Also in the line, but without a "For Sale By Owner" sign was a sharp 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air. I pulled in, curious to take a closer look, talked to the...
  24. musichal

Bottom-Feeder 'Phones - The Cheaphone Thread

"Ramblin' Jack Eliot had a lot to do with it..." In my never ending quest for the most comfortable side-lying bedphone, I initially thought I'd found it in these. No headband makes them perfect for the pillow pictured in Post #1. But they became dislodged too easily. I was able to tighten...
  25. musichal

Most "addictive" source of sound you collect?

About 1100 CDs. Have cassettes I recorded myself from various sources - occasionally play. No records left. Love CD.
Back
Top Bottom