Search results

1. cjwebber

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

November 29, 2008
  2. cjwebber

Triad System Seven Speakers

man - these were killer speakers.
  3. cjwebber

Jbl L220 $800 (Arizona Estate Sale)

Those are L-220s. Great deal for someone for sure! I've had those 076 tweeters. Very vey nice.
  4. cjwebber

DIY Turntable Sandbox

Measurements: Outer Dimensions: 20 x 16.5 x 3.25 Inner Dimensions: 18.25 x 14.25 Platform Dimensions: 17.5 x 14 I used 3/4" MDF for the platform that sits directly on the sand. Function Review: Serves my need perfectly - I have not heard any interferences from low frequency rumbles and I...
  5. cjwebber

Speaker ID

Looks like you nailed it! - here's an ad from a very similar one. These should have some nice sound to em. Gotta listen!
  6. cjwebber

Speaker ID

Markings.
  7. cjwebber

Speaker ID

Front shot.
  8. cjwebber

Speaker ID

Hey guys- Friends of mine were given these speakers- No crossover. In utility cabinets. 12" drivers - super heavy. Markings: Made in United States of America 6-8ohm 2150 WM13-23
  9. cjwebber

DIY Turntable Sandbox

The original ClearAudio had the needle replace incorrectly with an audiotechnica needle and is slightly bent. I may send the cartridge in to get properly rebuilt. The Red was recommended to me, so I bought it! I dont have enough time with different cartridges to give you a review, unfortunately!
  10. cjwebber

DIY Turntable Sandbox

Thanks! Yes - the rest of the components are separately rack mounted, but on the same studs.
  11. cjwebber

DIY Turntable Sandbox

About two months ago I jumped back into vinyl. Table: Marantz TT-15S1 w/Ortofon Red Preamp: Hagerman Bugle 2 Amp: Dynaco ST-35 Speakers: JBL C-38 (130a, 175, 2405) Because of my room setup & having kids, I wanted to get the turntable up away from standard reach. Wall mounting the turntable...
  12. cjwebber

Remote Power Switch - Marantz TT15S1

Ended up picking up an inexpensive Whirlwind Rackmount power strip. After a week of use, I'd say its a pretty good solution!
  13. cjwebber

Remote Power Switch - Marantz TT15S1

Hey guys - I'm working on a new shelf for my Marantz TT15s1 Turntable. the shelf will but the power switch in a terribly inconvenient place. My thought is to leave the motor switch in the "on" position, and control the power from another location. My power conditioner is rackmounted, so I...
  14. cjwebber

Anyone recognize these?

Saw these walking by a new AV shop... they look so rad Anyone know what they are?
  15. cjwebber

Scott 296 & New Member

Nice looking gear there, tysen! welcome!
  16. cjwebber

JBL C-38s - 3 way?

Well! I got everything ordered, shipped, received, and now installed! The addition of the 2405s added a wonderful amount of clarity - I am very happy. I also am using a POLK PSW505 crossed around 90hz. Things are sounding very nice in my living room. Thank you all for the help! Next step -...
  17. cjwebber

JBL C-38s - 3 way?

Got some Jantzen Caps, Dayton Resistors, and Parts Express L-Pads - now I wait and research subwoofers...
  18. cjwebber

JBL C-38s - 3 way?

That's what a figured. Gonna go with some Jantzens.
  19. cjwebber

JBL C-38s - 3 way?

Okay, now that I've got some 2405s on the way, I'll need to order some parts. Does anyone have brand manufactures for the Capacitors, L-Pad, and resistors?
  20. cjwebber

JBL C-38s - 3 way?

A nice looking stand would not be too difficult for me to manufacture. My first desire would be to get the tweeter in the cabinet. The hunt is on...
  21. cjwebber

JBL C-38s - 3 way?

Wow- those looks radical!
  22. cjwebber

JBL C-38s - 3 way?

I think you sent me a photo- but you should add it here for the threads sake. How did you integrate the tweeter? Crossover? Capicitors? Magic?
  23. cjwebber

JBL C-38s - 3 way?

Updated first post with photos of my speakers instead of *stock* photos.
  24. cjwebber

JBL C-38s - 3 way?

I've got a pair of C-37s loaded with the 001 system as well. Unfortunately, I do not have the do not have the horizontal space that the C-37s require. When I use them, I use them standing up in C-35 position - which leaves a whole ugly side without veneer exposed. I've been looking for C-35s or...
Back
Top Bottom