Search results

1. M

Very Frustrating Problem With TEAC 3300SX

Thank you guys.
  2. M

Very Frustrating Problem With TEAC 3300SX

Guys, I hope someone here can steer me in the right direction. I have a TEAC 3300SX that I has serviced around a year ago, the tech went thru it all, adjusted everything to spec, and biased for Capture tape. I bought this machine expressly to play my collection of Capitol Records 1957-58 two...
  3. M

Hmmmm, that smells different

Hey, I hear you brother. But you are a braver man than I :)
  4. M

Anyhow, I never used Chinese sockets since. No matter how boutique they were supposed to be. And I really put an amp through its paces, checking voltages and eyeballing it for a good week --- before giving it back to any customer. Now, if the unit is mine... I may not be as diligent (really...
  5. M

Problem With Restored Eico ST40

So......if I just use an external phono preamp, could the out of spec resistors (or whatever is causing the low volume in Ch 2) cause something else to break, or even a Redplate?
  6. M

I am happy for you that you seem to have resolved the issue. Heres an interesting question: If an amp is going to Redplate, will it do it upon power on, or can it just happen anytime?
  7. M

Gadget: Thank you, I fully understand. There are only 2 places near me to bring it to, and I just know they are going to say they dont see the problem. I'm also worried about the damn thing redplating because I'm ALWAYS afraid of that. But we will see. Thanks! Danno: Thank you.
  8. M

The risk of Red plating drove me CRAZY on my EICO ST 40. I would be looking, looking, smelling instead of listening and enjoying my music. Thats no way to live.
  9. M

I appreciate it, but no, I am not prepared to take resistance measurements, I really dont have the time.
  10. M

Yea, this whole thing makes me sigh. Ive probably spent $800 on this amp so far, and Ive had all kinds of issues. I'm using my Rega amp now. Thing is, I'm not going to send it back to the first tech, its over a year now and I dont want to pay $200 shipping both ways. I suppose I could bring it...
  11. M

Thanks, I did make sure the phone section was (2) 12AX7s.
  12. M

Yes, but the first tech didnt do a great job, and I think he has a wire connected incorrectly.
  13. M

Yes, I did try different tubes, and the first tech did clean all the switches. There is no noise when switching so I dont think thats the culprit.
  14. M

Triode: I dont know the answer to that. My hunch would be no.
  15. M

Yes, whatever I plug into the left channel is lower than the other. And I used all new JJ tubes when i was testing so it isnt those.
  16. M

So...I have spent a pretty penny having an Eico ST-40 restored. I actually had it restored TWICE, with audiophile components. Solid state rectifier, also. I still have an issue that I'd like to run by you guys: The Main amp section is fine, and sounds GREAT. If I run a high level source into...
  17. M

Please Help With a Viking Tape Player Issue

Rojo...thanks for that excellent suggestion!
  18. M

Thank you guys for all your help. I will now have to find a power cord that matches the pins.
  19. M

Typesix, just to be clear to me, those two pins sticking out of the right side of the rectangular box on the left (NOT the RCA jacks) ....those pins connect to the power cable that plugs into the wall? Thank you.
  20. M

typesix: Thank you very much for your post. Just want to ask, you are absolutely sure that those two pins coming out of the rectangular box, is where I connect a power cable to plud into 110 volt outlet? Thanks again, much appreciated.
  21. M

Hi Guys, I REALLY hope someone can help me: I bought a nice Viking Model 87 Tape Transport. I have a need to play some 1950s half track tapes and this one has that ability. I will plug the output of the playback heads into the "Tape Head" input on my EICO amp. The problem: I dont know for sure...
  22. M

Please Reco an Analog to Digital Converter

Thanks so much for the good info.
  23. M

Thanks Bob. Yes, I'm familiar with the DA-3000. Its a Great unit, just a little too expensive for my needs. Theres a korg unit that looks pretty good to me. I'm trying to record in DSD.
  24. M

Hi guys. I just got my TEAC 3440 Reel to Reel back from being overhauled. It sounds wonderful now. What I am looking for now is a really good sounding Analog to Digital converter in order to digitize many of my old reel to reel tapes. If I buy today i can probably get a Black Friday Sale...
Back
Top Bottom