Search results

1. Sovereign

Reference 2.5's Replacing Acoustic Foam.... Ugh!

It's been awhile but I thought I would share this. I finally had enough of my disintegrating acoustic foam and the mess so I started the process today. First I pulled off what I could and both speakers retained about 95% of the adhesive used to attach the foam. I wanted to be careful with the...
  2. Sovereign

C70 Preamp Alps Pot

I've had my C70 about a year now and the volume pot had gotten a little worse every time I had a listening session. I decided that today was the day I opened her up and attempt to lube/clean the pot. I was really disappointed that the Alps pot was sealed except for two very small openings on the...
  3. Sovereign

Music Hall 25.2 Repair.... Help

I had my local shop replace the transport on my MH 25.2 and now they are telling me that the Preamp IC is blown. According to them it's part number is TDA1300T. Only place I can find that part is Epray right now does anyone know of an alternative and source to that part that would equal or...
  4. Sovereign

Spacer/Shim Source?

I'm looking for some M2.5 Nylon washers/shims for headshell screws. The exact dimension I need is 4.5 OD and 0.5mm in thickness. I appreciate any help I can get on this.
  5. Sovereign

Just Saying Hello

Been gone a bit because of... Work, life in general. Spent some time unboxing some of my stashed equipment with a good portion bought/traded here. Kinda missed so of you all. Have a great Christmas everyone and I'll pop in more this year. :)
  6. Sovereign

Music Hall CD25.2 Moving Casualty

Despite moving everything by hand my MH CD25.2 won't read a CD now. Everything works except when I load a CD it shows "No CD". Anyone else had this issue? Looked at the manual and there isn't a trouble shooting guide. I think the laser got bumped but right now I don't have the time due to all...
  7. Sovereign

I'm Doomed

How shall I begin this cautionary tale.... Ok, once was this guy who liked stereo gear. He bought from AK, the bay, garage sales, and thrifts. Some of these purchases were known by his wife while a few... Well more than a few were not. This guy and his bride are now moving to a new house and so...
  8. Sovereign

Why Vinyl Sounds Better Than CD, Or Not - NPR Broadcast

Heard this today on NPR. Now before I get accused of trolling I hope a mod locks this pronto if things get sideways. NPR - "Why Vinyl Sounds Better Than CD, Or Not" PODCAST DOWNLOAD LINK
  9. Sovereign

Laughter

Great to do business with!:thmbsp:
  10. Sovereign

Bottlehead Quickie Opinion?

Anyone heard/built one of these? In my small computer room I'm running a Magnavox 175 and a CD player so I'm looking for something inexpensive but nice to pair with what I'm using. I read through posts on Bottlehead's site and I get the impression that in spite of the reviews this isn't an...
  11. Sovereign

Daunting Fear of Failure (2 Part Thread)

beginning to think I'm mental and it's alright if you all tell me I am. Lately I keep having an issue that almost prevents me from fully enjoying my listening experience. I LOVE my speakers all of them. Of my collection, I particularly enjoy listening to my Infinity RS 2.5's and I can blissfully...
  12. Sovereign

Record Frame Door For Expedit....

Any of you all see this on Kickstarter? Kinda cool but Kinda pricey as well. I have no affiliation with this btw...
  13. Sovereign

Ass Kicking 12 Hour Shifts.

OK, I'll admit it... This is kicking may ass. Three days in a row of 12 hour shifts is hard for me. Today's my first day off and I'm drained. Granted, I have to do this (3 days in row) once every other week. This is my first time working 12's and at 50 I'm wondering if I'll ever get use to this...
  14. Sovereign

Faceplate and Equipment Cleaning Made Easy!

I’ve seen numerous posts about cleaning equipment of the years and I’ve tried many different things to clean my gear. Some worked better than others but never as good as the product I now and will always use. The way I discovered this little miracle was one day I was looking at my gear and I...
  15. Sovereign

The Vibraslap Thread

More Cowbell? I say MORE VIBRASLAP! Everyone knows it's a favorite instrument of Cake. Finding songs by Cake with Vibraslap is easy (Go ahead and link them anyway). To celebrate this musical marvel, I thought it might be fun to link the songs on YouTube or if no video is online just post it...
  16. Sovereign

Skin Cancer... Don't wait

Went to the doctor yesterday for a couple of different issues. I showed him a spot on my neck that had been bugging me. It was Melanoma and he had to surgically remove it. Funny thing is that at least two doctors had seen it before and my last doctor had simply tried to freeze it off which kind...
  17. Sovereign

diamondsouled... You bet! :)

Good guy to do business with for sure. :thmbsp:
  18. Sovereign

J.J. Grey & Mofro

Don't see much being said about them. If you love Blues/Soul rock... I promise you won't be disappointed. Lil love for the Sweetest Thing video.:thmbsp: Ok... One more On Fire
  19. Sovereign

DanO55 Is A Star!

Hands down a great guy to do any type of business with and an all around "good guy". Can't recommend enough. :thmbsp:
  20. Sovereign

Anyone Heard this Guy?

Freddie Mercury lives! Heard this Guy? If this is real his voice is pretty spot on.
  21. Sovereign

jerrymrc is outstanding!

Jerry and I did a little swap and I know we both came away pretty damn happy (Thank you AK/Barter Town). Whole trade process went without a hitch and Jerry's packing skills are epic :thmbsp:.
  22. Sovereign

Dark Side of Oz Video

Nothing like the syncing of the Wizard of Oz with the Dark Side of the Moon. http://vimeo.com/pughtube/darksideofoz:thmbsp:
  23. Sovereign

Walgreens Glossy Photos Sticking

Anyone else had an issue with glossy photos sticking to the glass in photo frames? I have a couple of pictures that have done this and never had an issue before. Totally ruined both pictures when I tried to remove it from the glass.
  24. Sovereign

Watkins Stereo WSC 1A on CL

Watkins speakers that I've never heard but Watkins is right here in NE TN and the ad states that they refurbished them (probably put new foam on). http://tricities.craigslist.org/ele/2588466565.html No affiliation.
  25. Sovereign

Passive pre amps experiences

Over the years, I've had many different SS preamps and so far and out of them all I never noticed that much of a sonic difference. Lately, I've really begun to wonder what would happen if I were to toss in a passive pre just to hear what my current main system would sound like. At the very least...
Back
Top Bottom