Search results

1. VYNULADIKT

Blade-Oil_Newly acquired weapon / tool in my war on entropy and aging vintage units.

For the hair, of course :beatnik:
  2. VYNULADIKT

It pays to recycle

Industrial quality!
  3. VYNULADIKT

It pays to recycle

That appears to be some very high quality kit. Great score.
  4. VYNULADIKT

Harman Kardon Citation Twelve rebuild questions

Lightning strike? Both appear to have arced from the rectifier supply side. Could have some "walking wounded" components.
  5. VYNULADIKT

Playing 4ohm AND 8ohm speakers

The interaction between two differing impedances and crossovers will be very unlikely to sound anywhere near optimal. This is even if the 717 could properly drive them, which it really can't. Use another amp to drive the second set. Just use the pre outs to send the signal to it. Or a complete...
  6. VYNULADIKT

I only buy one brand of speakers

Thumbs up for Infinity with EMIT and Watkins Sgt Shultz. I have a pair of RS 1.5 Also ESS with the Great Heil e.g. AMT 3 Rock Monitors
  7. VYNULADIKT

Charred Filter Cap Terminal On KR-9600. What does that indicate?

strap some 0.1 uF film caps across each of the filter caps to improve noise floor.
  8. VYNULADIKT

Charred Filter Cap Terminal On KR-9600. What does that indicate?

It failed and vented from the looks of it. Time for a refresh of the power supply.
  9. VYNULADIKT

Hello from Decorah IA

Welcome! The wife and I love to visit Decorah. Toppling Goliath and Pulpit Rock are regular stopping spots. Trout Run trail is a joy as well. I'm in Tripoli just north of Waterloo.
  10. VYNULADIKT

PX-2 kills photocoupler LED when in lead out groove

Just a thought. The LEDs are being powered by a direct connection to a voltage source. R28 is downstream and the last thing in the circuit. ANY possible short or ground connection on the path between the cathode of the last LED and R28 will fry an LED. This arrangement would be better if R28...
  11. VYNULADIKT

ESS Tempest info

I have several pairs of various ESS speakers and I have never seen that tweeter. All I have encountered have been the AMT style.
  12. VYNULADIKT

Girls on LP cover - REDUX

I can't see Julie London without thinking of the age old series "Emergency". She was the ER nurse.
  13. VYNULADIKT

What is this..?!?

dipole antenna?
  14. VYNULADIKT

A-90 only works if "line straight" on

I would check and fully test the mode switch. If not that then the power source for buffer op amps in the tone circuit.
  15. VYNULADIKT

Unpopular opinion

The name Steely Dan Referring to William Burroughs... His seminal work, Naked Lunch, which he published in 1959, is a connected series of loosely-related vignettes. It was later turned into a movie. In it, the reader follows the narration of drug addict William Lee, who travels from the U.S...
  16. VYNULADIKT

Do you have the power you need?

In case anyone wants to hear and see the music of "The Rite of Spring" It is quite dynamic as are many classical recordings. Igor Stravinsky - The Rite of Spring (1913) - YouTube
  17. VYNULADIKT

Put Cap in backwards for split second - Use or replace? (2235)

I would replace the cap, R762 and possibly R730. Definitely do a resistance check. A reversed electrolytic will draw a lot of current before it blows or vents. Kills low ohm resistors in the path.
  18. VYNULADIKT

Acutex 312 cartridge

I have a couple of these with styli from 312 through 320. Outstanding separation, range and sound quality. I thought the 312 was the greatest and then found out each step up was even just a little better.
  19. VYNULADIKT

Getting ready to tear into a 8080 and a 9090

Also note that you can't trust the polarity markings on the boards for the caps. ALWAYS check before removing, burned a resistor due to a reversed cap on the last 9090DB I did, let it get by me. Luckily it was just a cap and resistor that took the hit.
  20. VYNULADIKT

Getting ready to tear into a 8080 and a 9090

Hi Rick, First thing to do with either of those units is to check/replace all fuse resistors and the VD1212 diodes on the driver board. A very high percentage of protection issues lie there. While your in there, changing those old electrolytic caps can make a huge improvement in performance...
  21. VYNULADIKT

Allied Church Speakers

Agree 100% EV, and should sound very nice when working.
  22. VYNULADIKT

Know anything about treadmill motors?

That commutator looks very good. My bet would be the control voltage is not what it should be. Check out the speed control system.
  23. VYNULADIKT

How are studio monitors different from other speakers?

Regarding "flat" vs "audiophile quality", do you think it's possible that a speaker may exhibit a near perfect freq. response for mixing yet not have the ability to convey the finest details such as breath and lip sounds of a vocalist or make the barely audible brush on a drum not sound like static?
  24. VYNULADIKT

What in your opinion are some of the best sounding albums

Yes, all the Supertramp I have is excellent. "Brother Where You Bound" is one I would consider over the top with clarity and spatial cues.
  25. VYNULADIKT

Name the Advents!

I did a pair of NLA Bullnose several years ago. The walnut veneer is very nice!
Back
Top Bottom