Search results

1. VYNULADIKT

ESS Heil Transar on the bay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-ESS-Transar-ATD-II-HEIL-Speakers-and-Crossover-System-with-Cables/283089716390?hash=item41e97644a6:g:1~kAAOSwiq9baGR8 Just in case any of you ESS or Heil fans want a chance at a very rare pair.
  2. VYNULADIKT

WTF were they thinking?

I'll just leave this here for comment. As a PL lover I am speechless.
  3. VYNULADIKT

Can anyone identify these speakers?

Are they worth investigating? Also has a Hitachi HTA4000, don't know about it either.
  4. VYNULADIKT

The old girl gets a new skin.

Thought it was time this old 8080 that has served rough duty got to show some outer beauty to go with her inner grace. Peeled and "Clearasil" added, waiting for sanding. A little flat black. Had to repaint the grill too. What do you think of rosewood?
  5. VYNULADIKT

Soundcraftsman S800 help needed

I have an Soundcraftsman shoebox amp that sounds ok but the rail voltages are low. Does anyone have a schematic for this unit? Transformer has 67 vac but rails are only + and - 20.
  6. VYNULADIKT

Do you have a table you would play this on?

Just sayin' , definitely wouldn't pay that much for ANY vinyl in that shape. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steely-Dan-AJA-1977-AA-1006-Vinyl-/142352629545?hash=item2124e0bf29:g:r8YAAOSwJ4hY9SpK
  7. VYNULADIKT

Sony selling some real CRAP at Best Buy

Was visiting a friend the other day and he asked if I could help him with his TT. I was expecting to see a nice vintage table that needed some tlc but he led me to a new Sony PSLX300USB, or similar didn't get actual model at the time, piece of BPC. Tells me it hasn't worked right from day...
  8. VYNULADIKT

Great deal from Taylor Player

Got the Emo XDA-1 Dac from Daren. Well packed, great unit, sounds SWEET:music: Great to deal with. Thanks Daren
  9. VYNULADIKT

Interesting article on op-amp noise

Thought someone might find this interesting as well. Noise specs don't always give the whole story unless you know what to be looking for in regards to the application. :scratch2...
  10. VYNULADIKT

9090 protection function...is this right?

Just resurrected a 9090 that was enroute to the dumpster at the local TV repair shop. Decided to fix it up for my youngest son. Changed out fuse res. and did a total recap with Silmic II and a few film caps in signal path. It now sings better than any of my other units. I'm actually jealous...
  11. VYNULADIKT

Knopfler and Atkins What's the story?

Just picked up a cd "Neck and Neck" with Mark and Chet together. Great sounding disc. Have always enjoyed Mark's stuff from Straits to Notting Hillbilies. Does anyone know the back story to how these two came together on this venture?
  12. VYNULADIKT

Upright piano in listening room...

Has anyone here ever dealt with this issue? Not really much of a problem at low listening levels but it definitely has sympathetic resonance at higher levels. If I pause my system during loud passages the piano takes a couple of seconds to diminish below audible level. Kind of a mix of...
  13. VYNULADIKT

Simple rule, but so easily forgotten!!!

A new thrift store find, or donation from a friend. You can't wait to get it cleaned inside and out look it all over and plug it in to see how it sounds. Don't forget a close power cord inspection! I have been doing this for some time now and have always watched out for frayed or cracking...
  14. VYNULADIKT

Sansui linear tracker P-M55... KEEPER?

Anyone familiar with this unit. All comments welcome, what is the history, pros-cons
  15. VYNULADIKT

Blown tweeter and fried shunt coil...

Over the years I've driven systems very hard and up until recently never blown a speaker. This summer I have on two different occasions with two different systems blown a tweeter, both on the left channel, and on this last occasion also fried the shunt inductor on a third order bypass for the...
  16. VYNULADIKT

KA-4006 schematic not right with board

I have a KA-4006 on the bench with the right channel out, full neg rail voltage at output, in sorting through the schem the trans no's don't match the board markings, and the board circuit differs from the schem as well. The pre driver trans, 2sc945 has a diode soldered to the trimmed off...
  17. VYNULADIKT

Magnavox 153B sitting in thrift store, is it worth picking up?

A unit like the one in the pictures is sitting in a local thrift shop. The phono is missing and the cabinet is a little rough in a few spots but overall looks pretty good. It is listed for 35. Two 6L6G RCA tubes, one 5U4G, several other metal tubes, didn't get numbers, but it looks like all...
Back
Top Bottom