Search results

1. J

Vincent SV-237 Your Thoughts Plus A Couple Of Questions

I've had the SA-31 and the SA-31 MK. The SA-31 is an incredible value and definitely has the Vincent house sound. The SA-31 MK is a bit more refined and offers more details, but the main reason I upgraded was because it has a remote. I've decided that I've just got to have a remote at this stage...
  2. J

Vincent SA-31 Pre-Amp and phono

I'd also stay away from Gold Sound, Kermit, just based on the fact that they didn't even know what they were selling you. The fact that the majority of Vincent gear is either tube hybrid or pure tube has been common knowledge from the get-go.
  3. J

Spendor SP1's went for $560....

once is almost never enough He can't give you any details because he listened to them once. There is no way anyone can listen to a piece of gear ONCE and then be able to form anything more than an absolutely superficial opinion, unless the gear is complete crap. The SP1 is at its best...
  4. J

Advice Re: Dual 1245 & overhang

Hello all. I'm setting up a vintage system using a Dual 1245 that I've had around for awhile. It's been cleaned, had a couple of small parts replaced and has been lubed by a pro. I tried mounting both a Shure V15 Type V and Type III, and couldn't get the proper overhang for either using the...
Back
Top Bottom