Search results

1. Squidward

Parts values in this 6AS7 headphone amp schematic

I've been looking at this schematic for a bit, and think I might try building a version of it. I had some questions about parts values, and any suggestions are welcome. It's from this tubecad article. First off, I was wondering about the wattage required for R6 and R7. Here's my thinking...
  2. Squidward

Looking for a SE 6AQ5 Schematic

I'm interested in building an amp I have from parts on hand, but I can't find a schematic that I like anywhere. Here's what I'm looking for, any suggestions welcome! Single Ended 6AQ5 Pentode mode operation Schade (plate-to-plate) feedback, if any B+ around 250VDC Bonus points for 6DJ8 / 6AQ8...
  3. Squidward

Unconventional use of heater transformers for HV power supply.

This is going to be a strange one. I have a pair of transformers that are 24VA, Dual 120VAC primaries, dual 6.3VAC secondaries. When I parallel the secondaries, I get: ( 6.3VAC @ 1.9A ) * 2 = 6.3VAC @ 3.8A Now, if I power the heaters of a pair of 6BM8 tubes, I have: 6.3VAC @ 3.8A - ( .78A...
  4. Squidward

Unwinding a toroidal transformer to decrease secondary voltage

A lot of Antek tube power transformers have dual 6.3VAC windings. If I wanted to use a 5VAC rectifier, could I just unwind one of the 6.3VAC secondaries until it registered the voltages I wanted? I suppose there would also be the question of the secondary having the rectified HV on it as well...
  5. Squidward

Digikey Free Shipping Options

@FlaCharlie has posted this a few times before, but it gets lost so I wanted to make a dedicated thread for it. Digikey has a free shipping option where you send them a check or money order for the parts you want, and they will send them with free shipping. I think someone also posted a link...
  6. Squidward

JVC L-A31 vs. Pioneer PL-5

If you had to keep one and part with the other, which would you choose and why? TIA!
  7. Squidward

Would an 807/1625 survive in Kegger's KT-88 SEUL circuit?

Here's the thread on the circuit: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/kt88-ect-single-ended-amp-seul.382162/ Basically what the title asks. I have some 807 and 1625 tubes I've always wanted to build with. I would like to put them in this circuit, or his parallel SEUL circuit...
  8. Squidward

kcline

Thank you Kirk for the tubes! You really packed them well. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase more tubes in the future, thank you very much!
  9. Squidward

Kegger Schematics Mega Thread

I'm going to start this thread with a specific aim: To preserve the knowledge that Kegger freely gave our community. This thread is for posting schematics that Kegger created. He designed some very popular amps (KT-88 SEUL, for one), but he also has some lesser known designs that shouldn't...
  10. Squidward

jjohnson is a great seller to watch for (see what I did there?)

jjohnson hooked me up with a great deal on a nice watch he had for sale in BT's non-audio section. My wife opened the package for me while I was at work, and she said "this is from one of your audio friends, isn't it? It's packed beyond belief!" Anyway, great deal on a great watch. I needed...
  11. Squidward

Looking for point-to-point Solid State amplifier pics

I'm looking for ideas on how to implement solid state circuits in point-to-point builds. I'd like to see pics of what other people have made and/or seen. A while ago I was reading on diyaudio about some Nelson Pass amplifiers, and how people around the world had built them. I was most...
  12. Squidward

Digi-Key UI question

I would like to be able to share a BOM with others for Digi-Key. I have a BOM saved, and a quote from the BOM saved. They are both public, yet I can not seem to find a way to share them with others. The Digi-Key numbers are: BOM: 556999 Quote: 7375603 Any help with this is appreciated!
  13. Squidward

Introducing the KG-V6

I've been playing around with flea powered pentode amps for a while now, and they've been fairly addictive for me: Fun to build, they don't break the bank, and they usually sound pretty good. That being said, I wanted to try something new, and after talking with Kegger he came up with a...
  14. Squidward

Anyone heard of Prophile speakers?

I found these locally. I've never heard of them, but they looked like they were built with care. Any info would be appreciated.
  15. Squidward

EWGing the Klipsch 5.5

I have a pair of cosmetically challenged Klipsch 5.5 that I'd like to play around with. I was wondering about the viability of doing an EWG type mod to it. This is the stock 5.5 crossover: Any suggestions appreciated!
  16. Squidward

marcus111

Marcus totally hooked me up with some crazy rare gear for an insane price. Thanks Marcus, I totally appreciate it!
  17. Squidward

1MOR anytime!

George sold me some parts for building a F5, and I am extremely happy with how things turned out. I got a good deal on great parts, and he ships fast and communicates even better. I'd gladly do business with George again!
  18. Squidward

Favorite un-modded Klipsch speaker?

Mine is probably the KG-2. Someone told me I'd also like the KG-4 a lot, but I've not spent much if any time with them. Just sayin'.
  19. Squidward

I have a heatsink question for the F5 builders

I have the chassis of a Hafler DH-200 that I thought might be good for a F5 build. Then I convinced myself that it was probably too little of a heatsink. Then I saw a F5 at the 'Fest this weekend, and it's heatsinks were maybe about the same size as the Hafler's. Does anyone have an idea if...
  20. Squidward

Ed's SEUL KT88 supply mod thread..

This amp is not only built from Keg's SEUL KT88 schematic, he sorted out some things in the power supply and I learned a lot in the process. Anyway, here is my implementation. It weighs in north of 30#, which isn't terrible, and it has no electrolytic caps in it anywhere. We ran it for long...
  21. Squidward

Kegger's SEUL schematic has Soul!

First off, I'd like to publicly thank Kegger for the help that he has given me personally, as well as his amazing knowledge and experience that he constantly gives to the community. I am fortunate enough to live in an area with many diverse DIY personalities, and I am spoiled in that I get to...
  22. Squidward

Swap room question

I will be manning a listening room this year, and I won't have much time to spend at the swap room. If I wanted to have just a few things for sale, could I have them clearly marked and maybe have someone who plans on being there a lot help me out? I'm happy to pay a fee for the swap room...
  23. Squidward

48 hours

48 hours from now I'll be at the 'Fest. Just sayin'.
  24. Squidward

rectifier epiphany

So, I collect tubes. Big shock. The real stupid thing is that I've collected entire classes of tubes that I'm not using just because I know they could be useful in "certain situations". I have a relative stockpile of EZ80 and EZ90 tubes that I never use because I build with "better" 6.3V...
  25. Squidward

AU-717, am I crazy or what?

I am a tube/DIY guy who still misses an AU-717 I had when I was first getting in to the audio hobby. Long story short, I might have the chance to buy one. I don't want to spend a lot, as I'd want to rebuild it myself, but I have a few questions about what I should look for. I know the...
Back
Top Bottom