Search results

1. ex brickie

Pioneer F-91 faults - advice please

Thank you @painttoad
  2. ex brickie

Thanks. Any idea where I lay my hands on a schematic?
  3. ex brickie

It has no remote..
  4. ex brickie

I’ve just bought a mint (cosmetically) F-91 tuner. However, the buttons that change the band (AM/FM) and move the tuning dial up and down don’t work. Also the presets don’t work, nor does the button that shifts between manual and auto tuning options. It all lights up fine and the MPX button...
  5. ex brickie

Best cleaning solutions for silver facias and knobs

I'm sure this has ben covered before but what is best solution/cleaner for getting off general dirt, grease, smoke stains etc? I have old units where there are grime and scratches. I'm sure the scratches are impossible to resolve (short of sourcing and buying parts which can be expensive) - but...
  6. ex brickie

QX 949 questions

I've been reading with interest the QX 949 restore thread..... Two basic questions: 1 how do you tell whether a 949 is the first version or the updated 'A' version? Anything on the outside to tell? Is there a particular serial number to look for? 2 where sound-quality wise does the 949...
  7. ex brickie

Tuner alignment, how hard is it to a non-professional diy'er, really?

Excuse my ignorance here as I'm not sure my questions is strictly technically about re-alignment - but here goes..... Some vintage tuners have tuner needles which don't go to the end of the required frequency range (eg won't go all the way left or right). If (and I know this is a big 'if') the...
  8. ex brickie

Will I like a Sansui tu9900?

It's a beaut.... I owned one for several years . Better sound than the top Naims in my opinion. Picks up stations really easily too. The tuning dial has a flywheel that's a joy to use. Also looks fab in the dark when lit up! Oddly though I now prefer my much cheaper Meridian 504 for FM (it...
  9. ex brickie

Is the Pioneer PL-3000 any good?

Is there a link in the Pioneer threads here that gives a view on the hierarchy of Pioneer turntables in the late 70s and early 80s? I know the model numbers but if for example there was a PL3000 (70s) for sale around the same price as say a PL300/400 (early 80s) which is the best sound ? Also...
  10. ex brickie

SX-1050 Full Rebuild Parts List - Completed Project

Or are the eBay all in one kits the way to go (if so are the parts of better sound quality than the originals)?
  11. ex brickie

SX-1050 Full Rebuild Parts List - Completed Project

My 1050 (with reduced sound output - see separate thread) is going to an electronics doctor next week for fixing. He will check for obvious other capacitors and parts that could do with replacing While it is opened up I’d like to replace parts that can make the biggest improvement to sound...
  12. ex brickie

SX 1050 - another dodgy channel problem!

@Watthour are there any 1050 parts that are impossible to get? I realise your response will be from a USA perspective (I’m in the UK) but good to know whether there is anything unobtanium cheers
  13. ex brickie

SX 1050 - another dodgy channel problem!

I bought one of these a few months back - lovely cosmetic condition, all original boxes, and sounded great (I had some radio reception issues but largely resolved those). Recently, one (left) channel started going quiet and distorted. But with no consistency. Sometimes worked, sometimes cut...
  14. ex brickie

Pioneer schematic manuals

Actually I haven’t checked whether the voltage selector has the option of 110v. I can check tomorrow if that makes a difference (it is late evening here in the UK)
  15. ex brickie

I have a UK model 220/240V SX 1050. I’m based in the UK. Thanks
  16. ex brickie

So sorry Rachel. I had hoped to make an order but will hold back. Kindest wishes and condolences to you and your family. Please take some solace that your father was clearly a legendary and well loved contributor here.
  17. ex brickie

Rick Stout of StereoManuals.com has died

Very sorry to hear the news. Condolences to all the family.
  18. ex brickie

75 OHM Antenna

I’m still unclear whether there are any sound quality advantages using the 75 ohm connector or the 300 ohm. I have a large circular FM aerial with the cable stripped back into the 75 ohm connector. Ie the stiff internal cable into the screw fitting and ‘peeled back’ mesh outer cable connecting...
  19. ex brickie

What tuners do you have ?

I love tuners more than any other component too. I currently own and use in different rooms : Sansui TU 919 Meridian 504 Pioneer SX-1050 receiver I’ve previously owned : Pioneer TX 9500 Naim NAT 01 (good but over rated IMO) Kenwood KT 5020 Rotel RT 850AL - superb tuner for peanuts but when...
  20. ex brickie

Magnum Dynalab Antenna- Attic or Roof?

This thread seems to waver between the ST2 being a decent improvement to reception through to ‘don’t bother - a cheapie will do’. My aerial has to be indoors and on the ground floor - getting it up high would be very difficult and involve very long lengths of cable probably leading to signal...
  21. ex brickie

FM tuner pull in on SX 1050 vs SX 550

I bought a large circular FM aerial and have moved it all round the place indoors (ugly thing) to see whether it is the reception causing the problem. The good news is that reception seems to be the main culprit and I’ve managed to place the aerial indoors in a space where it can’t be seen -...
  22. ex brickie

Pioneer SX-1050 v. SX-D7000, who owns both? >

Slightly off topic but how does an SX d5000 compare to a D7000 (apart from the power)? Much difference in sound quality ? Are components much different inside?
  23. ex brickie

Anyone know about Pioneer SX-D5000 receiver?

I have seen an SX D5000 that I could make an offer on but it is described as 'won't power up'. I'm sure that covers a multitude of sins from a fuse needing changing to something serious. I don't want to mention the fuse option to the seller in case the price goes up! Anyone got any advice on...
  24. ex brickie

Importance of solder lead content

60/40 and 63/37 solder can be found in the UK. Point taken re imperial measures @gadget73
  25. ex brickie

Importance of solder lead content

The precision to decimal points amused me .......
Back
Top Bottom