Search results

1. WattUsay

Interesting article about cassette tape compilations

I spent many hours putting together tapes to gift to others. https://medium.com/cuepoint/consider-the-mix-tape-9f37839c1246
  2. WattUsay

Cleaning an open tube amp....best way?

Okay, I have been toooooo careful, but I clean the cooled down tubes and avoid touching them with my bare fingers. That may not be a necessity, but for me that will be an old habit that will be hard to break. On the other hand, with the tubes removed, cleaning the chassis is certainly easier.
  3. WattUsay

Cleaning an open tube amp....best way?

I would remove the tubes and clean them seperately. I never touch the tube with bare fingers as it will leave skin oil that when heated probally will damage the tube. Enjoy http://www.gdradio.net/
  4. WattUsay

It was 21 years ago today

1970 -1974 gator navy (USS Ponce LPD15)
  5. WattUsay

Over 40 years of pleasure for $5. Your story?

American Beauty does the same for me.
  6. WattUsay

Favourite TV Show Theme songs

Peter Gunn
  7. WattUsay

You Get The Last Word!

Noob means newbie in the world of slang.
  8. WattUsay

You Get The Last Word!

"Ladies and Gentlemen," said Bill Graham in to the microphone, "Here's the Grateful Dead!"
  9. WattUsay

You Get The Last Word!

Jest ye not, lest Bill Shakespear shall speak lowly of ye in his writings.
  10. WattUsay

Exercise bike.

I have been using one for years. I hope to actually start using it for riding exercise soon rather than as a clothes rack. Maybe in 2012.
  11. WattUsay

Looking for a tube amp around 1K, 40 watts or so.

I purchased a rebuilt Dynaco 70 for $541 including shipping. I received it Saturday snd can't tear myself away from it. It is very impressive.:music:
  12. WattUsay

Hi neighbor, i hope you have a great holiday season.

Hi neighbor, i hope you have a great holiday season.
  13. WattUsay

Adding a console Magnavox horn tweeter to existing spkr

Thanks! I will stick with the existing tweeters.
  14. WattUsay

Adding a console Magnavox horn tweeter to existing spkr

I have a set of curb find wood cabinet Teledyne Acoustic Research Connoisseur 30 speakers with torn woofers and a set of old very ugly Boston A100's. I took the woofers out of the Boston's and installed them in the Connoisseur 30 cabinets. Actually sound good with my Dynakit 70 and NAD 1600...
  15. WattUsay

Saturday Tunes

Sandy Nelson - Drums, Drums, Drums
  16. WattUsay

Optimal record settings for a Akai GX-635d

Have you cleaned the heads? Rubbing alcohol on a Q tip works. If the problem persists after cleaning. you night need realign the recording head so the tape tracks centered. Also, probably wouldn't hurt to demagnetize the heads.
  17. WattUsay

Worst. Movie. Ever.

1 hour 11 minutes reminded me of the following email I read earlier this evening. Here it is: This year, July has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens once every 823 years. This is called money bags. So, forward this to your friends and money will arrive within 4 days. Based...
  18. WattUsay

You Get The Last Word!

Witness to a horrible accident, John was in a state of shock and therefore unable to continue cleaning the steps at the coliseum.
  19. WattUsay

Help the Newbie Crack the Case

Yes....what Pioneervato said!
  20. WattUsay

Help the Newbie Crack the Case

As seen in the 4th photo you posted....you need to pry the black back cover out of the slot cut in the case. There is a "U" cut in the black back cover were a screw driver shaft would fit.
  21. WattUsay

Worst. Movie. Ever.

I walked out during the toilet scene.
  22. WattUsay

vintage speakers that start with an E ?

I would phone the store and ask.
  23. WattUsay

You Get The Last Word!

ISLAND OF THE DAMNED, is one of the most terrifying horror films ever made, and because takes place entirely in broad daylight, it is very unique.
  24. WattUsay

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Also, DOGMA
  25. WattUsay

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Shakes the Clown
Back
Top Bottom