Search results

1. djw99mn

Help on these speakers

Hi all, Picked up a pair of 1970’s era speakers from the thrift store a couple of days ago. Been trying to find any information on the internet to no avail. They are a pair of Acoustics 5 speakers. They are fairly heavy and are a 4 way design. They have speaker grills with the closed cell foam...
  2. djw99mn

Does anyone have a clue who makes this cartridge?

I decided to go the Yamaha way and ordered a N-6600 NOS stylus. This is Yamaha's Signet equivalent. Original cartridge that was supplied on the P-320 turntable when bought new.
  3. djw99mn

Thank you very much for the info. Sounds like the cartridge is worth more than the player in today's market. The turntable is also missing 1 hinge. Any suggestions on a replacement?
  4. djw99mn

I have a Yamaha P-320 turntable that I recently purchased and it has a carthridge on it. The logo is nothing I've never seen and has thrown me for a loop as to what it is and who made it. Any suggestions?
  5. djw99mn

Still alive and well

Still alive and well
  6. djw99mn

Who made the Sears components?

I had one just like this for my first stereo system when I was 16 years old. Bought that unit plus the tape deck and speakers as a bundled package around 1982 for around $500. That was pretty much all the money I had saved up until that time. My mom was supportive of me buying them but my dad...
  7. djw99mn

How big is your biggest amp? (watts)

Yamaha m-85 rated at 260 watts over 8 ohms.
  8. djw99mn

How big is your biggest Receiver? (watts)

MCS 3125 rated at 125WPC. Had it completely reworked and my tech said it now tests out at 149 WPC.
  9. djw99mn

Need Recommendations for Compact System

TEAC 500 SERIES OR THEIR 300 SERIES MINI SEPARATES
  10. djw99mn

Unknown Turntable - can anyone ID?

Sorry to resurrect this thread yet again, but I just picked up a ProFormance turntable like the one talked about at length in this thread and it does indeed say sold by Sears, Roebuck and Co. on the back. It has a date stamp of 102383 on it.
  11. djw99mn

whats your favorite pizza?

All-meat deep dish
  12. djw99mn

Who Out There Never Gave Up On Vinyl & Turntables?

Never gave up and still kept on accumulating. Will be 52 tomorrow.
  13. djw99mn

Have you NOT seen the movie Titanic ?

Never seen it and never want to. Don't like Leonardo DiCaprio.
  14. djw99mn

Songs that if you hear them again you will scream

We Are the Champions by Queen. 40 plus years of pure agony for me!!!
  15. djw99mn

Family Vacation Suggestions

Western South Dakota. You have Custer State Park, Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Sturgis and a whole plethora of sights to see. Also Devils Tower just to the west of there.
  16. djw99mn

What have you found inside a speaker cabinet?

Bought a small pair of infinities with the woofers not working. Took them apart to see what was rattling inside. Both magnets had fallen off the woofers and were loose inside.
  17. djw99mn

Cassette tape decks, what is the fascination?

Alot of oldies budget cassettes were never released on cd or LP. Some songs aren't available anywhere else.
  18. djw99mn

How much Spotify did you listen to this year?

What the heck is Spotify????????
  19. djw99mn

Five Favorite Science Fiction TV Series - Mine and Yours

Firefly Star Trek Enterprise Star Trek TNG Battle Star Galactica Space 1999
  20. djw99mn

Anyone still have a Godfather's Pizza in their town?

Still have one in the Twin Cities. Haven't been there in years though. Recently seen that a Holidays gas station store was selling their pizza by the slice. Very expensively though I may add.
  21. djw99mn

MCS 3125 acquired - rare catalog included?

Thank you so much for posting your manual on hifi engine!!!
  22. djw99mn

Who's In- Who's Out: 2017 Major Brands Stop Making Stereos

Teac makes alot of gear but all makes it here to the US
  23. djw99mn

Hello from St Paul Texas

Welcome from the real St. Paul area (mpls/st.paul) LOL
  24. djw99mn

Hey All From Minneapolis/St Paul Mn

You live on the south side of the cities and I live on the north side (Rogers). Welcome!!!
  25. djw99mn

Your Favorite Solid State Power Amplifier

Yamaha m-70 through M-85
Back
Top Bottom