Search results

1. uofmtiger

What are you using for photo processing

I have Affinity, Pixelmator (Pro on Mac), Luminar and maybe a couple more I was using on the side with Photoshop ( when I was using the Mac more often for photos). I have the iPad app on the first two listed already. I have used them sparingly, but they are there if I want to do more...
  2. uofmtiger

i could have lived without Nitro, but want ahead and ordered it since it seems like he is spending his time going that route. Nitro isn’t out on iOS yet, which is why I got Raw Power… also I have an old Macbook and it doesn't run Nitro . I think they gave me a twenty dollar discount for...
  3. uofmtiger

re: New Posts & Post Thread ... UNCLICKED

No, usually revisit the same old forum areas I usually frequent, then see if favorite threads got bumped and if not, look at the stuff near the top. Works for me… nothing going on, I will check out a less frequently visited forum section.
  4. uofmtiger

I saw this app mentioned on a recent MacBreak Weekly podcast. It looks very interesting for fixing some of those old photos that go cropped down to nothing for the internet back in the day. Amazing and kind of scary where things are heading on the AI front.
  5. uofmtiger

I went ahead and cancelled the photography plan on Adobe. They did offer a $5 a month discount if I kept it, so something to think about for those currently paying. I went ahead and ordered the Raw Photo and Nitro programs. Nitro was $79 and Raw was $39. I messed around with both and either...
  6. uofmtiger

I have Affinity and Pixelmator pro and some other assorted apps on my computer, but have been falling back to Photoshop since it's the most familiar. However, the fee no longer makes sense with so many of the photos I take never being edited on a computer these days. Would rather pay one fee...
  7. uofmtiger

I looked into this and they now also have something called Nitro. I wonder if it is a necessity. It costs quite a bit more ($99 for a lifetime license), but it might be worth it if they update it more often than RAW. I guess I will check out some Youtube reviews. Edit = Will probably buy...
  8. uofmtiger

Portraits/People

With fur babies by Derek, on Flickr
  9. uofmtiger

Where do you obtain/procure your Digital Content? And why?

It is hard to even put them in the same conversation as “procurement”. When you stop paying a monthly fee, you lose that music until you pay again… unless you are using a freemium service. When I think of procurement, I think of stuff I have access to without ever paying another fee. That...
  10. uofmtiger

Caffeine.

This is probably why they supply it at the office.
  11. uofmtiger

Caffeine.

I had a Saeco brand of the “Super Automated” espresso maker, but got rid of it when I got the Breville ( both test units, so they cost me the taxes on the value.. minus expenses) to test if people wonder why I had both. I preferred the ease of use of the Saeco, but the wife ( girlfriend at the...
  12. uofmtiger

Caffeine.

Interesting, I haven’t tried their Rossa blend, but will give it a try when we run out of our current stash. We mainly use Super Crema Lavazza. We don’t use sweeteners but I have some monk fruit around if needed. I was using a combination of Almond milk and heavy cream for a long while in...
  13. uofmtiger

Caffeine.

I have a Breville Espresso machine we both love. I usually have one double Espresso during the weekdays and a cappuccino ( or another frosty option) on weekends if I have time. I had a pretty decent automatic drip prior to the Breville but my wife couldn’t get used to its taste after coming...
  14. uofmtiger

Thank You, I will take a look at it.
  15. uofmtiger

I have been taking most photos with my phone and using the iOS photo app or Snapseed to edit them. I still have the Adobe Cloud photography apps, I occasionally use for my regular camera photos and occasional phone photos, but I am thinking about getting rid of that monthly expense. I could...
  16. uofmtiger

Where do you obtain/procure your Digital Content? And why?

I have done 6 or so of them over the years, but mainly streaming these days, so only voted for that one.
  17. uofmtiger

List things you hate about the iPhone ...

I don’t use Bluetooth for any serious listening. It’s a convenience feature for me. If I want the best audio quality it’s a direct connection or Amazon Music to Wiim. I doubt that would change with a better version of a lossy signal, either. That being said, I want some improvements to...
  18. uofmtiger

PC laptop to DAC?

I agree with the point that it is more convenient. I do use an iPad in my office via direct connection, but I can reach it from my office chair, so it is as convenient as using a phone with a Wiim device. I also use an AppleTV quite a bit for music, but it puts all out in a 48khz signal, so...
  19. uofmtiger

PC laptop to DAC?

You can control Apple Music on an iPhone using the Apple Watch. It doesn't work with iPad, though. For the iPad, you can use Siri or there are some controls in accessibility on the iPhone that give you limited control and of an iPad. If you are close enough to see the screen of the iPad it...
  20. uofmtiger

WiiM WiFi Streamer

This would be great if it had a decent headphone amp similar to the Fiio device that is similar. Nice to see them coming out with new products at a quick pace, though.
  21. uofmtiger

Happy Birthday uofmtiger!

Thank you everyone for the happy birthday wishes! It is much appreciated! It’s a strange year. For some reason, I miscounted my age sometime last year by making myself a year older, so I have told everyone I was this age for a year…so when I actually turned this age, it was like a got a...
  22. uofmtiger

Portraits/People

My minions by Derek, on Flickr
  23. uofmtiger

Ditched Amazon Music

I have a subscription to both. The main issue with Apple Music is Airplay being compressed. You need a direct connection to get hi res. Amazon has Amazon Connect which works with hi res files wirelessly to the Wiim. If Apple filled that gap, I would turn off Amazon Music, but it is cheap...
Back
Top Bottom