Search results

1. D

Kenwood Opinions KR9400

Was wondering if any of you gurus out here have an honest opinion on this unit.. I remember my uncle had one and I was in love with it when I was about 10 years old.. I have found one referb and the people did a nice job,, not a full recon but real good new caps strings and real clean.. It...
  2. D

Panasonic SA-5700 Worth it???

My neighbor just gave me a panasonic sa-5700 reciever for zilch.. It is a weird piece for sure . Q sonic 4 channel system.. It is in ok shape needs good cleaning probably some relay work and caps tested and whatnot.. My question is,, is it worth it for me to put time into this thing,, what...
  3. D

Akai GX266II Manual????

Hello all. I am on a desperate search for an owners manual for an Akai gx266II RtoR I have checked all over but can't find one never mind half of the people have never heard of the model period! i would also like to find some history on it as well numbers produced and when.. Any suggestions...
  4. D

It Worked Several Years Ago/eBay Auction!!

yeah Thats what I'd say 250 to 300
  5. D

What a shame...

Love to hear Pmik say it can be fixed .. That's the sprit I also agree with some time patients and burnt finger tips That thing can be made mint .. Might need another parts machine for the scale and whatnot but the air cap and some other HTF items for that model looked salvageable, Just my...
  6. D

Must be nice...buy it ALL...

I know it seems unfair for people to do it but keep in mind it is what makes this whole vintage thing go around, if it wasen't for buyers like that then the sellers would slowly dwindle, there are all kind of sellers out there and if you search and stay organized You can find a good deal all the...
  7. D

Akai Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H2s4 That is a Beauty!!!! Hey I am from eastern mass too.
  8. D

Oh Paleezzee...Kenwood on auction,,,,,,,

Oh come on everyone knows if it is blue and chrome it is the most powerful MEGA SOUND BLASTER avaible on the block... I don't know about power but I will say it is probably well in my opinion the "toyota truck" of vintage recievers. Well at least my custom cab 9400 is I thinK??? LOL.
  9. D

Akai Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akai The way to go !!!!!!!!!!!
  10. D

Why do reel to reel sound so good?

The 407 does sound awsome I have recorded some rush and Van Halen onto it from my cambridge CD Player and running through a Kenwood Kr-9400 and it sounds awsome. I cant wait to thread up the grand 456 and record some of the mint miles and wynton LP's I have Oh what fun this is .. Hey I have...
  11. D

Why do reel to reel sound so good?

I love this place I finally went back to RtoR after reading theese boards, as a matter of fact I got alot of vintage stuff to put together.. I used to be a reel nut when I was a kid and boy it is good to be back.. So if I am using quantegy 457 and 407 I shold be allright quality wise on an akai...
  12. D

What TT's do you folks have

I had that same Phillips Ga 212 but it got crushed by my 48 ft moving trailer when we moved a few years ago I almost cried, and it was all my fault I had it boxed up real well for the move and put it on top of one of the tires of the trailer " a safe place" while I attended to something els for...
  13. D

Pink Floyds' "The Wall" - Best pressing?

Glad this came up because I have alot of vinyl but I dont know about the science of it at all but am dying to learn so I dug out my copy of DSOTM and it says on the cover Harvest 1973 the Gramophone company, limited then on the label on the record it self it says capitol on the top and emi...
  14. D

Opinions On Pioneer RT1011L RTR

Anyone have any opinions on this deck how does it compare to the 701 or 707? What are the major differences??? Thanks Dave
  15. D

NICE Kenwood Auction!!!

Always be weary of someone auctioning Brides maid dresses, salt and pepper shakers, And high ens audio equiptment at the same time,, seems like if they have it they will try to sell it no matter what.
  16. D

Anyone have any experience with???

Any of the cambridge Audio CD machines I finally dove in and bought their entry model which is the Azur 540-C.. It has gotten some good reviews but was wondering if any real people have used one.. I figured with over 800 cd's I might as well start hearing them.
  17. D

Your thoughts on Satellite radio?

Wow I love my xm I drive a truck for a living and am tuned in to the radio for about 10 to 15 hours a day Xm for me is the Ba##s I can listen to the same station from boston to Bangor and back no searching for what I want I know where it is all the time.. I love the comedy and the news channels...
  18. D

Hello To All New to group

All Right B-2 I am convinced I will start shopping right away and will check in with You and the other before i start anything.. Its funny but Yama keeps popping up everywhere I turn.. I guess I will go full BTTW and go seperates now of course it will take me a month to find a really good deal...
  19. D

Wow this is a great fourm and thnaks to all who have been helping me.. To answer brians questions I listen to a wide range But mostly classic rock and Jazz alot of floyd Yes steely dan doobies dead ohhhh you get the point i also do a ton of miles, Q, charlie hunter, Ahmad jamal, coltrane... As...
  20. D

Well I have been looking at 2285's and 2325's what is your take on either one?
  21. D

Thanks again guy's this is a great place and I can see with some great people.. I am looking at a Kenwood KR-7600 and a couple of Marantz units God looking at all this stuff is bringing back some great memories.. being a kid i would stare at my uncles Nikko for hours ata a time/.."Just don't...
  22. D

Thanks Bolly, Well not sure I have some different sets and will have to hear which sound best in the shack.. Will be either Old Jennings Research Contrara. Wharfdale 91's Or Infinity Entra's which are still in the box and I have no clue how they are.. Keep in mind this is going to be in a very...
  23. D

Name here is Dave and am new to this group, so Hello.. I want to keep it short.. So I would like some opinions on putting together a vintage system.. I know this is a broad question.. I am looking to spend around $1000 total on used gear minus speakers which I already have and will not part...
Back
Top Bottom