Search results

1. wsjoe

DCD-1520 vs DCD-1800R?

Most definitely the DCD-1520. Mod it and it will completely kill the DCD-1800.
  2. wsjoe

Correction Local pickup near Hartford Connecticut???

Thank you! It's not late. The available days are: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 10-6pm and Sat 10-4pm. 31st is a Tuesday so it will have to be the day before or after. But let me ask the seller. Can you make it between 10-6pm? After you pickup, package it and drop off at the...
  3. wsjoe

Correction Local pickup near Hartford Connecticut???

I am planning to buy something with local pickup near Waterbury, Connecticut. It's located 15 minutes SW of Hartford, CT. I can send packing materials to use and also the UPS label. Amp is about 45 lbs. Joe
  4. wsjoe

Anybody near Waterbury, Connecticut?

I am planning to buy something with local pickup near Waterbury, Connecticut. I can send packing materials to use and also the UPS label. Amp is about 45 lbs. Joe
  5. wsjoe

Looking for higher end vintage cd player

I am always faithful to a modded Denon DCD-1520 or DCD-1560. Problem with these is lasers, once dead, you are dead. No longer available, well, you can buy on Ebay for like $150-200 for a used one. However, these were made late 80's early 90's so if they lasted this long, they are probably...
  6. wsjoe

Nakamichi CD-4 not spinning?

Does anyone have a copy of service manual or at least the schematics?
  7. wsjoe

Nakamichi CD-4 not spinning?

I need help with Nakamichi CD-4. This is different and older than the CD Player 4. It has KSS-210A laser. I have two units that used to work perfectly and put away and now they are not playing at all. Both have exact same symptoms. After inserting a cd, it spins like 1/2 a revolution but...
  8. wsjoe

Solved! Denon DCD-1500 II disc not reading

Is the drawer going 100%? No spinning after this click? Did you unlock the laser?
  9. wsjoe

Onkyo DX-1400 CDP

those TI or BB engineers were not dumb, they figure that selling as singles they could make twice the money. Most opamps are dual like the 5532 so you need an adapter sold by Browndog.
  10. wsjoe

Denon DCD 1520. Worth modding?

I have loved Denons for many many years and modified pretty much 200-300 of them and it's one of the best audio investments you will have made. Don't go crazy and change everything like so called professionals do and charge you an arm and a leg. Change the caps and opamps and you will be...
  11. wsjoe

I am very happy that it has worked for you. I am still scratching my head and puzzled as to why this is working. Maybe I should have kept that arm for me!!!
  12. wsjoe

Question regarding Denon DCD-1000

Replace the caps and opamps after the DAC. If you have a soldering iron, you should do it yourself. I can do it for you but you have to ship the board to me. I don't have the schematics on this model but I can do the mod if I have the cd player or board with me. It should be about $50-60...
  13. wsjoe

Question regarding Denon DCD-1000

It's a nice entry level Denon cd player. It can have either KSS-121A / KSS-123A laser pickup. If it has the second one, it should be a better sounding unit. A little mod should make it sound alot better. Joe
  14. wsjoe

anybody in Elgin, IL

All, seller and I came to an agreement that he will use his nephew and help him palletize. Thanks everyone!
  15. wsjoe

anybody in Elgin, IL

Friends, I lost the bid but the seller wants to sell to me because I am arranging the local pickup to do the packing and palletizing. So if anyone is available anytime starting this week, please let me know. I will ship 20boxes of 13x13x13 double wall, a few rolls of tape and even shrink wrap to...
  16. wsjoe

anybody in Elgin, IL

Thank you so much. I am going to bid for this item in Ebay and if I win, I may need your help. The seller has agreed to package for me but I will have to supply all shipping supplies which is easy but I will need a pallet and that's not easy to ship. However, thank you and if I win, I will...
  17. wsjoe

I don't understand high dollar CD players...

I think I should chime in and put my 2 cents. I owned and sold more cd players than many people here. If I should count all of them it will be easily 100. I pretty much tried all Denons in the DCD-xxxx family. Tried several Yamaha CDX-1000 and up series. Tried Nakamichis, Tried the...
  18. wsjoe

anybody in Elgin, IL

I am thinking about buying 900 records and it's local pickup only. I will provide shipping boxes and packaging materials. Can anybody help me package the lps into boxes and on a pallet and shrink wrap? I will then arrange for pickup for freight. I will pay for this service.
  19. wsjoe

Denon DCD 1560 problems

I am pretty sure the laser is dead. Would you be interested in selling me board inside?
  20. wsjoe

bottom belt You need to remove the front face plate. Then you will below the tray. Be careful when removing the faceplate. There are 6 or so locking pins that you have to pry just enough to release. Pry too much and you will break them. I broke a few over the past 6 years. But then, I...
  21. wsjoe

Denon CD Player

I have owned these Denons for almost 10 years now and serviced over 200 of them. What you have is a weakening or dying laser. Yes, the puck issue can be a problem but it's usually a few over a hundred players. Just make sure the tray is retracted ALL the way 100%. If the disc spins...
  22. wsjoe

If you have a DAC do you need a higher end CD player?

I am an engineer myself and love to talk about specs. Audio is not all about specs including waveforms and digital data. If you think all digital data is the same go ahead and enjoy your digital data that comes out of dvd player or $10 cd player but please don't go around saying that all...
  23. wsjoe

If you have a DAC do you need a higher end CD player?

Dmitry, I know how you feel about all cd players are digital and sound the same. And you really must have great years but there is one thing that you may not considering is the kind and quality of your speakers. Depending on your setup, your speaker may not be efficient and detailed enough for...
  24. wsjoe

Technics SL-PJ1 belt p/n?

Hi, Does anyone have access to a service manual for Technics cd player SL-PJ1? I need the part numbers for the large and small belts. Any help will be appreciated.
  25. wsjoe

Threshold SA2 price?

Does anyone know what's a good price for a pair of Treshold SA2? How does it compare against the SA1?
Back
Top Bottom