Search results

1. Clutch

That's their "Pet Sounds" - Make your case here!

Sade - Promise Her second release. Diamond Life was great and she has put out a lot of good material. On Promise, she nailed every song perfectly with that sultry voice. Well, she did for me, anyway.
  2. Clutch

Walkman vs full size stereo setup

I envy those who prefer listening through headphones. Minimalist system, less cost, less space, less hassle. Listen the way you like and don't worry about how others do it.
  3. Clutch

Turntable platforms

I've had good results using a slab of granite custom cut from shops that make kitchen counter tops. Add sorbothane feet.
  4. Clutch

Dumbest thing someone has ever said to you?

About 1980 I was in my dorm room cleaning a record on my turntable by turning the record with one hand while holding the brush on the record with the other hand. Someone observing me doing this said that I would ruin my turntable. He explained that turntables had induction motors and that when I...
  5. Clutch

The day the music died!

Good luck with the steroid treatment and thanks for sharing.
  6. Clutch

Where Are the Second-Hand Stores Selling Vintage Audio????

From your post it sounds like you made one trip to a thrift store expecting a score. If someone told you that they caught a huge bass at a nearby lake, would you go there, cast your line out one time and when you caught nothing call that person a liar? I don't shop the thrift stores like I used...
  7. Clutch

All I Care About Is The Sound. True Or False?

Sound is important, but so is reliability, repairability, convenience, protection functions that keep me from destroying stuff, and looks.
  8. Clutch

Average Age Here?

57. I swear that just a few weeks ago I was 27. Don't know how that happened. Oh, I only have 2 testicles, but I recently found out I have 4 ureters.
  9. Clutch

Stereo Cable Management

When I have to move or replace a component I try to reorganize the cables. It ends up looking like a mess again. Unless I hear a hum, I don't worry about it.
  10. Clutch

Audiophiles and Motorcycles

My main transportation is a 2002 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000. Also have a 1979 Suzuki GS850. I'm kind of spoiled by the low maintenance of shaft drive. I've been riding for about 25 years. !st bike was a 1980 Suzuki GL450. Second bike a 1986 Honda Shadow 700. A nasty crash kept me from riding for...
  11. Clutch

My devised some would say crap system that sounds just great to me....

Sniff...I do not detect the slightest hint of crap here. I believe you when you say it sounds amazing. I would like to hear that.
  12. Clutch

Vintage Pioneer & Ohm Walsh 2 - ?s

These are detailed instructions on how to perform the upgrade. Seems fairly simple. I hope to do it myself in the future. Not sure if this is what you were looking for. https://ohmspeaker.com/site/assets/files/2658/super_walsh_2_upgrade_june_2016.pdf
  13. Clutch

Vintage Pioneer & Ohm Walsh 2 - ?s

Both very good buys. I am very familiar with those speakers as they are what I am using in my main system. That amp should be okay with those speakers as long as you are careful at higher volumes to not push the amp to the point of clipping. If you hear the least bit of distortion, turn the...
  14. Clutch

Kenwood KA-7300 & 4 ohm loads

Specs on thevintageknob.org list the speaker impedance as 4 ...16 ohms.
  15. Clutch

Nitty Gritty, Inc. has closed its doors

KABUSA states "After 39 years, Nitty Gritty Inc, has closed it's doors." Nitty Gritty website says it was established in 1981 and incorporated in 1982. This doesn't add up. With the compay website still up, I am not trusting KABUSA's statement.
  16. Clutch

What Artist passing affected you the most

Jerry Garcia's death hit me the hardest. Saw him perform more than 60 times. The second hardest was Roy Orbison. Never got to see him perform. His career was catching second wind when he passed.
  17. Clutch

I'm so STUPID!!

Been there, done that more than once. Added an automatic tonearm lifter.
  18. Clutch

Guilty: Exercise Your Objectivity

Ohm Walsh 2: Power hungry Bass doesn't have enough punch when blasting classic rock Sound is muffled at lower listening levels Spring clip terminals Grill cloth on one is faded Wow, you just made me realize my speakers are crap. Will have to search for new ones or pay Ohm $1400 for upgrade...
  19. Clutch

Goodwill Finds: Pioneer SX-D7000, Marantz WSP4112

Nice find. Nice price.
  20. Clutch

The Loving room!!!

With the lights off and gear on, looks like an enjoyable evening.
  21. Clutch

What's your very first vinyl record ?

First record was Peter and the Wolf that was a gift when I was a young child, about 1965. I believe it was 1974 when my brother and I bought a Sound Design AM/FM 8-track. The salesman at K's Merchandise Mart in Decatur Illinois talked us into it, saying that 8-tracks were the wave of the future...
  22. Clutch

Harman / Kardon system

I like the look. Are those acoustic ceiling panels on the wall? And maybe some kind of diffusers?
  23. Clutch

Why I will never buy any PS Audio gear again

The woman in the McDonalds case did receive 3rd degree burns requiring skin grafts. There is a documentary movie about this incident called "Hot Coffee" that shows photos of the damage. The movie was on Netflix for a while, not currently listed. Watch the movie if you can find it. Then you will...
  24. Clutch

Vinyl storage options, a possible cheap solution

I've been wanting to store my records so that I can flip through them like that. I will have to check those out. Thanks.
  25. Clutch

Songs about someone 'on the side'

Walk On By - Leroy Van Dyke Lyin' Eyes - Eagles Daytime Friends - Kenny Rogers
Back
Top Bottom