Search results

1. Goodwill_HiFi

Looking for a small cheap active crossover to use with Lepai chip amp.

I've had a project on the back burner for awhile. I've got a single 2-way speaker cabinet that I want to run mono. I've got a box to convert a stereo signal to mono. I'd like to use a Lepai chip amp (already have one on my computer), but I need something to split the highs/lows, so I can use...
  2. Goodwill_HiFi

How long do you wait until you report a "non-paying bidder"?

Most of my bidders pay quite quickly. I have a few that take a few days. So far, I've only had one that was completely unresponsive. I sent an invoice, and I think a message, so after about a week, I filed with ebay, had to wait several more days, and then got my sellers fees reversed, and...
  3. Goodwill_HiFi

CD tracks not accesible via computer

I'm not really sure where to put this in the forum: I just picked up a CD from Goodwill. It's an ocean surf cd, and indicates 6 tracks on the back cover. My computer sees one track only. Asunder CD Ripper identifies one track by an artist, I'm pretty sure is all wrong. VLC identifies one...
  4. Goodwill_HiFi

Converting non-round hole to round?

I'm going to replace a cord, and my plan is to switch from the stupid squeeze together cord retainer to a industrial/electrical strain relief that requires a 1/2" round hole. The holes for the black squeeze together retainers normally have flats on them. Am I going to be able to cut a nice...
  5. Goodwill_HiFi

Buyer getting pushy and other red flags

I've got a ebay buyer that I'd rather not deal with. He hasn't violated any ebay rules yet, but I'm getting red flags now. Item sold on the 13th He paid the 15th I have a 3 day handling period, which ends tomorrow (Wednesday) Today he's messaging me saying that he's gotten no updates and...
  6. Goodwill_HiFi

Boxes for shipping speakers systems?

I need to ship a few sets of speakers..... JBL L110, Jensen Triette and maybe some small Altecs. I've only shipped speakers once, and I had some moving boxes for dishes and glasses that I found on the side of the road after someone moved.... thick, well built boxes. They were perfect for the...
  7. Goodwill_HiFi

Speaker/table with legs ID needed

Looks like a 50's extension speaker to me...... any ideas on brand, or what might be inside?
  8. Goodwill_HiFi

Ebay bidder canceling bid? What would you do?

Item opening for $12 or $16 BIN, and $4 shipping. Bidder #1 $12 Bidder #2 $12+X . Back . and-forth . all-day . Bidder #2 $35 Bidder #1 $36 Less than 24 hours to go Bidder #1 cancels all bids "due to wrong amount", leaving Bidder #2 at $12. I banned Bidder #1 from bidding on my auctions. I'm...
  9. Goodwill_HiFi

Ebay offers...

I'm the seller. I've started putting some "make offers" on some of my items. I have purchased using that feature before, but never sold using it. If something has a make offer, and I like the item/add and I'm not in a hurry, isn't critical, I'll make an offer a few dollars under, to hopefully...
  10. Goodwill_HiFi

Silverface, but what?

I can see the turntable is some sort of JVC but what are the rest.....and the speakers off to the sides? My first thought is Marantz, but JC Pennies made stuff that looks liket hat too!
  11. Goodwill_HiFi

Suggestions for new power/mains plug?

Still slowly fiddling with the BGW 620. It needs a new cord. I'm planning on buying wire from Lowes...... something black and flexible (SJOOW?), shouldn't be any big deal, I don't think. What I do need help on is a decent plug. I used to replace plugs on commercial vacuum cleaners all the...
  12. Goodwill_HiFi

What is the attraction to headphones?

Ok, I understand situations where you need to keep you music to yourself, or listen on the go. Those are reasons due to your physical location, or movement. However, I see people posting pictures of headphone amps, which to me suggests neither of the above reasons apply in those...
  13. Goodwill_HiFi

A couple of Altec cabinet finds, Colorado and Michigan

The A-700 cabinets I'd love to mess around with, but they're too far away. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Altec-A-700-pair-unloaded-cabinets-2-pair-available-pick-up-ONLY-Denver-Co-/272210012906 The 210 cabinets are a bit bigger than I'd want for my little livingroom...
  14. Goodwill_HiFi

Adding RCA jacks to BGW 620

I am attempting to modify my amp for home use. It has barrier strip connections, and I want to switch to RCA jacks. Most/Many 620s also had 1/4" jacks, but mine does not. While looking at what is available in the way of jacks, I notice that they all look like they ground to the chassis. I'm...
  15. Goodwill_HiFi

Dukane cabinet....what's inside?

This is coming up for auction locally-ish. Any idea what might be inside? It's supposed to be about 3 feet tall. Obviously someone painted it white, which doesn't look too bad, even if not ideal. I won't have an opportunity to look at it in person, before bidding.
  16. Goodwill_HiFi

Amp feet recomendations?

I'm playing around with a BGW 620. I've removed the 20/70 volt transformers so it's a bit lighter than normal, but it has no cushion on the bottom. It does have holes for screws in all four corners. I'd like to be able to set it down without fear of it leaving dents or scratches. What works...
  17. Goodwill_HiFi

Buchanon EV's.....but what?

The HF horns and HF drivers are HP1240s and DH2s, but what are the low frequency cabinets? I'm guessing 18" drivers judging by the silhouette.
  18. Goodwill_HiFi

Are these Fraziers? If not then what?

Hello All......first time I've been here since the forum upgrade. Looks real nice! These rather large speakers are coming up for auction, and I'm wondering what they are. My first thought is Frazier. Doing an image search with Google doesn't provide any matches, However. It seems like I've...
  19. Goodwill_HiFi

Opinions, Thoughts, Experience with EV LR4A

I used to have a single EV LR4B..... at least I think that's what it was. It was a pretty neat, but I was dumb and pulled all the drivers so I could use them to build a box that would get me a lot of bass. Eventually I scrapped the drivers. I was probably in my late teens. I wish I had it...
  20. Goodwill_HiFi

Home

Home..... truck still packed, Though. I think next time I'll bring my own cart for load out. I carried most of my swap stuff by hand, with the exception of two loads I was able to get out with Mario's cart which he so graciously let be borrow.
  21. Goodwill_HiFi

What are you supposed to do with eggplant?

I bought an egg plant last night. While I'm waiting for my turkey to thaw I may as well do something with it. So..... um, what do I do with it? It may as well be from outer space. I have no idea what they're all about. It looks like technically it's a fruit........ but is it more fruit...
  22. Goodwill_HiFi

Cooking trukey........ in the crockpot?

I'm currently thawing a small turkey. It was my company Christmas present, and I've had it frozen. I've never cooked one before. I thought about doing it in the crockpot. Any advice? I'm hoping it'll be thawed by tomorrow.
  23. Goodwill_HiFi

I'm home

I'm home...... been home for awhile, actually. Had a tough time staying awake for the second half of my drive. Well, until one of my tires started howling...... I thank the Lord, it didn't go flat. I did NOT want to change it on the side of the road, possibly in the rain. For any of you that...
  24. Goodwill_HiFi

Automotive help from Taco Bell

So I'm in the drive-thru, ordering a 1/2 pound cheesy potato burrito and a 5 layer beef burrito...... the girl says to pull ahead to the second window. I'm passing the first window at speed, and I hear a "sir!". I hit the brakes and back up. The guy at the first windows takes my money, and...
  25. Goodwill_HiFi

Nuts and bolts of a swap table

I'm going to have a swap table..... already talked to Grumpy. I feel kind of silly asking this, but........ How do people price things? Garage sale stickers? Signs for larger items? boxes filled with like priced items? All of the above? I guess pricing a bunch of low dollar items is...
Back
Top Bottom