Search results

1. okeeteekid

Infinity IRS Epsilon - How to measure accelerometer?

My epsilons produced about the same output of bass as my kappa 9's when I put the bass control on around +5 my amps gains are about the same for mids/highs and woofers, most people say that the epsilons are light on bass, they're nothing like the betas
  2. okeeteekid

Infinity IRS Epsilon - How to measure accelerometer?

The output does drop off when the servo wires are connected , I put my bass level on +2 when I'm using the servo with the servo wires connected and when I use the servo just as a crossover with no servo wires connected I have to set the bass level to-6 or even less to match the output of +2 when...
  3. okeeteekid

Infinity IRS Epsilon Accelerometer PCB upgrade to REV C

Sorry if something is wrong with your SCU it could possibly damage something in both speakers, not worth taking the chance as these things are old and hard to find someone to repair them.
  4. okeeteekid

Both my speakers, SCU are labeled as Rev A’s, my PCB'S look to be the same as yours and my epsilons servo system has been working fine for me for the last 15 plus years that I've owned them. My uncle is an electronic engineer and he quickly noticed that my PCB's are B, the original boards from...
  5. okeeteekid

I's show it because someone may need it in the future.
  6. okeeteekid

Infinity IRS Epsilon, which version?

That's good info, I have no idea why yours isn't working, if it worked before you stored them they should work now unless something went bad on the PCB board
  7. okeeteekid

I think I figured it out, mine and your board look the same "B" which is the original board the epsilon came with, mine is wired to be the updated rev A, yours is wired to be the original version, I think C is the last updated board for rev A, as it eliminates the use of jumpers and the empty...
  8. okeeteekid

My uncle was an electronic engineer for over 50 years and I showed him my PCB board and the two schematics and he said...The board you own works as if it is the rev 2 circuit even though it is built on an old rev 1 board
  9. okeeteekid

This is interesting, shows the two PCB versions
  10. okeeteekid

They mention about wiring something different with jumper wires and extra caps but I don't know if it's for the SCU or the PCB boards, conversion from if30003 to if 300003A
  11. okeeteekid

Here is the service manual if you don't already have one, maybe you can make more sense of it, my SCU is revision A as is the back of the speakers where you connect the speaker wires, pic below and my accelerometer PCB's look like B here is the manual...
  12. okeeteekid

If you look at the only two boards in the epsilon technical manual mine looks like B, according to the manual there is only C and B, mine has the copper shield I removed it for the pics, pic 4
  13. okeeteekid

Quantum Line Source, a new(er) Era Dawns...

I though there had to be something sealing them away from the woofer, they are probably going to sound incredible!
  14. okeeteekid

Quantum Line Source, a new(er) Era Dawns...

How did you enclose or seal the new midranges from the woofer enclosure so they don't get damaged? those midranges radiate sound out their back so they are open to the pounding of woofer.
  15. okeeteekid

Help w/ Epsilon SCU 4-pin xlr cable build

Cool! glad you figured it out, let us know what you think of the Epsilons sound and how they compare to the Gammas since you had both speakers
  16. okeeteekid

Bizarre set of hacked IRS Epsilon/Magnepan hybrid

Jazz I remember when this person (Lavishness) had the working pair of L-EMIMs for sale on the bay and they sold
  17. okeeteekid

Kappa 8 was there a production change in Poly domes??

If they have a flat spot at the point of the dome then they probably are RSDS, infinity made them for car audio but some people used them in their kappas
  18. okeeteekid

A very special day today :). Infinity Gammas !

Ren 90's on steroids what more can you ask for! Congrats Jazz!
  19. okeeteekid

Infinity Kappa 9 - Replacement Driver/Cone

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175349819181?hash=item28d3a9e72d:g:F4gAAOSwt~JizjaG
  20. okeeteekid

Infinity Kappa Polydome vs HE-EMIM

I know the polydomes specs but I wanted to cross them over a little lower and higher so you could more easily hear the polydome going lower in frequency and the HE emim going higher in frequency, if I were to cross them over to the polydomes crossover specs you would still hear that the HE emim...
  21. okeeteekid

Gamma owners, help if you can.

That's awesome! once you have the servo hooked up it's hard to go back to a non servo system again, I think the servo makes the woofers match the accuracy of the high frequency drivers
  22. okeeteekid

The SCU looks to hook up the same as the one used in my epsilons but I'm not 100% sure so I didn't reply to your post as I wouldn't want you to damage your SCU
  23. okeeteekid

Best of luck with the surgery! hopefully you will get some relief from the pain you've been having, sending prayers your way for a successful operation and speedy recovery.
  24. okeeteekid

A very special day today :). Infinity Gammas !

I hope you can get some kind of relief from all the pain your having, sending prayers your way!
Back
Top Bottom