Search results

1. jimimac

MC 452/462

2. jimimac

MC 452/462

Yes,they were big..
  3. jimimac

MC352 (mono) vs MC452

If I remember correctly after the 352 they changed the part # but it looked the same to me?? I would have to talk with someone else in the service department to be sure.It was hugeomungus.
  4. jimimac

MC 452/462

Okay I left the Mother Ship 3 years ago. The power transformers were made by Schumacher in Illinois for many years, then they moved production to Mexico and were Schumex, can't remember the year.I believe the Mc352 used the same power transformer as the 452 and 462,over built like most Mac...
  5. jimimac

Best looking McIntosh component currently in production (picture poll)

Not in production anymore but when I saw about 30 of the gold color chassis MC 75 rolling down the line together it was a beautiful sight, they actually use the same power transformer as the MC 275 .The 901 was so big they had to make a completely new line to build them on...
  6. jimimac

C20 Transformer Tar Leakage

There's more than one way to fix that. That was potted before I started there. Sometimes we would cut the tranny out and re pot them rather then scrap the whole thing. No where to hide it if I made the mistake, some of the cans were like a quarter inch higher than the other. Six AM I didn't...
  7. jimimac

C20 Transformer Tar Leakage

Lot's of ways on here would work.The tar pot is set at 450 degrees, the flash point where the tar will burn is around 600 degrees. I potted quite a few in the wrong cans when I worked there,its really messy trying to get them out, good luck..
  8. jimimac

McIntosh Factory & Audio Classics visit Thursday August 8th - Anyone want to join?

I started there in July of 1997,I was area leader of the raw material when they rented the building across the street.A guy retired and I took over the tar potting job,met many great people over the years.I left in December of 2020,I injured my shoulder and rook an early retirement.Life kinda...
  9. jimimac

McIntosh Factory & Audio Classics visit Thursday August 8th - Anyone want to join?

I'm looking through all these McIntosh tour photos,pretty cool,who's the tar potter ??? Cool thanks for the memories.....
  10. jimimac

Paradigm Studio 60 V4 vs. NHT 2.5i...upgrade??

I have owned the 2.5i for quite a while it is designed by Ken Kantor I find them superior over any Paradigm I have owned.I drive them with a B@K Reference 202, 225 watts into 8 ohms 75 amps of current.The design eliminates side wall bounce in my narrow room.The Bass response goes down pretty...
  11. jimimac

I'm still looking 4 the Quarter

I'm still looking 4 the Quarter
  12. jimimac

Amazing McIntosh Wows!!!

They sure don't make them like they used to.....
  13. jimimac

Acurus ACD 11 CD player skipping

I'm not a DIY guy so please forgive me.I know the player was made around 1997 but it is skipping,I read all the reasons C.D. players skip and I was like a deer in the headlights (LOL) I can't even find a torx bit to open it up.Does anybody know what issues this unit has ?? Is it worth getting...
  14. jimimac

Acurus ACD 11

I bought an Acurus ACD 11 a couple years ago at one of the vintage radio shows in P.A. and I ask the guy does it skip and he says no it was a $1000 unit when it was new so I get it home and it skips,I'm tired of buying used CD players that skip.I couldn't even find a Torx bit to open it up and...
  15. jimimac

MC451 half of a MC901

The Mc 206 was in production when I started potting transformers,I think they used the same can from the previous model,so I had to shoe horn it in the can,I would put a inch or 2 of the molten tar in the bottom of the can and ease the torroid down into the can and hope the tar wouldn't flow...
  16. jimimac

MC451 half of a MC901

TWiiii, I remember potting the Mc206 Torroids they used such a small can I could hardley get any tar to flow around the Tranny.I was happy when they switched to the Mc207..I pretty much pottedd all the transformers and autoformers from 1999 to 2020 ???
  17. jimimac

Buying an older avr...bad idea?

I currently use a Marantz SR 5013 AVR I have owned a few over the years and the manuals suck.I have owned this one for a few years and haven't even hooked it up.I have been doing 2 channel.I know I could hook my favorite 2 channel amp into my Marantz but the the whole thing is confusing to...
  18. jimimac

MC451 half of a MC901

I have been retired from McIntosh 4 two years.In case you didn't know I started in 1997 in the warehouse and they kinda made me area leader of raw material when they were in the building across the street,I had a good resume.It was lots of paper work and the boss didn't like it when I miss...
  19. jimimac

Source Speakers

Just picked up a pair of Source speakers,there 29" high they must be the 5.2 ?? They make them so fast they don't put model #'s or serial #'s on them.Well I like the detail I need to play them more..
  20. jimimac

McIntosh MC462 or McIntosh MC-1000 or McIntosh MC-601

Just like antiques the older gear was built to last and used way better parts....
  21. jimimac

Perfect match for MC1.25kw?

Those amps are built like Tanks,they will drive any speaker made.
  22. jimimac

When Did The MC352 Cease Production

Mc 352 was a great amp,my back is still hurting from lifting the transformers,Audio classics did buy quite a few,probably a few hundred not really sure.
  23. jimimac

B&K ST140 amp Early Version

B@K amps are great value on the used market I have one of that style that needs going over and needs to have the DC offset adjusted once I get a round 2 it .......
  24. jimimac

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

I really enjoy speakers there are hundreds of different speakers out there and I may never settle on one pair thank you...
  25. jimimac

McIntosh XR240's

My 30 year old pair of XR240's that I got for $250 and refinished have very good Bass but the top end is soft sounding.My other speakers like my NHT 2.5i are bright,thinking about re capping them,they don't image or sound stage like they should either.
Back
Top Bottom