Search results

1. Lman

Hafler XL 280 DC Offset

The DC offset in the left channel measured -330mv while the right channel is -1.2mv. I cranked up P1 as far as it will go and got the left channel down to -117mv. I seem to recall reading that P1 sometimes fails and should be replaced. Is my memory correct and are there any other solutions I...
  2. Lman

Anyone Recognize this Board?

I'm pretty sure it is a cap replacement board for a Dynaco ST70 but I don't have any of the documentation for it. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Lman

A first for me

I've rebuilt a number of amps but you can imagine my surprise when I started taking apart a recently acquired Dynaco MK3 and found that the power transformer had been siliconed and screwed to the chassis. It took a lot of effort with a utility knife and a flat-headed screw driver to break them...
  4. Lman

250 Meter Board Help

Years ago I bought an M250 at an auction and when I tested it the left channel was out. I took it apart planning on doing a repair and full recap. Life got in the way and it wasn't until a month ago I was able to get back to it. The rectifier and amp boards are now fully functional but when I...
  5. Lman

Marantz 250 Help

I picked up this amp a while ago. I've gotten the service manual and addendums and have gone through a number of threads regarding rebuilding this amp (too many). I completed disassembled it, dealt with the chassis and transformer rust and replaced the RCA jacks which were badly corroded. I've...
  6. Lman

PAT 4 Replacement Board

I purchased a bare replacement board for the the PAT 4 back in 2011 and never got around to installing it. Written on the upper right of the board is "PAT-4 Preamp by R. Waters" and on the lower right "Epperson". It uses three LME49740NA/NOPB op amps. Is anyone familiar with it? I've attached...
  7. Lman

Anyone ID this cartridge

A co-worker has a Garrard 6-200 C turntable that belonged to her parents and is in need of a new stylus. I asked her to check it for any markings that might tell me what cartridge it is but she came up empty. I asked her to take some photographs but, based upon the two I've attached to this...
  8. Lman

Need Power Cord for QR-6500

I picked up this receiver in a lot I purchased and it came without a power cord. I've tried using cords that I have lying around and I even purchased a Roland power cord to see if that would work but it did not. Can someone tell me if a compatible cord is still available - aside from waiting...
  9. Lman

Monitor Audio Help

I have a chance to purchase a pair of BX6 or RX8 speakers at a substantial discount and was hoping that anyone familiar with these speakers could provide me with some insight as to their performance. I cannot audition them hence my asking for opinions. I plan on driving them with either my HK...
  10. Lman

Marantz 250 Help

I'm in the process of rebuilding a 250 and suspect that the relay might be bad. It is a Schrank RL230024 relay rated at 8amps, 24vdc, 250vac. I've had no luck searching for a replacement and was hoping that someone could offer some suggestions. Thanks!
  11. Lman

C32 Rebuild

I just picked up a C32 with broken glass that powers up but generates no sound. I will order replacement glass from McIntosh and I want to recap it and, if necessary (and it probably is), replace the ribbon cables that seem to cause problems with this unit. I was wondering if anyone has a list...
  12. Lman

Picked up a Kyocera PL-701

and it has a Signet MK110E cartridge, which I know it is a moving coil design with a replaceable stylus. Does anyone has any experience with this cartridge? Replacement styli are $180 and before I spring for a new stylus I would like to know that it will be money well spent. The cartridge...
  13. Lman

Help with 250

So I won a 250 power amp at an auction and when i got it home I saw it was missing its fuse cap. No big deal thought I, I'll just use a cap from another Marantz piece to test it and order a replacement. Unfortunately, none of them fit. I've looked around a bit but all I've found seem to be...
  14. Lman

Model Thirty doesn't know the words ...

so it hums - and I mean hums. I picked up a beautilful Model 30 amp yesterday at a flea market. I took it home, cleaned off the nicotine and hooked it up to my test system. As soon as I turned it on it emitted a loud, and I mean loud, hum that does not respond to the the volume control. I can...
  15. Lman

Someone has found audio perfection

One man's search is over. http://boston.craigslist.org/ele/130425871.html
  16. Lman

I didn't need another R2R but

I saw this beautiful Tandberg 64 at the flea market. When the vendor offered it to me for $20 how could I refuse? I also got the owner's manual, schematics, a letter from Tandberg thanking me for my purchase and a copy of the one year warranty (expired). It's supposed to work but I'm going to...
  17. Lman

MAC1700 Advice Neeeded

I just purchased a 1700 that shuts off about ten minutes after I power it on. I suspect a component in the power section has gone bad and gives out when it heats up. Can anyone give me an idea as to the likely culprit? The unit works fine right up unitl it shuts off. Thanks! Lou
  18. Lman

Decca Speaker

I came across two speakers vintage late 50's or early 60's yesterday. One was a Decca and the other had a label on the back referencing RCA. Both had mahogany finishes. The fellow selling them said that they were being used as furniture in a home he cleaned out. I'm guessing that one was bought...
  19. Lman

Bic 40z

I just picked uo this table with a Pickering V15 cartridge. Can someone give me some information on it. Thanks!
  20. Lman

TEAC 4010S Help Needed

I just picked up this machine - without a manual - and a panasonic R2R from a fellow who was unable to get either to work. The 4010S fast forwards and rewinds perfectly but when I switch to play the brake immediately kicks in. I think I've threaded the tape properly and there doesn't seem to...
  21. Lman

Help with R2R

I recently picked up my first R2R, a Sony TC 355 that, judging from it condition, had been stored away for years. The motor seems fine and the belts don't seem to be obviously in need of replacement. However, whenever I try to play a tape the machine goes into fast forward mode. The fast forward...
  22. Lman

I think I killed it

I picked up a V-M 711A tube RTR today for $5.00. I took it home and plugged it into my variac. Unfortunately, I had left the variac set on 120 volts as a result of reviving an old tube radio, and the tape player on/off switch was set to on. I thought I saw a flash of light when I turned...
  23. Lman

Speaker Find

I picked up a pair of Scott S11 speakers yesterday as well as a Scott 2506 integrated receiver/turntable. According to the H H Scott web site the S11's are three ways with 12" woofers. Does anyone have any experience with these speakers? Also, are the surrounds likely to be foam? Thanks...
Back
Top Bottom