Search results

1. RevAmish

Carver Amazing with bad tweeter price check

Depends on the Amazings that you are buying. The original Amazing Platinums had 2 x 30" ribbons. The later versions had one 60" ribbon. The Amazing Silver's and the ALIII's had 48" ribbons. There are a few people that do repairs online (carveraudio.com) but you are looking at roughly $700...
  2. RevAmish

Fhawk618 fails to deliver!

Frank has no affiliation with Vintage Hifi of Pittsburgh.
  3. RevAmish

Vintage Hi-Fi repair in Pittsburgh PA?

New location, like the old one is/will be posted on the shop's website. I suggest Google or a GPS. http://www.vintagehifipgh.com And weren't you the one kicked off the forum drewk2?
  4. RevAmish

Vintage Hifi of Pittsburgh is in the process of moving to a new location. This will happen within roughly 4 weeks. The owner in most cases is there by himself, he has one tech that comes in at night a few days a week. Currently he does not have the time or man power to answer every call or...
  5. RevAmish

Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

"Erpsongs" by Ozric Tentacles
  6. RevAmish

Automatic Fine Tuning - "self titled" 1976, Love this album. :music:
  7. RevAmish

Carver M-500T, drooled on it so had to buy it

Congrats! There is an excellent Carver certified repair place on the East Coast as well. Vintage Hifi of Pittsburgh. That's where I take all my Phase Linear/Carver and Sunfire gear. Very reasonable pricing. No affiliation.
  8. RevAmish

Todays METAL playlist

Vildhjarta - "Masstaden"
  9. RevAmish

Very nice, congrats!
  10. RevAmish

Tom and Vintage Hifi of Pittsburgh are the best around. Awesome low cost repairs, they always stand by their work and they have an amazing amount of vintage audio gear. He receives work from across the country because of his reputation. Plus they are certified dealers of several new equipment...
  11. RevAmish

Volto! - "Incitare" 2013, Prog Rock, First album by a band that's been around a few years featuring the drummer from Tool.
  12. RevAmish

Captain Beyond - "Captain Beyond" 1972
  13. RevAmish

Fermata - "Piesen z hol"
  14. RevAmish

Dust - "Dust / Hard Attack" reissue of both albums in one package on 180gram vinyl.
  15. RevAmish

Favorite Simpsons quote?

Homer: "To alcohol, the cause and solution of all of life's problems."
  16. RevAmish

Carver Amazing New Surround Source

I would be curious to how it goes for you as well. At $18 a piece, and replacement drivers are $39, is it worth redoing the surrounds? I have had success with replacements, i'd just like your thoughts when you complete your repairs.
  17. RevAmish

Help repairing dead Carver TFM-15??

I'd also suggest this shop, they are also a certified carver repair facility on the east coast. www.vintagehifipgh.com
  18. RevAmish

Carver Amazing Loudspeaker III and Silver

I think the w0's are an older series. I can't comment on their performance. We have been sticking with the 10w3v3 series.
  19. RevAmish

You are correct, the board is the area I was referencing. Like I said, hopefully that is not your issue. I am currently using a JL W3v3-2 in my sunfire subwoofer. All of these models are dual voice coil so you will have to determine if you need a -2 or -4 depending on your ohm rating...
  20. RevAmish

One of the weak points on the ribbons is the terminal. Where the ribbon is sandwiched is a weak area. I had a ribbon stop working because the terminal was accidently bumped. I found that the ribbon had split/cracked under that clamped terminal area. Hopefully you aren't experiencing the same...
  21. RevAmish

anyone own these? carver al iii

I would skip the Kappa's and go with the JL W3 upgrade. I have heard both inside of ALIII's and the JL's are superior. Larger frequency range and they go much lower then the Kappa's. My 2 cents.
  22. RevAmish

Fairfax speakers ????

The Wall of Sound project is almost complete. I had to do a good amount of wood work to get this looking nice. I recapped both speakers and i'm in the process of building new frames for the grills. I was lucky that the grill cloth cleaned up nicely and that the woofer surrounds are rubber. A...
  23. RevAmish

Fairfax speakers ????

New Fairfax project! "Wall of Sounds" :music:
Back
Top Bottom