Search results

1. daza152

What Headphones will work with Kenwood KA-1500?

Hey guys I was wanting new headphones to work great with my vintage amp...what can you recommend please to work with my amp? Thanks.. Daza
  2. daza152

Pro-Ject Phono Box E (preamp) do I need it??

Hi guys I am currently using a Harman Kardon AVR20II connected to my PD272 Luxman and wanting to know do you think I need t fit an external phono stage to get a better quality of sound? Thanks.
  3. daza152

Pro-Ject Phono Box E (preamp) do I need it??

Hey guys just after some opions on whether I need to go down this path to get better sound? I currently have a Harman Kardon AVR20II connected to my Luxman PD272 and have been advised by someone I need to get an external phono stage to get a higher quality in sound. Do I need it or not?
  4. daza152

Your Thoughts on Pro-Ject Phono Box E Please...

Hi guys I currently do not have a pre-amp or phono stage in my system but have been recommended I should get one and I was wondering if this model was a good entry level one? Is it good value for money and will it deliver a better sound than not having one? Thanks.
  5. daza152

Hysteria 30th anniversary 2-LP reviews please??

Hey guys we asll know that this is a great album, for it's time with out question however my question to you is this, the new reissue Hysteria 2-LP 30th anniversary issue is it any good?? I habver just read it's Digitally remastered good or bad thing? I don't know if the original release was...
  6. daza152

The US 10th Anniversarry of Elephant is it on coloured vinyl?

Hi does anyone know if the US pressing of the 10th Anniversary of The White Stripes Elephant is ALL on coloured vinyl as a retailer here in NZ it doesn't mentioned it anywhere and wondered if it is or not? thanks guys. Please let me know if you do...
  7. daza152

Buying 1ST Pressings....Today?

Hey guys, it was just occuring to me that rather than trying to buy 1st pressing of tbhe 1990's I should be looking at what albums are coming out today, and pick them up now for a good price rather leaving it for years and wishing I had bought them. Can anyone recommend what artist have produced...
  8. daza152

1st Press or Repress you choose for me please.....

Hey guys here's a unique way to look at collecting out of the ordinary, I have a list of 1st pressing albums from the 90's I love and want but not able to get them all as 1st pressings and will need to buy as a reissue/repressing and need your help. Please give me your opinions on whether or not...
  9. daza152

OKNOTOK Radioheads new release...reviews please

Hey guys this has caught my eye as I know how big OK Computer was in 1997 and now this special limited edition release sounds like a good time to jump in a grab one as I don't have any of their records, does anyone have this issue can tell me their thoughts please. Thanks.
  10. daza152

I want to build a Vacuum Record Cleaning Machine...in a Box.

Hi can anyone help with how to do this please I don't want to buy a spin doctor would rather put my money in to a vacuum ceaning one but can't afford the real deal, so would like to build one. Thanks. Daza.
  11. daza152

Blue Note 75th Anniversary Jazz releases.....??

Hi can anyone please give me their thoughts or these reissues please? I have read the blog from Analog Planet whicgh sounded fine but would like to here from you guys what you think? are they produced from analogue tapes or from some digital source? Would you recommend them? Thanks. Daza.
  12. daza152

Would You Consider All Japanese Pressing to be of a High Quality?

Hey guys I'm looking at bidding on a Japanese pressing on Blue Note Jazz recording and was wondering is it normally assumed that it will be of High Quality? Is year of pressing important? please give me your words of wisdom!!
  13. daza152

First Spins...What Are you Playing For the "First Time" Today??

Hey guys, I... like many of you are buying and finding new vinyl everyday, some albums you may not have ever had or a pressing you may have wanted for a while...Let us all know what are Playing for it's First Time Spin please? and let us know what your impressions of it were. Thanks. My...
  14. daza152

Do You Recommend The Record Cleaning Brushes?

Hi I don't use anything at all as I mainly use and buy new vinyl (bit lazy maybe?) but recently saw on YouTube an "expert" saying that using the brushes is a good idea? do you use them and what type? Thanks.
  15. daza152

Somethin' Else Album 2015 vinyl LP Limited Edition...Reviews please?

Hey guys can anyone tell me about this particular pressing? is on a Blue Note record Label? does it sound good? Thanks. Do you have it...? I have found one new for only $22NZ including poistage from the states!!
  16. daza152

How Much Is This Table Worth?

Hey guys I like the look of this but don't know it's worth?? can you tell me about it and it's value please...Thanks., http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronic...dio/turntables/auction-1398970324.htm?fref=gc
  17. daza152

Is This A Nice Table?

Hey guys I like the look of this but don't know it's worth?? can you tell me about it and it's value please...Thanks., http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/home-audio/turntables/auction-1398970324.htm?fref=gc
  18. daza152

Been Done To Death?...Belt Drive Vs Direct Drive Thread!

Hey guys sorry about this there are bound to be old threads on this subject but just quickly I know there can be pros and cons for both but do you think the Higher end tables are better as belt drives? not that I know much if anything about them just an observation really, your thoughts please....
  19. daza152

This Is The Official 'Luxman' Owners Club

I feel we need a special thread dedicated to our beloved Luxman Turntables, where we can show them off and discuss issues and ask questions to help better our listening experience!! Here is my first Turntable which happens to be a Luxman PD-272. I have had it for 7+ years, its been a great table.
  20. daza152

What would be a good upgrade from my Luxman?

Hey guys I own a PD-272 Luxman TT and have been of thinking of taking it to next level. Can yoiu please suggest some brands or models that are better but not ridiculously expensive please. I also use a pair of Wharfedale diamond series bookshelf speakers too wuith my Harman Kardon amp. want...
  21. daza152

What Is The Best Jazz Album Ever???

Hey guys as far as I knew it was easily Kind of Blue, not sure which version is best however....I recently went to a great little record store to be told it was an album called Jazz at the Pawnshop. and is well known as one of the finest Jazz recordings of the 20th century? what are your...
  22. daza152

My PD-272 Luxman Turntable is All I've known......

Hey guys just a quick question....AS above this turntable is the only one I've ever had, if you discount my mum and dads Thorn stereo with built in record player I used when I was 10 playing 7" singles. So my question is would I notice the difference is sound quality on a higher end table? my...
  23. daza152

I Want To Build My First Turntable....Help!!

Hey guys I've been collecting vinyl seriously for many many years and have only now found myself wanting to build a turntable. I would like to start off with something simple, I am ok with electrics but not what I would call a rockstar Electronic wizz. I can follow step by step photo images of...
  24. daza152

Lorde's New Album Melodrama!! Are You Getting It?

Hey guys NZ Artist Lorde has released her second album which debuted at no.1 on the US Billboard and will have to wait till 11th of August for it to be released on vinyl here in NZ. Her first was a huge success with Pure Heroin with hits like Royals, and Tennis Court. Just saying have a look in...
  25. daza152

Torn Between the Last Remaster or Original Pressings???

Hey guys do you ever find yourself in a situation like this not knowing which one to choose? Some of you probably have both.....some would agree justy get the cheapest copy.....but for me as I don't want to have a collection I can never to listen to all I have so I'll just settle for one copy of...
Back
Top Bottom