Search results

1. HIFIVINYL15

Sony STR 4800SD

It's actually capt. Morgan 100 proof, and I know exactly where it is haha :beer: and yeah these things look great, excellent styling. On reflection I think the tuner is not faded, one side has a green bulb (which I think is stock) and the other has a yellow one. I think that's why the left...
  2. HIFIVINYL15

Sony STR 4800SD

Pics :D Thorough cleaning and now she's all set to go, found a new 12V5W bulb for the signal strength/tuning lights and they glow nicely, seems as though the green tint on the tuner screen has faded where it is close to the light, interesting. A couple pots are bent but they turn smoothly. Also...
  3. HIFIVINYL15

Sony STR 4800SD

What exactly do you need to replace between the chip and heat sink? Could you clarify? Also what are the symptoms of the STK going sour? Thanks!
  4. HIFIVINYL15

Sony STR 4800SD

I Just picked up one of these guys locally for 20 big ones, got it running through my Kenwood KL-333s, I've tried the FM tuner, which sounded wonderful, and I'm currently running my Realistic TR-882 8-track player through it. Sounds great, I think my run of bad luck with picking up these older...
  5. HIFIVINYL15

Sansui Model 2000 issues

Okay, yeah I'm probably going to just try to deoxit everything again just for the hell of it I guess. I have no delusions of being able to successfully re-cap this thing. I don't even have a service manual. I just wish there was somebody near me (Blacksburg, VA) who could do it. Since it was...
  6. HIFIVINYL15

Sansui Model 2000 issues

Thanks for the replies! I finally had some time to double check things today... It's really quite the mystery, fitting for an episode of house almost. I believe that the headphones are also affected, it's just harder to tell, it's not as pronounced as it is when listening through speakers. I...
  7. HIFIVINYL15

Sansui Model 2000 issues

It's just the straight model 2000, the first version of the 2000 to come out: http://vintageelectronics.betamaxcollectors.com/sansuistereoreceivermodel2000.html (there are some really good pics here). The unit looks to be in excellent shape. The guy who gave it to me said he hadn't used it in s...
  8. HIFIVINYL15

Sansui Model 2000 issues

Any speakers hooked up to the left side speaker jacks are way too quiet. I think it does this a little regardless of what is playing through the receiver (tuner, phono, etc) but it is especially noticeable with the turntable. With the headphones both channels sound pretty much equal volume. I've...
  9. HIFIVINYL15

Does anyone know anything about the sherwood s-9500c?

I think I will put it up until I get some cash or find a decent place to get it done around here, thanks for the advice. It means something to me having been in my family for years and reminding me of my favorite vacation spot and all, so I don't want to see it become un-repairable. How do I...
  10. HIFIVINYL15

Okay, well let's say being a college lad that I don't exactly have money lying around to ship this off, have it gone through, and get it back... at least not right now. Is there any danger to my apartment (fire hazard?) or the amp itself to continue running it until I save some money from my...
  11. HIFIVINYL15

JVC integrated amp opinions

I've got a JVC rx-750v, I think that it's a very nice receiver, plenty loud and clear enough for me, even hooked up through mismatched sets of thrift store speakers. It's served me well for more than 6 years now, and when I was in my teens living at home I would blast the hell out of it. Still...
  12. HIFIVINYL15

Yes it makes sense... But It's hard to tell exactly where the power wire goes on this bad boy. I have attached some photos (she's pretty eh?). I believe there are two black caps that are to the left of the transformer, they are hooked up to the two square resistors. Are these what I should be...
  13. HIFIVINYL15

Brian- I agree with you that this amp is excellent! Has a really warm tube-y tone to it that I haven't heard in many other solid state amps. Would you ever consider selling the 3300 tuner that you do not use? Or is it a firm part of your sherwood collection? Let me know if I am out of line in...
  14. HIFIVINYL15

Oh, additional: Sometimes when the amp is on and nothing's playing through it the speakers will pop, almost like when you switch it on. Is this indicative of a capacitor issue? Is there any risks running it the way it is or do i need to get it serviced? Thanks.
  15. HIFIVINYL15

Wow it has been awhile! I just wanted to update now, I am 6 years older, we have sold the cottage where this receiver was, and I inherited it. I'm using it in my college apartment now with my dual-606 tt my roommate's parents gave me. The only problem it's given me is the pre-amp adjustment also...
  16. HIFIVINYL15

c'mon now! it doesn't look that bad, does it?

That sure is a nice amp, what kind of basses do you own to justify the sweet sweet vintage ampeg sound:guitar:?
  17. HIFIVINYL15

Black Tide/ Light From Above

I bought the light from above. Its an awesome album. I Think the best track may be the epic "Warriors of Time." These guys have a very melodic thrash sound to them... IF I have used my metal terms correctly here. They remind me of my own band being so young and all.
  18. HIFIVINYL15

80's Music Quiz

25.... too young lol
  19. HIFIVINYL15

Your best back-to-back vinyl tracks /or cd

The VInes: Autumn Shade into Outtathaway off of the Highly evolved album. Queen: We Will Rock you into We are the Champions... What a pair, gets slightly tiresome though. The Beatles: Sgt. Peppers lonely hearts club band into with a little help from my friends.
  20. HIFIVINYL15

Any Black Keys Fans?

I love the black keys. Probably the greatest blues-rock band out there today, and they record on old school lo-fi equipment. My favorite album so far is rubber factory. They sound like they have bass on this new album... or at least some of it. I wonder if the guitarist dubbed it in or if...
  21. HIFIVINYL15

Anyone here collect older electric guitars?

I bought a Tempo 60's/70's bass guitar MIJ for 100 shipped. THe guy claimed it had mojo. Turned out that mojo meant a fretboard that was peeling off, a broken tuner, and holes in the body. Well, I fixed it, sold it, and haven't bought another since... Although I do own a 79' peavey t-40...
  22. HIFIVINYL15

Simon or Garfunkel

I like Art Garfunkel's stuff better as well, sorry paul...
  23. HIFIVINYL15

Anyone Ever Heard of The Peaces?

Thanks man! Hey thats really cool that your kids play, and practicing is definitely great advice. I love to hear about younger kids learning to play instruments. I wish I had started playing bass when I was 12... Woulda been shreddin by now:). But yeah I definitely love doing the whole band...
  24. HIFIVINYL15

hey guys/gals, we threw a couple new tracks up on myspace recently and I am working on more as we speak. We got about 12 roughly hammered out, but now I just need to tighten the screws and dub in some vocals. Check em' out and let me know what you think. BTW who else is in a band around here? I...
  25. HIFIVINYL15

Sweet deal Carl, anyone who has checked us out, let me know any feedback or advice you may have for us. Right now the band would like to hear some feedback from the audience instead of just the feedback from our amps :)
Back
Top Bottom