Search results

1. B

Pioneer CT-F7171 Pinch rollers/ idler rollers

I've got all the idlers for a CT-F7272 (I think they are the same) you can have if you send me your address. I just did mine and bought the parts in bulk so I literally have a dozen extras. No pinch rollers though.
  2. B

Idler tire - Pioneer CT-F650

Those are the ones.
  3. B

Where to get calibration cassettes?

I have 3 old Pioneer cassette decks in various stages of repair. I'm getting good at the mechanical stuff, belts and tires etc., but at least one of them needs a re-cap. I'm not even going to start if I won't be able to calibrate it when I'm done. I have access to multi-meters and scopes but...
  4. B

Idler tire - Pioneer CT-F650

I used the square profile rings from McMaster in my Pioneer CT-F7272. They worked great. The size difference is probably not a problem but also consider that your originals are metric. McMaster has metric sizes, keep scrolling down the list. If you can't find the exact size try the closest...
  5. B

CT-F9191 recap??

You're right, I was thinking of the 9R. Bit by the Pioneer numbering system again. Your CT-9 is beautiful, good luck!
  6. B

CT-F9191 recap??

Not the same thing at all, the 9191 is 70s vintage with silver front and analog meters, the 9 is 80s vintage with gold front and LED meters. As far as the recap goes my opinion (for what it's worth) is if it ain't broke don't fix it.
  7. B

Tape deck wont forward but it will reverse

I just replaced the idler tires on my Pioneer deck to get the FF and reverse working properly. Sometimes you can get away with simply applying a rubber restorer to the parts you have.
  8. B

Need help with a Pioneer CT-F7272

Update: New idler tires did the trick. I couldn't find the right size at any of the sites that advertised idler tires so I used a rubber seal from McMaster Carr with the same dimensions and it worked perfect. A pack of 25 was about ten bucks, if anyone needs any let me know.
  9. B

Idler tire! Now I know what I need and the proper name for it, thank you!
  10. B

I'm trying to wake up a CT-F7272 that's been sitting around. I've cleaned it, changed the belts and applied a rubber conditioner to the various rubber rollers. Everything works great except the rewind. It works when there is no tape in there but when a cassette is in it the added drag is too...
  11. B

One channel works, one channel humms

Fixed New STK chip did the trick. Many thanks to Stereo_type and 2chanman for the help. I found replacement chips priced from $8 to $54. I went with the $8 job from FPIE Electronics in Mount Dora, FL and it works great. If it doesn't last I'll spend more next time. My new garage system is...
  12. B

It's either Stairway to Heaven or Pour Some Sugar On Me. If I can't fix it I'll have to shoot it....
  13. B

62'ish 8802 and ethical problems

Build a super cool guitar amp! Full disclosure: this response comes from a guitar player....
  14. B

Correct. The original fuse was blown, the replacement fuse has not blown, nor did it improve the situation. I've ordered a replacement STK module. To power up I plug it into the wall outlet and press the ON switch. Should I be using a variac to bring voltage up slowly?
  15. B

Optonica SA-5205 receiver that I would like to get working again. There was one blown fuse, replacement didn't help. The two largest caps, I think they are in the power supply, test good. There are two STK084 Power Amplifiers, I don't know if they are good or not. I'm not an experienced...
  16. B

Onkyo TA-630D speed problems

I posed this question in the tape section with little response. The unit has fresh belts but the motor runs very slow and even grinds to a halt during rewind. Do I need a new motor, or should I be looking at the drive circuit? Voltage measured at the motor is 10.3 to 10.8 volts. If I need a...
  17. B

Not for the capstan. With the cover off I can see the motor slow down, and even come to a stop during rewind.
  18. B

Just completed a belt change (my first attempt at cassette deck service) because the old ones were gum. It looked like it would work great until I put a cassette in and the motor slowed way down after a few seconds (several tapes were tried). Rewind is really bad - the motor actually slows to...
  19. B

SE Wisconsin jumping in

This site is just what I've been looking for. As a kid in the 70's, I thought those big receivers and speakers were the ultimate. I currently have a mostly Pioneer system, but about half my stuff needs work, which I would like to do myself. I have experience with guitars and guitar amps, but...
Back
Top Bottom