Search results

1. jdazey

Seattle Area Repair Shop

Hello Everybody, My MC 2155 had a problem with one channel dropping out. I searched AK for a Seattle area repair shop and found Audio Elite Technician. I gave Randy a call, dropped my MC off at his shop, and picked it up a week later working perfectly. Randy did a great job at a very...
  2. jdazey

CD player repair shop recommendations?

This is my first post here, so I hope this is the appropriate forum. I bought my son a Cambridge Audio cd player a couple of years ago. Now it's acting up. Does anyone recommend a repair shop in the Washington DC or Baltimore areas? Thanks, Joe
  3. jdazey

Running a MAC1900 as a preamp

Yup. I asked because my Mac 1700 did not have that option, and I didn't see it in the specs for the Mac 1900. It sounds like you have it covered.
  4. jdazey

Running a MAC1900 as a preamp

Does your 1900 have pre-outs? Joe
  5. jdazey

MC2155 Meter

In my first post to the McForum, I want to say thank you to everybody. I've gotten a lot of help here. Most recently a search of the forum led to the solution to the lazy meter on my MC2155. Disconnecting and reconnecting the wire connector from the meter to the circuit board did the job. While...
  6. jdazey

Kirkstaeter speakers?

Uhhh, I think those 260s could find a home in my living room:yes: I don't know of any Kirksaeters with horns. I had my woofers refoamed without any problem. Let us know if you find out more about the Kirksaeters in Helena. Depending on model and price, they could be a real score. Probably...
  7. jdazey

Kirkstaeter speakers?

All the Kirksaeters I've seen have cones.
  8. jdazey

Kirkstaeter speakers?

Amadeus 122 I had a pair of Kirksaeter Amadeus 122 towers as part of the best system I've had so far. Paired with a Mac 1700 they were excellent. Paired with an Optonica SA5151 receiver (85wpc), they were pretty bright although not as harsh as some Fortes I auditioned. In a moment of weakness...
  9. jdazey

MX 113 from Walker (wajobu)

I bought Walker's MX 113. It's beautiful and sounds great. Even my wife is impressed. This is the best job of packing I have seen. He should be giving lessons to Fedex, et al. He kept me informed every step of the way, provided instructions for reassembly and even include an allen wrench to...
  10. jdazey

What's your opinion of the Optonica line of audio products?

Sa 5151 I have an Optonica SA 5151 (85 wpc) receiver that's quite good. Good enough that I keep looking for more Optonica gear. I also have a Mac 1700. With some speakers (Sonrise), the Optonica sounds better. I had an ST 3636 for a short time. It was an eBay purchase that suffered in...
  11. jdazey

What kind of deal can we work out for 356, 791, 617, and 557? $25? Also, I'm brand new to this...

What kind of deal can we work out for 356, 791, 617, and 557? $25? Also, I'm brand new to this vintage record business and don't have much clue about the grading. Is there some kind of Vintage Vinyl 101? Thanks, Joe
  12. jdazey

jdazey

Greetings AKers, After lurking a while, I find myself getting a bit more involved, so it's time for a quick intro before I rush off to buy some records that are listed in the barter forum. I tend to look for gear that I vaguely remember being regarded as good 40 years ago. I also have...
  13. jdazey

Hello Drkoce, I spotted you post asking about a pair of HLX speakers made by your father's...

Hello Drkoce, I spotted you post asking about a pair of HLX speakers made by your father's company. I just found a pair in what seem to be in decent condition at a local thrift store for not much. Let me know if you'd like me to follow up on them. Joe
Back
Top Bottom