Search results

1. soundbound

Joined the Klipsch Club Today

Congratulations. Enjoy.
  2. soundbound

Am I the only one who does this?

I’ve spent a lot of time repairing, researching, restoring and building and learned a good amount from them, but I make sure I spend more time listening. Vintage audio can especially be time consuming.
  3. soundbound

I found this cool RCA box. What was it for?

I don’t know what it’s originally designed to store, but it’s a neat wood box that I’d find a purpose for.
  4. soundbound

Who inspired you?

My dad didn’t bother much. It’s good many had dads, family and others who taught them. I grew up poor. If you had something that broke repairing it was your limited option, so I taught myself how to repair items and asked for and found broken items that I was sometimes able to repair and built a...
  5. soundbound

Tubes vs solid state observations

I have some good tube components that I enjoy, they have their specialness, but prefer SS for serious listening.
  6. soundbound

Soldering Smoke Observation

As I get older and my sight weakens even wearing glasses I put my face closer to what I’m soldering.
  7. soundbound

My Restored La Scala are finally home (before and after pics )

Great job. Beautiful La Scalas. Congratulations. Enjoy. How do the La Scala compare to the Altec 19? Did you sell your Altec 19 speakers and if so why?
  8. soundbound

My recent DIY speakers and stands

Thank you. Your $0.02 worth is good advice. I thought about painting the stand hardware black and still might. I have no plans to bolt the stands onto a pair of subs. You’re also right about speaker building and tweaking and it’s educational, fun and satisfying too.
  9. soundbound

Thank you! I’ll go there and learn.
  10. soundbound

You’re right about that and I may try that. I also have a bunch of sizes of drivers I can try to make some open baffles with. Can you give me any basic advice, or a place to get some information to get started? I don’t have any experience with them and it would be good to get close to an...
  11. soundbound

Thank you.
  12. soundbound

Exterior cleaning with Dawn,micro fiber and Windex / with pics

Great job! Thank you for sharing.
  13. soundbound

Just built some simple speakers

You did good. Enjoy.
  14. soundbound

Thank you and I plan on doing an open baffle and like your idea.
  15. soundbound

I feel the 8 incher sounds really good on its own, especially considering its very low cost. The cabinet and port is designed for it and cabinets are braced well, so that helps. I’m especially surprised how good it reproduces bass, but I’ve read some feels it falls short there. I wanted a low...
  16. soundbound

Thank you.
  17. soundbound

Thank you.
  18. soundbound

What attracted you to Klipsch?

When I listened to a pair of Klipschorns.
  19. soundbound

Super La Scala

Well done! Their owners are very fortunate!
  20. soundbound

These are my recent DIY speakers and stands I built. The 8” full range speakers are https://www.parts-express.com/GRS-8FR-8-Full-Range-8-Speaker-Pioneer-Type-B20FU20-51FW-292-430?quantity=1 and the tweeters are some 3” cone tweeters I had with a 3.3uf capacitor. I put a switch on the back of the...
  21. soundbound

Talk about stage presence . . . and then some!

You have your speakers positioned correctly giving you good imaging. Hearing music in that way is the best. Enjoy.
  22. soundbound

Has Anyone Reassembled a Stereo From His/Her Youth?

I bought some stereo items again that I had in my younger days that I felt sounded good then, but discovered they don’t sound good compared to what I have now.
  23. soundbound

I hate repairs- do you?

I like repairing and restoring audio components, and building; speakers, speaker stands, subwoofers, audio shelves. I have some electronics education, enjoy woodworking, and enjoy live music and listening on stereos. It’s satisfying to me to listen to things I repaired, restored, and especially...
Back
Top Bottom