Search results

1. elroymcgee

I am back on the saddle baby!!!

what he said! elroy
  2. elroymcgee

Vandersteen 2 Speakers Not 2C

I have heard both and do in fact own a set of 2c's, and IMOP will kick the sound listening pleasure up a notch over the 810's elroy
  3. elroymcgee

HPM-100's or ADS L810

Too bad all the links for the pictures were edited out. they were pretty cool.
  4. elroymcgee

Best Live Recordings...

Neil Diamond with "Hot August Nights II"
  5. elroymcgee

Dahlquist DQ-10 questions

There was a similar thread a couple weeks ago, why dont you try and find it, it will probably answer most of your questions. elroy
  6. elroymcgee

ADS L-810 or Vandy 2Ce or Audes Blues?

hopefully in May, we will get a nice little review with a bunch of different sets of speaks down in vancouver at KFA's. Will have a set of Vandersteen 2c's, AR9's, magnepans and probably a few more. will definetely have a post party.
  7. elroymcgee

Vandersteen 2c's Long Beach, CA (cl)

I dont know if it is high or not, I really like mine. They sound great. seems like a decent price with the stands. From what I have heard you will need to get a flashlight and take a look at the mids to see if the foams have rotted. but i really like them and they look pretty nice for the "WAF"...
  8. elroymcgee

Sansui 1000A

I've got one that I just moved out, into the garage. its a very smooth sounding amp. I didnt think it does digital very well, but does analog and re-mastered very well. I could always bring mine down in may when we demo the speaks
  9. elroymcgee

A Little Help Here, Please...........

I let your doc know all your symptoms, and express how important having a straight pencil every now and then. There are quite alot of aoi inhibitors on the market that do a the same thing but have different side effects, I think your doc has probably had this come up before "pun intended" and...
  10. elroymcgee

HPM-100 -vs- ADS L-810

oh, I guess its settled then.
  11. elroymcgee

HPM-100 -vs- ADS L-810

all of us havent settled that little point of contention. vancouver? Graham?
  12. elroymcgee

HPM-100 -vs- ADS L-810

wait till karma hears our opinion on your maggies and my vandersteen's in may
  13. elroymcgee

HPM-100 -vs- ADS L-810

hate to say it, but the ar1 did sound better, just my opinion, all the speakers in the house sounded better, although some sounded waaayy better and others were just a little bit better. I think KFA listed his preference in a specific order of how they sounded and I personally agree with that...
  14. elroymcgee

Audes "Excellence" anyone? v ADS L-810s?

I think it can happen, hopefully in the next couple months or so, another get together might be just what this forum needs.
  15. elroymcgee

I know that we could fit in a smoke test with the 810's also, might be kinda fun.
  16. elroymcgee

I hope to get the vandy's going against the ar9's I think that would be very interesting for two similar classed type speakers to go head to head. Might have to drag the boxes out and get them over to dingus' place and give it a listen.
  17. elroymcgee

Any PC gamers here?

Used to play Ghost Recon a lot, there is a huge amount of mods that are pretty cool the kept the game going for all these yearrs, been waiting for GR 3 to come out. just finished Farcry, pretty good game except for the save options. Gonna try Rainbow six lockdown, when i get some more cash...
  18. elroymcgee

Kenwood Integrated Amp Comparson: KA-8300 vs KA-8100

Man I was hoping someone would sound off on your thread, I recently acquired an 8100, and like it a lot. hopefully someone here has heard them both and will chime in.
  19. elroymcgee

Who remembers when?

This is what I tell my kids " I walked to school barefoot in the snow uphill both ways" They look sideways at me and say "are you going to drive us to school or do I have to take the bus"
  20. elroymcgee

Best speakers for under $500 and $1000 ! ! !

I got a set of vandersteen 2c's, for $400, in mint condition, they are a very nice sounding speaker IMOP. and they look nice also. elroy
  21. elroymcgee

cubdog's DQ10s

I've seen those speakers, never heard, and I have read some reviews saying that they are awesome, but the only thing I have heard is that you need some power to play them, i have had a couple chances to buy a set for about $300, but I am running 75wpc and under. so the question is, do you need...
  22. elroymcgee

HPM-100 -vs- ADS L-810

Ok so that may have been a pretty harsh statement, but watching the guys when they were sitting in the sweet spot, dingus would switch the speakers from A to B and there was a definite in your face, bright, crystal, whatever it was, and charivari and kfa would kringe with the rest of us. so...
  23. elroymcgee

HPM-100 -vs- ADS L-810

Actually the low end wasnt the problem, it actually wasnt too bad, we even turned the speaker tone control down 5db on the high end and it was still very very much in your face so to speak. We did not try any heavy metal, and the hpm's might work well with that style of music.
  24. elroymcgee

HPM-100 -vs- ADS L-810

there was a little bit of trying to change the speaker grills out to try to swipe the 810's but dingus did not let them get out of his site. with charivari's hard negotiation tactics regarding the hpm's, they still didnt make it in kelly's white van. The thing that was kinda interesting...
Back
Top Bottom