Search results

1. albowlly

JBL 4648A-8/4638TH

These were listed locally and I couldn't pass them up for the price ($380). There is also an external JBL crossover that I didn't get a picture of. I think I have found a use for my DBX BX-1 monster amp. Now I have to figure out where this is going to happen.
  2. albowlly

Nakamichi 500

I passed on this three times over a period of several weeks at a local vendor mall but couldn't pass in the end. It starts playing then kicks out after 5/10 seconds. I'm going to give it a good cleaning and see what happens.
  3. albowlly

Gates CB 1200: My new 78 sled.

I picked this up from a local radio station today. I'm going to use it in my mono 78 setup. It just needs a little spit and polish, a stylus, and a plinth. I should have it up and running by early next week. I had it's big brother the CB 500 a few years ago but it was just too big.
  4. albowlly

Unidentified Upright Bass

I recently saved/salvaged this from a derelict building. It obviously had come into contact with a bit of moisture. It is a plywood bass with no markings other than a label on the inside of the back with "No. 211" as best as I can make out through a magnifying glass. I wouldn't have bothered if...
  5. albowlly

Heathkit AA-10

I finally ran across a second AA-10 to match the one I found three years ago. I had the first one checked out by the tech that recapped my W5M pair and he said that it had some sloppy soldier joints but was usable as is. The new one was tested by the seller so I went ahead and hooked them up...
  6. albowlly

I think I'll build a couple of Guitars

It's been probably 15 years since I built any instruments but the time is right to resurrect a former passion. I've been building an arts and crafts house for the better part of a decade and have just about wrapped up most of the major work. I needed a change of direction and setting up a new...
  7. albowlly

Triumph/Indian Posters

I got a tip from a friend that a long defunct motorcycle shop had been cleaned out and the contents put to the side of the road. I pulled several boxes of manuals, parts lists, and dealer promotional items from the pile. The period covered is mid fifties to early seventies. Brands represented...
  8. albowlly

Ads 910

Checked in on the pawn shop that I saw a pair of 910s in last year and they are still there. Asking price is $800. On the high side but they sure look nice. They are complete with the stands.
  9. albowlly

Heath W-5Ms singing again

I picked up the first one (R) at an estate sale and added the second one to round out the pair. Since I'm not handy in this realm, I had them professionally restored. I have one good pair of KT66s but currently am running a quad of 7581As. Thorens TD 160 and Bozak 302 Urbans round out the...
  10. albowlly

Peerless Transformer ID

I'm looking for a match to my Heathkit W5M with the 16458 transformer. One is for sale but the decal is missing from the side of the Peerless transformer. Is there a physical size difference, or any other distinguishing feature, in the 16309 and the 16458 that could be used to determine which...
  11. albowlly

Heathkit AA-10 vs. W5M

I have a single of each of these and want to find a match for one or both. I've read extensively about the W5M and know it would be worthy of a proper restoration. There is very little out there about the AA-10 (nothing in the AK archives). It's an EL34 amp that is rated at 35 watts. I found...
  12. albowlly

Gates Amps (and one other)

Pulled these from an attic storage space yesterday. Not sure if they go with the Gates CB500 transcription turntable i got from the same room last week or not. The one picture that I've seen of a CB500 cabinet with it's amp shows an amp similar in size but with a different tube layout. They...
  13. albowlly

Gates CB 500

New acquisition. I'm trying to work through a few problems to get this thing working properly. On/off, speed selector, and motor/idler drive all function properly. The arm is not balanced and lists to the left. The service manual on vinyl engine does not even show an arm much less details of...
  14. albowlly

Mystery Amp: Need help with ID

Nice looking amp but there is no identification anywhere to be found.
  15. albowlly

Celebration of Life Documentary

I was there! We went in a '61 Corvair 95 truck and had a parachute set up over it to keep us out of the blazing sun. The one night we saw music it consisted, to the best of my memory, of The Chambers Brothers, Chuck Berry, and Bloodrock. The documentary is in limited release on cable tv in...
  16. albowlly

KLH Model 24: the return

This was my first stereo. I bought it used from Steve in 1971 and it served me well through the college years and a little beyond. Steve bought it new in 1969 and I thought he deserved to have it back. It has distortion in the left channel but otherwise functions. Steve plans on having it...
  17. albowlly

Audio Technica ATN155LC Stylus Purchase

Took the leap a week ago to purchase a genuine original stylus from stereoneedles.com for $179.00. Received the well packed package today and upon opening a decidedly non original looking plastic box, realized that there is no stylus on the plastic carrier body. Nothing! I called the number on...
  18. albowlly

Jbl 4411

Just purchased these because they were for sale :). I knew from the pictures that one woofer was not original which was a good leverage point in the price negotiation. I could tell it was possibly JBL but couldn't confirm it until they were in my possession. Turns out it is a 128H-1 (right...
  19. albowlly

HK Citation I/II/III

No affiliation http://jackson.craigslist.org/ele/4036821790.html
  20. albowlly

RIP Stevie Blailock

I lost a friend this past week under unfathomable circumstances. Stevie shot and killed his wife and then himself in Houston. He was 69 and in failing health having had a liver transplant a year or so ago. He was the best guitar player to come out of these parts, never achieving fame but...
  21. albowlly

Phillips 212 Electronic

A new edition to the basement. Picked it up this weekend at an estate sale. The new belt arrived today and it seems to be fully functional but will need a little tweaking. Stanton 680EE!
  22. albowlly

Onkyo m 506 rs (big meters)

Nice looking Onkyo on Jackson Ms. CL. No affiliation. http://jackson.craigslist.org/ele/3659097248.html
  23. albowlly

DCM ID needed

I ran across these in a pawn shop today. Not sure what model they are, but DCM seems to get a lot of love on AK. Priced at $149 for the pair. Worth it?
  24. albowlly

Hafler P125

I spotted a clean Hafler Pro 125 power amp in the back of a new thrift. The girl said that they haven't priced it yet. There isn't much info on the net about this. Anyone have any knowledge of value or experience with this amp?
  25. albowlly

CL mystery speakers

Interesting looking mystery speakers on Hattiesburg CL. No affiliation. http://hattiesburg.craigslist.org/ele/2743442762.html I called for more info but got voice mail. Anyone recognize them?
Back
Top Bottom