Search results

1. stushug

Boston Acoustic A100's need new speaker clothe

I have a pair of BA A100's that I would like to replace the grill cloth. I'm not sure how to separate the two plastic pieces of the frames without breaking them. Anyone done this before?
  2. stushug

FIRE RESTORATION

Hi guys, I had a fire at my home this past weekend. The house is totaled, but in a (maybe) slight bit of luck, the areas where all of my vintage stereo equipment was there was no fire damge, only water and smoke. I'm trying to find out if my stuff can be salvaged. As far as I know it got wet...
  3. stushug

Need new idler tire for Atari 410 Program Cassette Recorder

This is technically only used with older Atari computers, but it is still a cassette recorder. My problem is I need a new idler tire for the spindle that drives the takeup wheel in play mode.The original tire has a worn spot on it that looks like the capstan was spinning but something was...
  4. stushug

Thorens TD-125 MKii grounding problem

I have a TD-125 that seems to have a ground problem. It had been sitting for years, so I replaced the worn drive belt, and purchased the motor knock repair kit from Vinyl Nirvana. I also replaced the broken connecting wires between the cartridge and the headshell. I checked the connections on...
  5. stushug

Velodyne ULD-12 Subwoofer works intermittently

I have this subwoofer that I bought used about 11 years ago from a friend. It always seemed to have a loose connection at the RCA plug on the speaker itself. The speaker always worked, but if you bumped the wire at the RCA plug it seemed to loose contact for a second and you'd get a "bump" from...
  6. stushug

Marantz 2220 volume pot problem

The volume pot on my 2220 is very scratchy. I have cleaned it multiple times with Deoxit and had minimal success. I need to open it up and physically clean the wipers and the pads they contact. I was able to remove the rear cover buy simply bending out the four tabs holding it and clean the...
  7. stushug

Denon AV-3808ci no video output

I have a Denon 3808ci that I've owned since new, about 11 years. Just yesterday, everything was fine then suddenly there was no video. I turned off everything, waited about a minute and turned everything back on. I had video back, but it only lasted about two minutes then no video again. I...
  8. stushug

Sharp RT-3388 all lamps just went out. Deck still works though

I'm working on a Sharp RT-3388 cassette deck. All of a sudden, the meter lamps and the light behind the tape stopped working. The lamps that light the digital LCD have been burned out for quite a while and have never affected the other lamps so I doubt it has anything to do with them. I can't...
  9. stushug

Pioneer CT-F2121 autostop problem

My CT-F2121 has just started to have a problem. The autostop function shuts the deck off randomly for no reason. I cleaned and lubed the transport, replaced the belts and tires with a kit from WJoe, and even replaced the motor with a new NOS unit. The manual describes the autostop process as...
  10. stushug

1946 Magnavox Console AM Tube Radio

I'm working on my old Maggie radio, chassis number CR-198D and it needs an alignment. I was told that the two biggest items I would need would be a tone-modulated RF signal generator and output meter. I think I found a generator that would be good for my purposes, but I would like some opinions...
  11. stushug

Crown IC 150 output issue

Having a problem with a Crown IC 150 preamp. It has a lower output on the right channel. I'd estimate about 50% of the left channel. Any ideas of what to check? Thanks in advance!
  12. stushug

Crown DC 150A

My friend is working on a Crown D-150A amp. It powers on, but there is no output on either channel. Where is the best place to start? Thanks in advance!
  13. stushug

Phase Linear 2000 Series I Preamp

I have a PL 2000 preamp and I just noticed that when I have it in mono mode, and turn the balance all the way to either right or left I get no output at all. This isn't normal, is it? When it's in stereo, the balance works perfectly. The switched are clean and pots are clean, I just cleaned...
  14. stushug

KLH Model 21 FM only table radio transformer problem

I just picked up this radio, and the transformer is dead. Anyone know where to source a replacement?
  15. stushug

Pioneer SX-590 Stereo indicator light

I'm working on a SX-590 (same as the SX-580, with a black dial). In FM tuning the stereo light comes on when I tune to a stereo broadcast like it should. The receiver has a combination FM muting/mono switch.My question is that when I turn off the FM muting the stereo light stays on. The receiver...
  16. stushug

Crown FM1 OWNER'S/USER'S manual wanted

I'm looking for the owner's manual for a Crown FM1 tuner, all that I can find online are service manuals. This is for an older gentleman that is a very good friend. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I posted this in the wrong forum please relocate it, Mods!
  17. stushug

Pioneer TX-9500 II power supply issue

I have a TX-9500 II with a bad PA2002 IC. Anyone know of a source or a replacement? Thanks guys!
  18. stushug

Realistic STA-2100D power issue

I'm working on a STA-2100D on which the dial lights never go off. I checked the safety cap and it's not that, but it looks like someone cut two leads on the switch one red and on white, then capped the wires together away from the switch. Is that the problem? I've heard these power switches on...
  19. stushug

Infinity SM-82 Speakers distort at very low volume

I just got a pair of SM-82's that needed the woofers re-foamed. I did that and hooked them to one of my receivers. I noticed that they were sounding fairly distorted as I turned up the volume. Once I got to about 3 of 4, they cleaned up and sounded fine. They sound fine until the volume gets...
  20. stushug

Marantz Model 24

I've got a Model 24 that has been recapped and serviced about 1 1/2 years ago. All of a sudden, there is static (sounds like white noise) in the left channel. It occurs on all inputs, and doesn't vary with the volume. It is even there when the volume is at zero. I had someone look at it and he...
  21. stushug

Technics ST-Z400 Tuner

Hi guys, I recently picked up a Technics ST-Z400 tuner. It powers on and receives stations well on FM and AM but I don't think it's getting any FM stereo. Neither the stereo nor the Quartz lock light ever come on. They are both leds and I don't think either one of them are burnt out. Any ideas...
  22. stushug

Lafayette LR-1100 receiver stereo indicator lamp

I have a Lafayette LR-1100 receiver that was recapped and the tuner realigned professionally. I changed out the lamps for led's at the same time. Now, about 1 1/2 years later, the stereo indicator lamp is always on, no matter if it's tuned to a stereo station or not. It also stays on no matter...
  23. stushug

Grundig RTV 320u receiver

I'm having a problem with the power supply in my Grundig receiver. It keeps blowing the fuse and shutting down. I found that one of the diodes is bad, but I don't know what to replace it with. The diode is marked ESK 1/02. That's all that's on there, and I can't find any of these anywhere and I...
  24. stushug

BIC Formula 4 woofer re-cone

Hi guys, I'm looking for a re-cone kit for a pair of vintage BIC Formula 4 woofers. Anyone know of a source for a kit? Thanks.
  25. stushug

Sony TC-355 Reel to Reel

I have a TC-355 that functions in ff and rew but won't move in play. It looks to me like the pinch roller is too tight against the flywheel capstan but I don't see any way to adjust it. If I move it away from the flywheel post, the tape moves forward but at a speed that's way too fast. I know...
Back
Top Bottom