Search results

1. biggal76

Carver SD/A - 490t came today

I was looking something up and came across this old thread. I wound up buying some old USA military tubes for it shortly after I posted (I forget exactly what. I think some Philips JAN tubes) and they made a small improvement as well. It's not a groundbreaking upgrade from a good ss cd player...
  2. biggal76

Sansui P-M7 "Compu-Sense" technology question

Mine senses start and end of the record but does not sense different tracks. Basically operates as a full automatic turntable but without sensing the tracks. The screw on my cartridge assembly that is supposed to adjust where the sensors read is not working but I figure that probably isn't the...
  3. biggal76

Sansui P-L51 sensor problem

I've taken it out again to look at it. Thought I'd revive the question and see if anyone has any experience with Sansui linear trackers. I was able to find a service manual for it but if anyone is familiar with the way this unit's sensor works, please get in touch. Thanks.
  4. biggal76

Cool tip for restoring AR3a pots

WaynerN, Can you post the link to your thread? AK search function isn't working to even try to find it.
  5. biggal76

Cool tip for restoring AR3a pots

Has anyone ever tried replating the coils and wiper? Seems like a good option to keep original and restore proper functionality. I've tried cleaning/polishing all different ways, with small wire wheel, rubber polishing points and even packed with diaelectic grease (which didn't work well at...
  6. biggal76

Mcintosh Cabinet identification game!

screw holes are in different locations on front and bottom panels.
  7. biggal76

Mcintosh Cabinet identification game!

I have one. opening is 14 1/8" x 4 1/4". Edges are all 1", so outside dimensions are 16 1/8 x 6 1/4. I bought it because the seller said it would fit my C11 (and also said would fit C20, MR55, and MR66). It doesn't fit my C11. I should have returned it but would have been out quite a bit on...
  8. biggal76

Troubleshoot SX 1280 power supply

Thanks. I've broken many a watch in my day so will leave the meters alone
  9. biggal76

I feel like an idiot asking for help on this. It wound up being bad connection to main fuse. Powered up and running. At least now I have and understand the DBT! While I have techs who know this unit, I have 2 questions 1) One of the power meters (even when off) reads a little lower. Any way...
  10. biggal76

deleted as was incomplete
  11. biggal76

Yes, you must have missed the previous post
  12. biggal76

DBT built and working. Here is photo of my filter cap install. Solder connections are solid-I screwed the screws in tight and sanded them lightly prior to soldering. I can tug hard and they are on good. I have continuity all the way from the blade of the AC plug through the thermal...
  13. biggal76

Point taken. I'm going to Home Depot shortly to get what I need. Is unplugging power amps and unhooking filter caps to keep current draw down so that 60W lightbulb is sufficient to divert the current? If not, my question is, how will a 60W or even a 100W bulb divert enough power from a monster...
  14. biggal76

The only tool I have is a multimeter. Don't have DBT or a scope. All fuses are good including the thermal fuse on the PS board. Transformer primaries tested as it should (.6ohms brown and white wires). Filter Ecaps tested to still have at least 20Kmfd capacitance (they are rated at 22K but my...
  15. biggal76

thermal fuse is 0 ohms, transformer (white and brown wires) are 0.6 ohm. inrush resistor 3.4 ohms. If the fuse inside the transformer was open, I'd have no circuit between the brown and white wire coming out of the transformer, right? Since these all check out, would something on the power...
  16. biggal76

Switched outlet works. It always helps to turn the switch on. I'm taking a break from this. Obviously my head is not in a good space this week.
  17. biggal76

What you said about the switch and switched outlets makes sense but would excess load cause failure of the switch? Should I try soldering a jumper wire between the red and white switch wires and see if it turns on when I plug it in?
  18. biggal76

No, just a multimeter. I'd really like to know how to test the relay or maybe bypass it and see if that's the problem. If someone happens to have one of these opened up on a bench, they could tell me what to test and what to expect from a good relay.
  19. biggal76

Actually, I just took a long shower and realized that if the relay on the PS board is not allowing anything past, the boards could not have shorted, so I probably didn't cause any further damage this time. The spark was where I shorted the white and red wires from the switch go on the back near...
  20. biggal76

Well, I got the bright idea to just bypass the switch to test it. Forgot that I had already unmounted the PS and protector boards. A cap on the PS board was in contact w a component on the protector board. Quick big boom/spark. Now I guess I need a PS board anyway. I hope that's where the...
  21. biggal76

Bob, I got email notification of your reply but for some reason your reply isn't on the thread...

Bob, I got email notification of your reply but for some reason your reply isn't on the thread so I thought I'd just PM you. Is it possible it's the TF-1 even though I get continuity through it? Is there any need to worry about the resistor that is above the thermal fuse? Thanks for your...
  22. biggal76

I won't say how it happened, but I was replacing filter caps in my 1280 and reversed polarity on 2 of them. I did not have the unit connected to speakers. I turned it on and it lit up for probably about 30 seconds and then went dark. There were no noises, smoke, or smell. Even the switched...
  23. biggal76

Sansui P-L51 sensor problem

Hi, I just picked up one of these units. Replaced the belt and cleaned and put some 3 in 1 oil to it and the mechanism now moves fine. It is able to que the start and stop of the record correctly, but the introskip function and function to skip to different tracks does not work. I know it is...
  24. biggal76

Need lamp housing 2325

What do you use for velum?
  25. biggal76

2325 lamp housing replacement

What do you use for your velum?
Back
Top Bottom