Search results

1. 67 grad

Mobile Eq App

I'm looking for an appropriate forum to ask about apps for eq on mobile devices. There are tons of them out there, but so far none that I've tried seem to make any difference. I'm looking for one that works on all audio output - headphone, Bluetooth (maybe not possible?) or external speakers...
  2. 67 grad

Subscription

Seems I used to see appeals and information on how to subscribe. I had a subscription at one time but let it lapse. I would like to re-subscribe but can't find how.
  3. 67 grad

Synchro Lab 95 Plinth

Anyone seen this plinth for a G-d Synchro Lab 95? It's gorgeous, solid walnut, early-mid '70's. No G-d logo.
  4. 67 grad

Technics SL-B10, P-mount cartridge vs 1/2" mount

Have an SL-B10 with an AT 403EP P-mount cart (with a third-party stylus replacement). I stumbled across an adapter on e-Bay to mount a 1/2" mount cart in a P-mount. I have an unused Shure M97xE that I would like to try. Any thoughts on whether these adapters work well, and which cart would be...
  5. 67 grad

HH Scott S-100

So I have a pair of HH Scott S-100s from Habitat ReStore - $25. Wouldn't have given them a second look, except I've been looking for some age-appropriate speakers to drive with my (bought new - '66) HH Scott 340B, which is still going strong, despite some power supply damage from a blown JJ 7591...
  6. 67 grad

Myrtle Beach AKers?

I'm not a new member, but new to the Myrtle Beach/Conway SC area, formerly from Western Maryland. I'm looking for AK members, audio activity and possibly a good technician for vintage equipment. Moved down here the end of September, in the middle of the "Storm Of The Millenium". Have finally got...
  7. 67 grad

Need Bose 901 Refoam

Looking for someone to refoam a pair of Bose 901 Series IV. Just don't have the patience to do it myself. Preferably near enough that I can deliver - don't want to ship them. I'm in western Maryland (Cumberland). Please send PM.
  8. 67 grad

Cart for SLl-B10

Can anyone recommend a hi-end P-mount cart for a Technics SL-B10, or is there even such an animal? Was there ever a hi-end P-mount cart? My B-10 (given to me) came with an AT 403EP and damaged stylus. I hurriedly got a generic stylus replacement - don't even know if it's conical or...
  9. 67 grad

Two shutouts - What's with that?

Well, having started 23 threads I've had varying response rates, some very good, and lots of useful information, but my two most recent threads ("Dyna A25 VS. A40XL and recap question" in Speakers and "R-1000 Load Limit" in Yamaha), both posted Mar. 15, got 0 responses, with 33 and 26 views...
  10. 67 grad

R-1000 load limit

I was disappointed to read in some fine print on the back of my GW-bought R-1000 that is has that caution limiting A+B speakers to 16 Ohms each = no less than an 8 ohm load. That seems a bit restrictive for a receiver of this magnitude. How critical is that limitation? I've actually been running...
  11. 67 grad

Dyna A25 VS. A40XL and recap question

Noting the big fan base of the A25, I'm wondering if anyone has done a good head-to-head comparison with the A40XL, which doesn't seem to get as much attention. I have A40XLs on one of which I replaced a tweeter in the mid-90s. They work OK, but I'm wondering about a recap now (I know at...
  12. 67 grad

Retro System

Though all of my gear is vintage, I wanted to set up something to showcase my Scott 340B - my first receiver ever, bought ca. '66. The "rack" turned up in front of a local liquor store, for 10 bucks. Inside width is 16.5", perfect for the Scott, with .5" clearance either side for the chassis...
  13. 67 grad

JVC AX-44 Jacks

Have a JVC AX-44 integrated amp, works fine. Haven't located a manual for it yet, but wondering if the RCA jacks on the rear labelled Remote Out and Remote In are actually preamp out and main ins. They're jumped thru the hot (center) contacts but not at the grounds. If they aren't...
  14. 67 grad

Pioneer H-99 8/track find

Never had any interest in 8-tracks, and never owned one, but I ran across a Pioneer H-R99 player/recorder at GW for $6 which looked nice, had good weight, & a friend of mine does have 8-track tapes, so I took it, thinking Christmas Present. I'd never seen a component-quality 8-track before. Had...
  15. 67 grad

Technics Fans: SL-B10 Worthy?

Neighbor gave me a Technics SL-B10, with an AT-403EP P-mount cart. The stylus was mangled, so I got a third-party replacement, just to have something workable. My main system TT is a Dual 1019 /Shure V15IV W/JICO SAS stylus, with which I'm very happy. I bought a similar Technics TT with...
  16. 67 grad

Identify Minuet speaker?

Trying to find more info on a pair of '70s speakers I have, identified only as Minuet on the back sticker. No badge on the front. When I got them, one tweeter was out. I went to my local shop (I have to do a separate post on this place sometime) to see if I could find anything close & after...
  17. 67 grad

HK 495i Receiver

Picked up Harman Kardon hk495i receiver at GW for $6 (the same time I got a Pioneer GR777 Equalizer for $8 - somebody in that great GW collection center in the sky always seems to know what I need) Anyway, I've Googled it on the web and on AK, picked up some info and the manual. Nothing to...
  18. 67 grad

Lazy Man's Recap

First of all, thanks to all the AKers who have provided the information necessary for me to work up the courage to recap my KLH 5s. Once I got inside the cabinets I found that things are not nearly as bad as I feared. I have the Dayton caps ordered from Parts Express, and they're on their way...
  19. 67 grad

Recap KLH 5s

There are a lot of posts out there about recapping KLH 5s so I'm trying to consolidate the information and links I need into one thread. I want to recap mine (or have my local tech do it, depending on the answers to my questions) bought new ca.1970. The tweets are out on both speakers, and I...
  20. 67 grad

Refoam without shims?

I know there are opinions on both sides of this question, and I don't want to start a controversy, so I'm not going to ask for opinions, but experience. Is there anyone out there (or do you know anyone), who has refoamed a speaker without shimming the voice coil, and regretted it? The thought...
  21. 67 grad

Refoam Nova 5s

I've read a lot of threads on refoaming, but have not tried it. Can someone point me to some details on refoaming the 8" woofers on a pair of RS Nova 5s? A friend gave them to me - they're mint except for the foam (and dust in those grilles - I think refoaming will be easier than cleaning that...
  22. 67 grad

Marantz timeline

I've looked at the site http://www.thevintageknob.org/MARANT...ZTIMELINE.html and don't see the 22xx line there. Are they considered "poor relatives" or something? Or maybe it's just my failing eyesight again... I have a 2245 myself. Just curious
  23. 67 grad

Optimus CD Changer

"OPTIMUS"! Sends chills up and down your spine, like "MCINTOSH", doesn't it? Well, maybe not quite...but I was looking for a CD changer for my wife to use, and this CD 7300 "Professional Series" (quotes mine) turned up at Goodwill with two six-disc magazines (magazines, not a turntable) for...
  24. 67 grad

Login Timeouts

OK, now that I'm a SUBSCRIBER!, is there a way to lengthen the login timeout period? I find that by the time I compose many of my posts, I need to login again to submit it (does that make sense?).:scratch2:
  25. 67 grad

Marantz 2245 drop-out

I have a 2245 receiver in which the signal drops out at low volume levels using the main amp. Acts like a bad volume pot, but doesn't happen using it as preamp only into my Adcom. It happens on both channels, but independently - that is one or the other channel might drop out at any given time...
Back
Top Bottom