Search results

1. S

SMAC April 2013

Had a great time as always listening to tunes with Jim, with the added bonus of meeting some great guys from SMAC! Thanks Jim for extending an invite to some guys from CAM. Cheers!
  2. S

Yamaha C-2 Volume Pot

It wasn't, I saw the can just did not take note of the product name. My tech is not an hack or some fly by nighter, but rather has 30+ years in the business, is one of the most respected techs around, and the factory tech for several very high end manufacturers - Aesthetix being one that readily...
  3. S

Mono button = little to no sound

OK thanks, followed the wiring diagram but something got crossed between the Denon, Orsonic and Fidelity Research.
  4. S

OK, thank you for confirming my suspicions. I switched the wires on one channel, the one that seemed to lack some of the bass the other channel had, and there is sound now using the defeat setting. :banana: Now, next thing I'm wondering, do I now have both sides out of phase or in phase? Is...
  5. S

Yamaha C-2 Volume Pot

Just a follow up Avionic, my tech was able to clean the pot using a penetrating contact cleaner that didn't require disassembling the pot.(I have to get the name of it from him) So far so good. Hope it is as long term a remedy as deoxit has been in my experience. For $20 I got all pots and...
  6. S

With my old turntable and cart(1200 grado + 8mx) the mono button worked as advertised. Depress it and it seemed to cancel out some channel specific noise and crackle and made mono LPs just sound better. However with my new turntable and cart combination(sp-10 + 103r) when I hit the mono...
  7. S

Yamaha C-2 Volume Pot

I sent it to my tech as I had an amp going in to him as well. Just seemed a little bit beyond the "hit it with dexoit" fix for me. I don't want to have to get into unsoldering things from boards to fix them, at least not on pieces that I plan to have in the main system for a while. I'll let...
  8. S

Yamaha C-2 Volume Pot

tks avionic, does it just unscrew from the pc board? edit: is there anything I can do that would really screw it up and make it unusable?
  9. S

Yamaha C-2 Volume Pot

Just hooked up my C-2 for the first time and discovered of course that the volume/balance pot needs cleaned. Took the cover off to do so with dexoit only to find a pot I am not familiar with. I don't want to screw with it so thought I would ask here how to go about cleaning it. It appears...
  10. S

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Why would one look at an SP-25 over an SP-10? I would think the SP-10mk2 route would be the best to go if moving away from the 1200's.
  11. S

doesn't KAB have platters? I believe Kevin has most parts available.
  12. S

carts I know have good synergy with the unit from personal experience are Shure V15 type III Shure V15 type IV Grado Signature 8mx the above are all vintage, for a cart you can buy new Nagaoka MP-110 For a MC design I do not have experience with any but know several people using the Denon...
  13. S

drknstrmyknight is a great seller

Bought some LPs from Frank and all were better than described, grading is conservative. Buy with confidence, I know I will again. :)
  14. S

at-112ep vs shure 104e

I have two p-mounts here and one has to go, which to keep, the at-112ep or the shure 104e? Is there any difference? or are they basically the same level of cart from different manufacturers.
  15. S

http://www.lpgear.com/product/NAGAOKAMP011.html
  16. S

Wow! Nice job getting the thread back on track. Great stuff!!!
  17. S

Let's not totally derail this thread about the 1200 with a threadcrap about MF, why not start a new thread for this little head to head and not continue to sully 31 pages of fun. :)
  18. S

I use the technics protractor off Vinyl Engine as do at least 20 other people I know of, it works just fine, you just have to shift the cart forward in the headshell enough.
  19. S

Just me but some of those mods are a little overpriced...
  20. S

Great post thedelihaus! I just thought this should be out there again when people are talking about just casually wrapping the arm in heat shrink. ;) :cheers:
  21. S

I think I asked this before, but it is worth asking again, can you address how to heat the shrink without damaging the VERY fine wires within the actual tonearm. :)
  22. S

Looking for Record Stores in Buffalo/NiagaraFalls NY recommendations

Great stuff so far, making a map. Anything up closer to the Factory Outlet Mall on Military Road?
  23. S

Looking for Record Stores in Buffalo/NiagaraFalls NY recommendations

Going to the Buffalo/Niagara Falls NY area in a couple days with my wife so she can go shopping... so figured I might as well hit some used vinyl shops. Can anyone recommend any? What are the best ones? Best prices? Worst prices? What ones to avoid? Appreciate the heads up. :D
  24. S

:yikes: :naughty: :banana: :boink: :smsex: :worthless
Back
Top Bottom