Search results

1. jnoyes

LP Gear Customer Service

I should have known better than to post this here , I'm being blamed and my expectaions questioned. Take it for what it's worth, which is apparently nothing. Good BYE!
  2. jnoyes

LP Gear Customer Service

I bought it in 10/21. It was on a Kyocera PL-701 in my secondary system. As I said, low hours. My expectation was, as a minumum, to sell me a new one at their cost. Does that sound unreasonable to you?
  3. jnoyes

LP Gear Customer Service

I am 100% positive the stylus came off. I took a picture of it with my digital microscope, I sent them the picture as proof. Are you suggesting it's not possible? What are you suggesting was my user error?
  4. jnoyes

LP Gear Customer Service

I bought one of their Vividline styluses for my ADC cartridge. After about 50-75 hours of use the stylus came off. I sent them pictures and their response was a link to buy another one. SERIOUSLY? They DO NOT stand behind their products. I have been restoring and repairing turntables for several...
  5. jnoyes

KEF 103.2 crossover upgrades

Thank you so much!
  6. jnoyes

Bridging is fine, can you show me the where the poles are?
  7. jnoyes

Can someone show me how to bypass the protection circuit? Thanks
  8. jnoyes

Kenwood KD 770 head shell substatute?? HS 51

That Sony headshell will NOT work. Search for this on Ebay, "Angled SME type 5N Pure Silver Leadwire Ebony Wood Headshell GOLD Lift" The seller is "beatbreakerz" This absolutely will work and is angled correctly, I have two for my KP-770D
  9. jnoyes

Kenwood KD-2055 Need help

I have worked on several of these and it's very likely the problem. If I can help in any way I'll be glad to. Shoot me a PM
  10. jnoyes

Kenwood KD-2055 Need help

These turntables have issues with the motor mount grommets. They collapse enough over time for the motor to contact the metal vent on the bottom and cause noise. Remove the vent and see if there are marks from the motor rubbing on it, also listen to see if the noise goes away when the vent is...
  11. jnoyes

HarmAn Kardon T60 Turntable Platter Matt and Strobe weight question

You should have a weight that's as close to stock as possible. It's important to keep the weight equal on each of the three springs. That's why there is a weight underneath on the sub-chassis. The stock weight is the best option. You should also adjust the platter clearance according to the...
  12. jnoyes

Kenwood KD 770 D headshell

I have a balance like the one that was suggested earlier in this thread. I don't have it because I don't trust the manufacturer, I have it because it's quick, convenient and cheap. As for the "argument" that it has to be at the exact height as the top of a record in play, that simply isn't so...
  13. jnoyes

You only seem interested in showing off what you have made. I have offered a viable alternative that is actually helpful.
  14. jnoyes

I wouldn't expect you to buy one, you have made your own. How does you making them help the person that doesn't have one? Short answer, it doesn't. If he can find an original at a price he's willing to pay, then that's what he should do. Once again you have completely twisted what I have...
  15. jnoyes

I didn't say it was the same, I said it was better than what he was using, which it is. If you can get it aligned with a proper protractor what differance does it make?
  16. jnoyes

Get an Audio-Technica AT-HS4SV headshell. it's a bit too long for some cartridges, but it's close and way better than the one you're using. I got a pretty good alignment with a Stanton 681 cartridge on my 770D. They're about $30
  17. jnoyes

Question to Kenwood KD-770D owners

I have a KD-770D and I can move the arm all the way to about an inch from the spindle. Something is not right with yours. I would remove the bottom cover and take a look. Jon
  18. jnoyes

Need a tech/advise for Accuphase P300

Hey Maynard Glad Randy was able to fix it for you Jon
  19. jnoyes

Pioneer PL-570 Motor/drive issues

The gear motor on Ebay is an exact replacement. I recently bought and installed one for a customers PL-570 and it works perfectly.
  20. jnoyes

Dual 721 in the house

I bought one new back in the day, I had a Stanton 681eee on it and then later on an Ortofon MC. One of Duals best IMO.
  21. jnoyes

Surprised a bit by Cerwin Vega model R-12's

Great job my friend and you had fun doing it too! I need to come have a listen soon.
  22. jnoyes

Nice resto on a 2385 wood case

Thanks so much my friend. It was a challenge for sure, glad I was able to do it. Jon
  23. jnoyes

Pioneer PL-570 Alternatives

Yeah, a terrific TT, I've restored two of them. I'm soooo tempted, but I can't justify it right now.
  24. jnoyes

Expensive TT's all hype? Real discussion

Thanks for the pics, yes hanging!
  25. jnoyes

Expensive TT's all hype? Real discussion

I was simply suggesting (and I am absolutely correct) that the Yamaha design is more like the SOTA than the Thorens, Linn, or AR. I'm not suggesting any are better or worse than any other, Apparently you have not owned the Yamaha or you would know more about it and then would be in a position...
Back
Top Bottom