Search results

1. K

Accuphase E-303 need repair

Hey all, I brought my Accuphase E-303 with me from Europe, but it needs some maintenance. It has already been repaired once, and then I took it apart and re-assembled it (but not properly). Technically, it has no broken parts. I'd like a professional to look at it and perform maintenance so that...
  2. K

Accuphase E303, shaping up

Hehe.. no it's ok, I'm actually quite good with a soldering iron, and I have repared amps before. I'm just a full-of-questions kinda guy. I just took the whole amp apart.. I'm gonna replace 66 caps. That's including the Phono section. I don't use it myself, but I might as well fix it while...
  3. K

gah I'm looking at the power amp circuit caps, and those also need to be replaced, but the power transistors are in the way. Ramli, you did replace those, right? If only capacitors could be had from a shop nearby at reasonable prices! There's a shop nearby that sells capacitors (not 100m from...
  4. K

You're so right it's scary! I looked a bit more closely and and it turns out that the 100VDC version is only a 'Gold' version, not even a 'Super through'. So this morning I had already decided to go for the normal size, 80VDC 22,000 mF with dimensions 63x100mm, same as the originals. I'm just...
  5. K

But the TS HA's come in better sizes compared to the sizes of the old caps. Also, I think they're more expensive. But again, I'll check them out. Otherwise, I just might go for Black Gates and more Nichicon KG's ;-) I will order from the USA anyway, shipping will be high... In the end, I'll...
  6. K

Oh God I'm tempted to buy Nichicon KG's... I can buy the 100VDC 22,000 mF Gold for $50 each, online. They should 'just' fit! 76mm diameter instead of 63mm. Ramli, your Mundorfs were also 75mm, right? I know the amp probably isn't worth it, but I really really want to have fun :D The 80VDC...
  7. K

Why did you choose Panasonic FM/FC's and not the TS HA's? Are the FCs better? I'm now looking to order some caps, because today when I turned on the amp there was barely any sound, until I turned it off and on again...
  8. K

Hey Ramli, thanks for your reply! Sorry I was gone for a few days, didn't have time to check back here! I will PM you with my email address ;) First, I think I will remove the PS board and recap that. I wonder which caps I should use.. I can get some pretty standard ones nearby.. will think...
  9. K

Hey guys! Time to resurrect this thread for a bit. I also have a E-303 with some problems. Sadly, I'm not as good with electronics as Ramli is :( I do know how to solder pretty well. My first question for Ramli... could you get me a high res version of your schematics? How does the...
Back
Top Bottom