Search results

1. revox-b77

Kenwood KD-670 Turntable Opinions

This is available locally. I am not familiar with this model opinions?
  2. revox-b77

Identify arm on Thornes TD 165

This is available locally. I am curious what the arm is and more importantly what all it is missing. Sure looks rough. Also where does the 165 fall in the pecking order? Thanks.
  3. revox-b77

Guess I am in the Thorens Club Now

Brand new to me TD 125 MkII with TP16 arm. She needs some cleaning and polish but otherwise in fully functioning condition. The smoked dust cover is very rough but no deep scratches. I am sure I will have a million questions sooner than later. Like how do I get rid of the dust bug ring. Here are...
  4. revox-b77

OK SPLAIN THIS TO ME...

The speakers in my 2007 Chevy truck quit about a month ago. Well sort of. In the morning they are out. At noon still out. By the time I leave work they are working just fine. Next morning it's the same story. This, as I said has been happening daily for a month. So I figure something is not...
  5. revox-b77

Scott S-71

A pair is available. Does anyone know about this model? Or Scott speakers in general. These are late 60's early 70's I would guess. 3 way 4 drivers per cabinet 12" woofer.
  6. revox-b77

Long Term Stylus Storage

So I like several others here have NOS replacement styli for a bunch of my cartridges. These styli are no longer available and very pricy when found. The rub is in many cases these styli are not going to be used for years. Many years in fact. So as we all know the suspensions dry out and the...
  7. revox-b77

JVC KD 65 worth the time?

This popped up locally. I really like the meters on this. Anyone have any experience with this deck? And yes I really need another cassette deck like a hole in the you name it. Here is the sellers crappy photo.
  8. revox-b77

Yamaha YP-D6 Opinions

Thinking of picking up this turntable. It appears to be in very nice shape. What should I lookout for and in general opinions on this table?
  9. revox-b77

Turntable channel imbalance

OK its winter and my balance problem is back. Short of it: I have to turn the balance knob on the preamp to 9:00 to get the image back to center. The problem is only with the Turntable. Other inputs are fine. Turntable through separate phono preamp and aux in yields same problem. Different table...
  10. revox-b77

Friends of the library sale: nice find

Unopened in the wrapper. Set me back 2.50
  11. revox-b77

2 Different types of Dahlquist M-905?

There is an add locally for Dahlquist M-905's I was thinking about trying stacked 905's... But the crapy pictures in the add look quite different than the 905's I own. Mine are 26.5 inches tall. 13.5 inches wide and 12.5 inches deep. They have a 1/4 rounded walnut frame about 1 1/2 inches wide...
  12. revox-b77

EVG PM3136DQ Stylus for Shure V15IV Opinions?

So is anyone out there running this stylus? I really can find nothing much about it. Here is the tip size and tracking force: EVG part PM3162DQ Tracking ¾ to 1-1/2 grams, Tip spec 5-8r x 65-75r micron Sounds pretty hyper elliptical to me. Does it have a tie wire? How is the cantilever...
  13. revox-b77

SL 1200 restore?

These are available locally...I am thinking too far gone...Can AK make me change my mind?
  14. revox-b77

Aiwa HS-F1

All of these posts on Walkman type recorders got me thinking about my old Aiwa that I purchased in 1984 or 85. I dug it out today, popped in 2 AA batteries and low and behold it still works just fine. This unit is a recorder. Records with built in mics or line inputs. It is metal tape ready and...
  15. revox-b77

KLH 32

I found a nice KLH all-in-one stereo curbside so I figured I would give it a go. The speakers are first. I checked the drivers, ok; Recapped the originals with Dayton's; Replaced fiberglass with poly fill; Doped the surrounds with the Vintage AR sealer; Used Velcro to attach the cleaned grills...
  16. revox-b77

Double Click Adds

Can AK get rid of these? They totaly are making impossible to post here from MAC or PC. Key board locks up and page disappears. When I hit back and look at history there will be 6 or so links to Double Click Adds for every AK page. By the way this is the only site I am having this trouble with.
  17. revox-b77

Pioneer PL-518 Replacement Cover

Just installed the PL-518 Dust Cover Replacement I received from J-n-B Audio. This is a nice unit. All I had to do was swap hinges and add the front bumpers. The unit was packed to the 9's. The shipping box would hold about a dozen covers. The quality is very good with thicker plastic in the...
  18. revox-b77

Turntable Packing

Hi Folks, News said this morning that UPS is starting to use drones for some rural deliveries. I guess we will now have to pack our tables to withstand a 200 foot fall!
  19. revox-b77

KLH Reference 10 model CT 44

These popped up for sale locally. A search is coming up with about nothing. Anyone have any experience with these?
  20. revox-b77

Tube sourse

Hi Tube forum, first post here. I really don't have any tube equipment yet so nothing to post. Anyway I came across a surplus place that seems to have tons of tubes while looking for a chain sprocket the other day. Thought I would mention it. The place is Surplus Sales of Nebraska. You can...
  21. revox-b77

Orion System Set Up Disc

I was browsing at my local record store the other day and came across this LP still sealed. I was wondering if anyone here has used this brand before? How does it compare to other test records?
  22. revox-b77

Ultra Magnetics Styli

Hi Folks, I was wondering if any of you have any experience with Ultra Magnetics styli? What is the quality like and how do they tend to compare to the originals? Thanks
  23. revox-b77

What model Philips table is this?

Found this table at a moving sale today. Couldn't say no for a few bucks. Wood veneer plinth doesn't have a scratch in it. Belt drive, pretty entry I would imagine. Some strange controls ( seems there is a built in scale to show tracking force? I guess the knob is antiskate? Or do you zero the...
  24. revox-b77

Itentify RTR?

This popped up on local CL, I have never seen this model before. Looks to be 4 track. Have any of you seen this before? What model is it. Kind of looks like an Akai transport to me.
  25. revox-b77

Cap Failure

Hi Folks, A very basic question here... When caps fail does their value go up or down? As an example if I have a .25 UF cap and it is reading .32UF removed from the circuit is it bad? Do they short out when dead? Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom