Search results

1. Rudy

Static, You wont beleave this!

I have fought the static for some time now on my 1200. What helped was the following : 1. I made sure that the table is grounded and that there is a connection from the spindle of the table to the ground tab of the preamp/amp 2. I bought a 'Static Draining Record Brush'...
  2. Rudy

Technics SL-1200G announced.

More infos on www.technics.com
  3. Rudy

QUEEN - The Studio Collection

Let me start with saying that I am not a reviewer. This is my personal impression of the Queen - Studio Collection box set, which I bought from Music Direct for $399. As a Queen fan I was looking forward to that since its introduction in July. Although I was skeptical about the colored vinyl. I...
  4. Rudy

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Queen - The Studio Collection
  5. Rudy

TT Static

It depends which record I use. I have some records which are prone to static. Mostly the latest Jazz records from AcousTech and all of my Japanese pressings. Yes, those are 180 g records. But I have much more 180 g records which are not prone to static. I assume that those records are 100%...
  6. Rudy

At33ev cart

I just love mine. It is an awesome cartridge. I went from a Zyx Yatra, which was not such a good tracker on my TD160S with SME M2-9. It even tracked the canon shots on the Kunzel 1812. And the sound is just amazing.
  7. Rudy

Thorens TD 160

It can happen if you don't have the motor protection rod and you drop the platter on the motor pulley. i.e. after changing the belt.
  8. Rudy

Thorens owners group

captouch: Ask Dave @ vinylnirvana.com. Perhaps he can help you.
  9. Rudy

Resonance Frequency Am I Pushing The Limit

Michael, I am using the AT33EV on a 1200MKII. I measured the resonance freq. at around 8 - 8.5 Hz, with the HFNR. The HFNR is not the best for that. I ordered the 'Shure Audio Obstacle Course test record for the Shure V15 Type V'. Which is supposed to be better. I will post the data here when I...
  10. Rudy

3 speed stepped capstan for ROK

Howdy folks, I am looking for a 3 speed stepped capstan 60Hz for a Rek-O-Kut B12. Does anyone know where I can get one or who is building them? Thanks, I appreciate it. Best, Rudy
  11. Rudy

Thorens TD160 super fine tuning

Same here. I have a TD160 super as well. My platter is 4mm to the deck. My suspension is adjusted for the Bren weight. I thought about adjusting it. But I am afraid I just make things worse. Rudy
  12. Rudy

Zyx R100h....on my wish list

I love my Zyx R100 Yatra. They are pretty light though, 5g. You might want to get the SB option which brings it up to 9.2g, depending on what arm you are using.
  13. Rudy

Why SME?

And here is another image :
  14. Rudy

Why SME?

Those are Audio Technica feet. The main reason I put these under the table is that they are adjustable. The table is from Dave @ Vinyl Nirvana. Here is a better image :
  15. Rudy

Why SME?

I couldn't agree more.
  16. Rudy

Some interesting things picked out of the Wipedia write up on HD radio

merrylander, when the following is true : 1. 'Depending on the encoder used, AAC generally achieves better sound quality than MP3 at the same bitrate, particularly below 192 kbit/s.' Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Audio_Coding 2. 'HDC (High Definition Coding) is a...
  17. Rudy

HD Radio Tuner Choices?

Nevertheless, I like it. And for me, being to far away from the NPR station KUHF Houston, there is no other option. I could not record anything with my MR-77 or any other tuner I had. Now, depending on the weather, I can.;) Mark, what HD Radio do you have? Rudy
  18. Rudy

HD Radio Tuner Choices?

First, I have never said that it is a digital signal. Second, here is an Excerpt from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_Radio which I have read. 'HD Radio is a brand name of a method of digital transmission of AM and FM radio stations.'
  19. Rudy

HD Radio Tuner Choices?

A week ago I installed a Sangean HDT-1X into my system. For me the quality is as good as CD. I live 75 miles SW of Houston and listen to KUHF (NPR) only. The reception is not always good. When we have a cloudy day there a no drop outs. On a clear day or at night there can be quite some drop...
  20. Rudy

Speaker Recommendations $3-5k

McIntosh.
  21. Rudy

McIntosh & Cigars

Yep. I prefer the Cabinets as well. A few years back quality was a problem. Since I mostly live in the US now I have no access to cuban cigars anymore. Only when I go back to Germany to visit my Relatives. I don't know how it is these days. Rudy
  22. Rudy

McIntosh & Cigars

Masterlu, try some Partagas Shorts, especially after Breakfast. They are delicious. Rudy
  23. Rudy

McIntosh & Cigars

About what Lusitanias you guys talking? Some faked ones or the Cuban Partagas Lusitanias? Forzaroma, I had some 'DeNobili Toscani Long' last year as we were in Florence. Very nice. Rudy
  24. Rudy

A Question about C2200

JWW19, It is a little bit difficult at the moment because the 275 is in repair. When it is back I can make a A/B comparison. From memory I would say they are very close. Rudy
  25. Rudy

A Question about C2200

I just put a set of Electro Harmonix ($100) in, to save the originals. I can not find any difference to the McIntosh tubes, except that I can not see any glow with the EH.:scratch2: Rudy
Back
Top Bottom